Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 19:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners

Good initiative but, we will have to wait and see how it goes. I was never satisfied with their onsite service itself. Don't know how this online service is going to work .
Old 4th July 2012, 19:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
I think the details can be accessed only by the owner since it will be password protected. Unless the owner wishes to share, I am not sure we can get a particular vehicle details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I tend to agree with flyingkolors, as all info pertaining to a particular car may only be available to the car owner registering for the service.
I dont see a challenge here. Once I meet a buyer who wants to buy my Hyundai, I just login and show him the service history. I also hand over the username and password to him, as it is of no use to me from the moment i sell my car.

As i mentioned above. It is for the staight-forward seller. If someone wants to "hide" something its going to be difficult.
Old 4th July 2012, 19:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great piece of information GTO. I hope Hyundai car owners will take advantage of such a facility. Have already forwarded the link to most of my colleagues who own Hyundai cars.

I wish other car manufacturers take a cue from this initiative and start something similar to benefit other car manufacturers.

The website claims to get the car serviced within 2 hrs, is this an achievable target or just tall claims? Also are the dealers trained to provide the services claimed by the website. This i guess remains to be seen.
Old 4th July 2012, 23:25   #19
BHPian

I am the second owner of my Santro, and I cannot register the car on the site. The error I get is that name, owner type (1st, 2nd etc.), registration and VIN do not match. I even tried with the first owner's name and still it doesn't accept it!
Old 5th July 2012, 07:50   #20
BHPian

This is indeed a great initiative by Hyundai! As always, thanks for sharing GTO!

My third service is due, so I'm going to try using this online form for booking this time. Let see how things are going to go.

Will certainly update you about the user friendliness and effectiveness of their new system once used.

If they start using this to track the customer satisfaction surveys and follow up using this, I think it will be certainly a big leap and great advantage for the owners.

r-six
Old 5th July 2012, 08:06   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post

Did anyone try to register their vehicle? I tried and all the times it kept giving me "Enter valid VIN Number" Error. I tried atleast 3-4 times and same error.
Yeah.Same thing happened when i tried to log in.Hopefully the computer dudes sort out the issues with the website real soon
Old 5th July 2012, 08:17   #22
BHPian

You know this isn't actually a pioneering idea at all, it's just been better marketed, this doesn't mean that I don't like it, but it isn't new, hasn't anyone ever gone on to customercare.tatamotors.com? It has pretty much everything on there except the insurance quote.

This I think tells the Tata Motors story as well as anything, great ideas - extremely poor execution! In this case the site works fine, it's just that very few people know about it.
da_lowrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 09:03   #23
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwas

I had the same problem initially. The Form converts everything to uppercase and displays them as capital letters regardless of what you enter. The same seems to be happening for the VIN/chassis number. The second time I entered all characters in the VIN as capital letters and the site accepted my input. So for example try entering MNOPQ89UVWX123456 instead of Mnopq89uvwx123456
Thank you, my friend. I followed your technique and it did accept the VIN.

Unfortunately, this time it throws up another error - registration name, VIN and owner type do not match ( though I entered them correctly) or vehicle has already been registered (on the site). This is quite frustrating, but the car is due to get serviced only the next month and so I'll wait for their site admins to sort out these teething issues.
Old 5th July 2012, 09:20   #24
BHPian

Brilliant idea !
If things go as per the plan then there will be standardisation of service and spare parts cost across the country. This will lead to transparency
I think Hyundai should make the best possible efforts to include the discontinued models as well.

Buying a pre owned hyundai will then be a great idea
Old 5th July 2012, 10:01   #25

I tried to register in the site, but it gives an error Enter Valid VIN number. Entered the chassis number as in the RTO registration card. Not sure why this is happening?
Old 5th July 2012, 10:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3r View Post
Yeah.Same thing happened when i tried to log in.Hopefully the computer dudes sort out the issues with the website real soon
I did register without a glitch on first attempt itself. Just had my Registration card with me. It showed all services done so far and total charged.
Good to have this feature. Didn't understand the reminder much. Have to invest some time.
Vizay is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 10:12   #27

I had registered on the blue hyundai website itself a couple of weeks back.I came to know about this yesterday,tried to register,not yet successful.Probably its clashing with the registration done using the same VIN on Blue hyundai website.

I also wrote to Blue Hyundai this morning.Hopefully some employee sorts this problem out.
Old 5th July 2012, 10:24   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Good idea. Helps keeping track of a lot of things.

Did anyone try to register their vehicle? I tried and all the times it kept giving me "Enter valid VIN Number" Error. I tried atleast 3-4 times and same error.

May be their system is still getting updated. Shall try again later on another day.

Regards,
h@r$h@l, did you succeed in registering yourself on the Hyundai site?

I got kicked out couple of times even though I was entering the correct info. To be on the safer side, I even tried confirming and re-entering the info from all the separate documents where the chassis number was mentioned. Still no luck.

As everyone else pointed out, it could be something related to their system up-gradation or they might have not back-filled the entire data onto the new system.

r-six
Old 5th July 2012, 10:37   #29
BHPian

excellent initiative! After all the recent brickbats for expensive service & poor experience, this is a positive step from Hyundai! Hope other manufactures follow suit!
Old 5th July 2012, 10:53   #30
BHPian

Great initiative by Hyundai!!

I have registered and am also able to see the servie history. Though it would have been nice, if there were more details of service history available.

EDIT: For people who are getting VIN error while registering, please ensure you are using the full 17 digit VIN. For example: MALCU**ULCM0****9

Attaching the screenshot from service history page.
Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners-untitled.jpg

Last edited by revved_up : 5th July 2012 at 10:56.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks