Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2021, 23:35   #196
BHPian

Re: The Petrol Pump Story - How Petrol Pumps Operate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
So, they are looking to use their Brand name to diversify in some other fields- correct?
No sir, they arent targeting anyone to use their brand name and diversify in other fields, the OMC's have one key advantage, they have land in the heart of cities which is gold. They wished to capitalise on the revenue they can generate from that apart from fuel.Sadly that dream has gone kaboom due to various nitty gritties and red tape involved.

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 30th April 2021 at 00:04.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 09:40   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Sadly that dream has gone kaboom due to various nitty gritties and red tape involved.
No, I meant, they want to use the brand and enter into other fields.

The problem with the land may be the type of use that was mentioned in the allotment, so getting a change of land use can be tricky. It took railways a lot of efforts to get some land put to use but even that's not happening fast if I am not mistaken.
Old 30th April 2021, 11:28   #198
BHPian

Quote:

The problem with the land may be the type of use that was mentioned in the allotment, so getting a change of land use can be tricky. It took railways a lot of efforts to get some land put to use but even that's not happening fast if I am not mistaken.
Yes sir, the only thing that is permitted on the site is sale of petrol/diesel/lubes/cng and a service centre if its mentioned on the lease. All other activites are prohibited and land owning agency levies misuse charges which keeps compounding with interest and now runs into crores.
Old 3rd May 2021, 12:49   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Well sir i dont know which omc you are refering to but in delhi they have tied up with almost all business models related to vehicles and 2 wheelers and failed misreably in all activities.

1. Tie up with tyre co. - Failed, prices in open market far cheaper then those offered at pump.

2. Batteries - Failed , again same issue prices more then other market players

3. Insurance kiosks - Failed, same story,could not
Compete with open market pricing.

4. Car accessory diplays- Failed, same story no chance against open market players.

Theese are just some examples i can keep going on and on, city in refrence Delhi ncr Oil marketing company - HPCL

Bottom line of the sheet is what the companies look at in terms of their sucess and all have majorly realized there is no money to be made apart from their core business
Yes. I have seen quite a few of these facilities being offered. But these are one-off meaning they are not offered across all retail outlets. But if they want to take it seriously they can make these as some major facilities competing with open markets.
Old 3rd May 2021, 13:32   #200
BHPian

Quote:
This is what they want to do.
Old 3rd May 2021, 23:27   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb View Post
Yes. I have seen quite a few of these facilities being offered. But these are one-off meaning they are not offered across all retail outlets. But if they want to take it seriously they can make these as some major facilities competing with open markets.
They are offered across all retail outlets, dealers choose not to take theese up as they are aware that its a dead investment
My point being companies have their think tanks at work and they are short term gain plans, and no they are least intrested in dealers views or customers views regarding the same

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks