Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2012, 18:42   #646
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Launch Report

since there is a difference of 1.5 seconds from 0 to 100 between both the models, that will really make difference when we drive right..?
Old 18th July 2012, 18:55   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
The expression "if you can live with..." is scary in this context!! Hope nobody gets to put that condition to test!

Six gears apparently don't make up for the bumped up power in terms of FE, going by ARAI figures.
Having had a collision with a bus head on with my bolero,just last year I dont think I'll be inclined to take the chance on the airbag-less version. Six gears on 110 do supposedly have enough oomph to take on the XUV on a highway. So, call me chicken but with great power comes an even greater need for Airbags.
Old 18th July 2012, 19:23   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Having had a collision with a bus head on with my bolero,just last year I dont think I'll be inclined to take the chance on the airbag-less version. Six gears on 110 do supposedly have enough oomph to take on the XUV on a highway. So, call me chicken but with great power comes an even greater need for Airbags.
Tats true "great power comes an even greater need for Airbags". It is very much necessary to have an airbag on a powerful car, one of my friend recently met with an accident in his SUV (not displaying name) at speed of approx. 160km/h on the outer ring road, his head had a direct impact with the steering wheel even though had worn his seatbelt...tats was sad...

Note from Mod : Please do not type like this with execessive dots.....and also refrain from using chat lingo. Repeat will attract infraction. Thanks

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th July 2012 at 12:22.
Old 18th July 2012, 19:52   #649
Senior - BHPian

Very to the point and covers most aspects vis a vis the car's capabilities. But (and its a big but), I know many a folks who have booked a Duster even before the price announcement, but are now having second thoughts mostly owing to the interior plastic quality. You and I may not pay too much heed to it but someone spending 12ish lacs on a vehicle would most probably have this as one of the boxes that needs to be ticked.

Folks draw comparisons to the similarly priced Verna and its interiors pretty much clean sweeps the Duster's. One might label such a comparo illogical (sedan vs "SUV"), but this is most certainly happening. Hope Renault pays heed to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
Why you might not buy it:
  1. Renault? Who?
Another one: Re-nault; that pen manufacturer is now making cars?
Old 18th July 2012, 20:27   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSpotter View Post
It is very much necessary to have an airbag on a powerful car, one of my friend recently met with an accident in his SUV (not displaying name) at speed of approx. 160km/h on the outer ring road, his head had a direct impact with the steering wheel even though had worn his seatbelt...tats was sad...
Really sad to hear this. However, given the condition of Indian roads, vehicles and drivers, it is really not advisible to drive over 100 km/h. Driving at 160 km/h (100 mph) is dangerous and illegal in almost all countries (bar Autobahns) .

Don't skimp on the safety aspect of the car; get airbags, ABS, ESP if its available in a trim and pay the extra money. Also, please no kids on front seat, especially little babies or infants! Pretty sure our life and our loved ones lives are more valuable than the 1-2 lakhs we will be saving. Indian Government should really step up and make ABS and front airbags mandatory for all passenger vehicles.

Speed limits by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 20:38   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post

I can understand your apprehension having met with an accident

I think you misunderstood my point. What i tried to imply you was you get a better powered vehicle Rxl110 at the same cost of Rxl85(o) minus airbag and not a better choice at safety point of view but only if you could not prefer top variant due to some reasons.

I fully endorse the view of having an airbag as a guy who's driving an ANHC AT model and look forward to one in Duster but, Renault has put me in a awkward position where i get this rear AC along with Rxz110ps and during long trips it will definitely make matters worse for the fifth occupant.

Is there by any chance we can move the rear AC forward or completely remove it?

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2012 at 17:34. Reason: No SMS language please. u = You
Old 18th July 2012, 21:20   #652
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
The 85bhp versions and RXL 110s I think are not equipped with the rear AC vent. Only the 119 RXZs come with it.
From that point of view the top end 85 seems to be an ideal choice.
(i.e. if one is OK the power output)

Last edited by ampere : 18th July 2012 at 21:22.
Old 18th July 2012, 21:21   #653
BHPian

Mods, if this video has already been posted, please delete my post

This video is from CarToq.com

Old 18th July 2012, 22:04   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The 85bhp versions and RXL 110s I think are not equipped with the rear AC vent. Only the 119 RXZs come with it.
From that point of view the top end 85 seems to be an ideal choice.
(i.e. if one is OK the power output)

Yes i pretty well know it. Now what is the choice for the customer who needs better power output (110ps), better safety (ABS&Airbags), better rear comfort (minus quirky rear AC) ?

When the same was put with the senior sales guy at Renault showroom the reply was lot of feedback in regard to this rear AC vent has been sent to Renault and they are expecting a design change in response to it but don't know the specific time frame when it will be adopted. Now i am even more confused whether to wait & watch or go with Rxl85(o) with less power or compromise with safety in Rxl110 without airbag, or compromise with rear space in Rxz110, hope Saturday review in our forum brings cheers.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 18th July 2012 at 22:33.
Old 18th July 2012, 22:08   #655
BHPian

Official Launch ReportRe: Renault Duster :

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Going against everything I normally believe in, all common sense, all logic and all reasoning, we have booked a Duster RxZ 110 in Grey. I have no news on when it will come... obviously. Let's see what happens.
Way to go, FlyingSpur, way to go! Welcome to the club! My gut feeling is - the Duster is going to be a good thing going.
Old 18th July 2012, 22:11   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can remove the rear AC but cannot move it forward or backward.

If thats a constraint, you would be better off having a roof-mounted AC. It might look odd, but will do the job well.
Old 18th July 2012, 22:42   #657
BHPian

I think you misunderstood my point. What i tried to imply you was you get a better powered vehicle Rxl110 at the same cost of Rxl85(o) minus airbag and not a better choice at safety point of view but only if u could not prefer top variant due to some reasons.

I belong to the catagory of people who dont want 110 rxz. I cant afford it. Its not that i take safety for granted, i dont go above 100 very often. I dont like the car feeling sluggish. I was worried if the 85bhp would become too slow when the vehicle is seated with 5 persons and luggage. My ritz does not have abs or airbag, but i do travel long distance at times. Might be because im used to it. If the 110rxl was 40k more and had airbags,i woudnt mind paying the extra money.. In my place rxz has 10% tax compared to rxl which is 8%
Old 18th July 2012, 22:48   #658
BHPian

Will the 85bhp have the same kind of refinement as the 110bhp. Can someone comment on how is the refinement of nissan sunny.
Old 18th July 2012, 23:02   #659
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now i am even more confused whether to wait & watch or go with Rxl85(o) with less power or compromise with safety in Rxl110 without airbag, or compromise with rear space in Rxz110, hope Saturday review in our forum brings cheers.

If at best you cruise on the highway rather, running very high speeds, I think 85 rxl option is an ideal blend.
The fact that most of the time we drive in the city, it should be extremely useful thanks to the low end torque that
we should get with 85 (as per claim.)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 00:07   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
Sit in the co drivers seat and you will get your answer.
Now why didn't I think of that ? Thanks for the suggstion.
For once my query was resolved by Team-BHP rather than Google
floyd.bell is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks