Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2013, 20:59   #61
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero SFX production to end in 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
I think the same, it will never come out again, But I am right now on the verge of buying one (pre-owned) as off now. Before April 2nd week, call me nuts, but yes need one for a trip. Should I buy one for a trip to Bhutan, or not?
What is the market rate of used pajeros in Bangalore? Here in Kerala the asking price for 2008 models are 13 lakhs and above.
Old 17th February 2013, 22:24   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post

What is the market rate of used pajeros in Bangalore? Here in Kerala the asking price for 2008 models are 13 lakhs and above.
Even here the asking price is the same. I had seen a 2008 where the asking price was 13.5 (through a broker, not a dealer, I will never buy from a dealer), and I was told the best offer he got was 11.5, and the broker said it a good price in his opinion.
Old 18th February 2013, 13:44   #63
BHPian

50% depreciation in 4 years is fair, is it not?
Old 18th February 2013, 19:35   #64
BHPian

I honestly had a dream that old Pajero launched in India for 10L with a CRDI engine ! But then i got up and realized dreams can never be true.

Imagine the volumes HM would have sold had the Pajero been priced realistically ! I checked out couple of used Pajeros, in Bangalore, all 2008+ models. However, i am not comfortable with the upkeep of the cars. All for a 14+ budget. The exteriors are excellent though !
Old 14th March 2013, 12:01   #65
BHPian

Can any of you confirm if the production has really come to end and what is the status of leftover stocks etc. It does not show in this months sales report also.
Old 17th March 2013, 19:10   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Can any of you confirm if the production has really come to end and what is the status of leftover stocks etc. It does not show in this months sales report also.

I read in another forum, but cannot confirm whether it's just a rumour that the SFX is still available on demand if you are willing to pay the full amount upfront and wait 4-5 months for delivery. Regarding leftover stocks, I have no Idea as my email to HM regarding this has not been replied to till date.
suv100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 21:16   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My friend recently talked to the Mitsubishi dealership & they said SFX can be ordered still! May be some left over stocks, but I don't know the specifics!
Old 17th March 2013, 22:34   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

My friend recently talked to the Mitsubishi dealership & they said SFX can be ordered still! May be some left over stocks, but I don't know the specifics!
Thanks for the info. In any case I would never buy a new one but was trying to see how it will affect it's resale. I see you are also keen on the Ecosport and what do you think if you get a 4 year old well looked after SFX done about 45K on the odo for 10 L will you opt for it or will you still buy the Ecosport for the same money. I know it's not a fare comparison but still.
Old 18th March 2013, 00:16   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. In any case I would never buy a new one but was trying to see how it will affect it's resale. I see you are also keen on the Ecosport and what do you think if you get a 4 year old well looked after SFX done about 45K on the odo for 10 L will you opt for it or will you still buy the Ecosport for the same money. I know it's not a fare comparison but still.
My heart says Pajero but head will fix on Ecosport!!

Reasons:

I am NOT a hard-core 4x4 guy.
Maintenance cost
Spares availability
Mitsubishi A$$ etc

If I was affluent, Pajero it may have been.
Old 18th March 2013, 14:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

My god! I must be living under a rock. I thought the Pajeros stopped production in the 90s. I mean that's when all the movie stars used to own one right. So whenever I would see one on the road I'd say to myself, That person must be real good at maintaining heh. So When I read the OP I was quite surprised to read that they are still(were) making this car and most importantly the price they were selling it at.
I remember when I was a kid I was in awe of this car. Whenever I would see a Pajero my eyes would just be glued to it. I will miss this car. I have seen the new Pajero and it simply lacks the butch manly look, feel and presence of the old one. It will be missed...
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 16:57   #71
BHPian

Quote:
My heart says Pajero but head will fix on Ecosport!!

Reasons:

I am NOT a hard-core 4x4 guy.
Maintenance cost
Spares availability
Mitsubishi A$$ etc

If I was affluent, Pajero it may have been.
And also the Ecosport looks much modern too. But contrary to popular belief the 4x4 will come in handy in many situations even if one does not do the hardcore stuff. A good GC and AWD option can take us to every corner of India for sure, without a worry, an explorers delight I'd say.

Maintenance cost - yes, at least 40-50% more. Spares may not be an issue, there are plenty in the market.

I was comparing a 4 yr old Pajero to a new Ecosport, not really fare but that way both will cost the same. And Pajeros are know to be extremely reliable. Considering ownership of about 5 years max, it still does make sense, but not just yet, now that the production of Pajero has stopped the resale values will start coming down, may settle to about 8-9 L for a 4 yr old from what they are asking now is 10-13 L. Even after next 5 years, a 9 yr old Pajero and a 5 yr old Ecosport will have the same resale values.

If only Ecosport came with a AWD option, it would have been an easy decision for us non-hardcore 4x4 types.
Old 18th March 2013, 21:48   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And also the Ecosport looks much modern too...
Pajero SFX has a classic look to it - EVER GREEN! Anywhere I see one, even after these many years, it still brings a smile on my face.

Quote:
...But contrary to popular belief the 4x4 will come in handy in many situations even if one does not do the hardcore stuff. A good GC and AWD option can take us to every corner of India for sure, without a worry, an explorers delight I'd say...
Agree with you; another one reason I would NOT consider this is because of the average highway performance (from different reviews). For a highway drive tagged along with some 4x4 visit, I would prefer a used Fortuner. *Used* because ONLY a Fortuner at around 15L makes sense to me!
Old 19th March 2013, 01:23   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Agree with you; another one reason I would NOT consider this is because of the average highway performance (from different reviews). For a highway drive tagged along with some 4x4 visit, I would prefer a used Fortuner. *Used* because ONLY a Fortuner at around 15L makes sense to me!
Engine wise? It is a non turbo DI engine. The torque & drivability, you got to experience it. The only -ve aspect is poor FE. For a 400kms bi-weekly run it uses almost 50L of diesel. And it may not sprint till 140, but progress towards it.

Else, it smokes all SUV's around 20L or even 30 as far as ride, handling & comfort goes. The braking is very good as well & despite the Car being close to 50K, there are no expenses. It stays unbelievably flat for a ladder on frame SUV. I mean, you got to experience this.

The Car still is running on stock MRF ZVRL's (I think I have gotten the name correct) & there is a lot of tread left.

I have done close to 500kms run on back to back & gone home w/o aches or feeling car-sick.

A Pajero Sport engine in the SFX & I would sell my soul to buy one.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 11:27   #74
BHPian

Ditto for me, Pajero has been my Dream Car for ages now. I was also on the look-out for a 2-3 year Old Pajero. But with so many BHPians recommending not to go fot it, have put the idea in cold storage.

BUt the Pajero still makes me go weak in the knees. If it was only a decision of the heart I would have plonked the money for it by now.
Old 19th March 2013, 14:46   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Pajero SFX has a classic look to it - EVER GREEN! Anywhere I see one, even after these many years, it still brings a smile on my face.
I did not know you too share the same emotion about Pajero, now with so many new 'fresh' looking contenders I think there are very few like us who go week in the knees just by looking at it. It is a Classic.

Quote:
Yes true, it is not a car to sprint at 140-180 kms/hr on 6 lane highways. This point has been bugging me too. But then on our highways we barely touch 140, that too not being sure of how safe we are. If it cruses well between 100-130, its fare enough.
But where are you getting a Fortuner for 15 Lakhs? I have seen only Delhi & Mumbai rates come to 18 something, in Bangalore 22+ is still the norm with owners thinking as though some moron will actually pay that kind of money.

To summarise it, Pajero is a bit of a compromise on the highway, whereas the TFort is a bit of a compromise on the 4x4 terrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Engine wise? It is a non turbo DI engine. The torque & drivability, you got to experience it. The only -ve aspect is poor FE. For a 400kms bi-weekly run it uses almost 50L of diesel. And it may not sprint till 140, but progress towards it.
this I did not know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Else, it smokes all SUV's around 20L or even 30 as far as ride, handling & comfort goes. The braking is very good as well & despite the Car being close to 50K, there are no expenses. It stays unbelievably flat for a ladder on frame SUV. I mean, you got to experience this.

The Car still is running on stock MRF ZVRL's (I think I have gotten the name correct) & there is a lot of tread left.

I have done close to 500kms run on back to back & gone home w/o aches or feeling car-sick.

A Pajero Sport engine in the SFX & I would sell my soul to buy one.
Great! You are one lucky guy, got to buy a new one, and keep it too.
I had seen a test conducted by ACI where it left behind the TFort breathless on a OTR mountain path.
I wish you many happy miles.
zulfi hansi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks