NHC - 12 kmpl 5 9.26%
NHC - 13 kmpl 7 12.96%
NHC - 14 kmpl 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2006, 08:43   #76
BHPian

Hey guys,

Not debating anything.. after owning NHC Vtec, let me give you the figures (I've already posted about the same earlier)..

I'm driving a NHC Vtec and I'm getting an avg of 13.5 kms in the city with AC.. The least was when I ripped her at 160's on a stretch just to check.. that's when I got 12.8 or so.. but otherwise, I'm getting a constant 13.8..

Before buying one, I also did check out if it gives that FE.. I saw figures in Overdrive which claims 14.6 in city and 19+ on highway, Autocar 13+ in city and 18+ highway and so on.. but always had the doubt that with 100bhp under the hood will it provide so much.. I also insisted the sales person to give me actual figures from the owners who have bought it and she said it was minimum 12 and she also gave me references.. I don't know what's hype and what's not, but it's better to check with actual owners and get to a conclusion and not to go by what the newspapers or the magazines claim..
Old 26th April 2006, 11:03   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
it's better to check with actual owners and get to a conclusion and not to go by what the newspapers or the magazines claim..
I fully support this idea......guys for FE do not depend on magazines/websites/salesman. Depend only on the owners feedback.

+ You can find someone owing the car in your company or neighbourhood go talk to them.....because its the second biggest investment indians make after house.

+ Ask the salesman to give the names/phone# of the other employees from your company who have bought the car. First they will say they dont know off hand, but insist.....if salesman is telling truth about their car's FE mainteance performance, they will surely give you the contact. If he doesn't give you the contacts, its clear that they are lying.
Old 26th April 2006, 14:36   #78
BHPian

Hurry up....................Last 4 days.......
Old 27th April 2006, 10:43   #79
BHPian

Just 49 votes .......

Team BHPs strength is a lot more, I am sure a lot more than 49 own AVeo/Fiesta/Baleno/NHC....come on guys make the last 3 days count.
Old 27th April 2006, 14:30   #80
Senior - BHPian

venkatrx, 2 simple doubts about this poll.
1. What exactly are you trying to find using the poll results ?
2. How are you planning to utilise the poll results to that end ?

I mean, from the current voting figures, I see that users with Baleno getting an FE of 12kmpl are the highest (15 out of 50 votes). Followed by NHC users getting 13kmpl (7 of 50 votes). Does this mean that we assume the Baleno's city FE with 100% AC to be 12kmpl and that of NHC to be 13kmpl. If so, these were already known figures.

I don't really understand how the outcome of the poll results are going to prove anything. Also, some problems with this poll are that you are pitting cars having 1.4L, 1.5L and 1.6L engines together - not logical at all when you are measuring FE. Also, the FE ranges are not the same for all cars. What if there are guys who get more than 12 on the Baleno ? They would be forced to vote in the 12kmpl category which would skew the results.
Old 27th April 2006, 14:41   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
venkatrx, 2 simple doubts about this poll.
1. What exactly are you trying to find using the poll results ?
Hey Superem, i have heard a lot of FE figures for baleno , FE on this forum and other places from this poll, we will know what the majority says...
Quote:
2. How are you planning to utilise the poll results to that end ?
this poll will give people a better view of what most of the BHPians are getting in their cars. This i suppose should help most of the new car buyers.
Now for e.g i am getting 8kmpl in my baleno....now after this poll i know if so many baleno owners are getting 12 kmpl, i can talk to maruti with a benchmark.
Quote:
I mean, from the current voting figures, I see that users with Baleno getting an FE of 12kmpl are the highest (15 out of 50 votes). Followed by NHC users getting 13kmpl (7 of 50 votes). Does this mean that we assume the Baleno's city FE with 100% AC to be 12kmpl and that of NHC to be 13kmpl. If so, these were already known figures.

I don't really understand how the outcome of the poll results are going to prove anything. Also, some problems with this poll are that you are pitting cars having 1.4L, 1.5L and 1.6L engines together - not logical at all when you are measuring FE. Also, the FE ranges are not the same for all cars. What if there are guys who get more than 12 on the Baleno ? They would be forced to vote in the 12kmpl category which would skew the results.
as per some of the initial comments [to keep a constant range of 8 to 15 for all cars, and to include few more cars like the 1.6 version of aveo,fiesta, indigo and petra] RudraSen tried to modify the poll but he couldn't add more choices.
Old 27th April 2006, 15:04   #82
Senior - BHPian

venkat, one surprising thing is that, while you have been exhorting everyone to vote on this poll, you have yet registered your vote. There are 0 votes against "Baleno 8kmpl" and you mentioned that you get 8kmpl on your Baleno. Why so ?
Old 27th April 2006, 15:17   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
venkat, one surprising thing is that, while you have been exhorting everyone to vote on this poll, you have yet registered your vote. There are 0 votes against "Baleno 8kmpl" and you mentioned that you get 8kmpl on your Baleno. Why so ?
hey supereme, my car is just one month old and my FE 8 kmpl might be a problem just with my car [not all balenos], hence i didn't want to distort the poll. May be even after 6 months maruti is unable to fix this problem, then in the poll or when giving feedback to others i will tell 8 kmpl.

Right now i will wait and watch, and hope that maruti can fix the problem.
Old 27th April 2006, 17:38   #84
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
hey supereme, my car is just one month old and my FE 8 kmpl might be a problem just with my car [not all balenos], hence i didn't want to distort the poll. May be even after 6 months maruti is unable to fix this problem, then in the poll or when giving feedback to others i will tell 8 kmpl.
Venkat , what about guys who are getting more than 12 km/ltr ?? Where do we vote ??
Its mighty clear that there is some problem with ur car .. I request u to get ur car to one of the weekend meets and sort out the issue .. We will be glad to be of help ..

Also every car will behave differently , not all cars will give u the same FE .. More importantly , the way you drive plays a more vital role to get excellent FE ..

By looking at ur posts , a lot of memebers are beginning to doubt if u even own a baleno .. I thinks its time u set the record straight .. Whats taking maruti so long to rectify your problem .. Can u shed some light on what they had to say regarding the low FE issue ?? What kind of tests did they carry out and report back to u ??
Old 28th April 2006, 10:40   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Venkat , what about guys who are getting more than 12 km/ltr ?? Where do we vote ??
Its mighty clear that there is some problem with ur car .. I request u to get ur car to one of the weekend meets and sort out the issue .. We will be glad to be of help ..

Also every car will behave differently , not all cars will give u the same FE .. More importantly , the way you drive plays a more vital role to get excellent FE ..
Quote:
By looking at ur posts , a lot of memebers are beginning to doubt if u even own a baleno .. I thinks its time u set the record straight .. Whats taking maruti so long to rectify your problem .. Can u shed some light on what they had to say regarding the low FE issue ?? What kind of tests did they carry out and report back to u ??
Maruti has told that 'engine tuning'(if they see a need of it) is done in second service (5000 kms) now mine is just around 1500 kms done. They have asked me to check the FE for another 1000 kms if i still get the same reading they said they will check 'variable settings' (things like spark timing, some AC related settings etc.) in the car w.r.t the company standard settings. They have not done any tests till date. But they plan to do some 'standard FE' test when i am supposed to take it after 1000 kms.
Old 28th April 2006, 15:54   #86
BHPian

Guys,

technically last 2 days left.

Practically today is the last business day to vote....
Old 30th April 2006, 13:51   #87
BHPian

Poll Analysis

More than 50 votes were cast. Very few votes for Fiesta and Aveo and not much data to analyze.

Avg. FE reported

Baleno : 11.3 kmpl
NHC : 13.1 kmpl

Notes : Its the weighted average taken considering with 3 or more votes for any particular choice.

Votes Polled

Baleno : 27 votes
NHC : 21 votes

In the market NHC sales are 4 times the Baleno sales. But here we see more Baleno owners than NHC !! Probably those who are looking for a technically better car do a lot of search and end up becoming members of this Team-BHP which has a lot of auto experts. This could be one possible reason for higher Baleno owners on this forum.

PS : I haven't voted in this poll as my car is just 1400 kms old. But i am getting 8 kmpl in my baleno. Now with this poll as the reference it clearly shows that the members are getting 11.3 kmpl in city with AC (a lot of them getting 12 kmpl). Now maruti guys cannot take me for a ride They have to make the necessary fixes to my car so that it gives me 12 kmpl.

Even though people say they are too many factors that affect the FE, one thing that comes out of this poll is atleast the variance for both these cars is just +/- 1 kmpl

Baleno 12 +/- 1 ( 11 ~ 13 kmpl)
NHC 13 +/- 1 (12 ~ 14 kmpl)

So for those guys, whose FE is beyond the ranges shown above, I am sure there could be some problem which should be fixable by the service centers.

Guys, Thanks for voting, now i have some reference data which i can use to talk to the Maruti.
Old 30th April 2006, 14:23   #88
BHPian

Venkat,
Assuming that members have voted without bias, and considering that sample size in both groups are large (>20) as well as similar (20-30), the only conclusion we can draw from the statistics is that Baleno FE figures haven't yet peaked in your poll. The final curve should somewhat look this way:

While NHC figures are on the descending end, Baleno's are in the ascending end... The better conclusion would be: "No significant difference"...
Old 1st May 2006, 20:28   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Venkat,
Assuming that members have voted without bias, and considering that sample size in both groups are large (>20) as well as similar (20-30), the only conclusion we can draw from the statistics is that Baleno FE figures haven't yet peaked in your poll. The final curve should somewhat look this way:

While NHC figures are on the descending end, Baleno's are in the ascending end... The better conclusion would be: "No significant difference"...
MSP,
Also to be noted is that Baleno FE is a little skewed, 7 have voted for 10 kmpl, 3 have voted for 11 and even though 12 kmpl is the peak. Baleno FE distribution doesn't seem to follow the normal distribution curve.

Taking the poll on its face value, one possible reason could be that Baleno FE to very sensitive to individual driving style
Old 1st May 2006, 20:35   #90
BHPian

Hey MSP,

Posting this again......Your gyan on this please.....

i forgot to ask, where did you get this data? i had queries which maruti couldn't answer.....may be you could.

1. Is 'auto climate control'[vxi] more fuel efficient than 'normal ac' [lxi]? if yes how? if not why?

2. does 165/80 tyres more fuel efficient than 185/65 tyres?

3. some times AC gives some strange smell, i have observed this in both 'fresh air' mode as well as 'recycle air' modes. any clue what it is?

4. have you upgraded to 100/90 lights.....i find 60/55 stock lights pathetic. any other solution other than 100/90.

5. at what speed we get maximum FE (in bikes i remember 55 to 60 kmph was marked as economy zone, so what about balano?)

PS : btw i checked the 'fuel lid' i didn't see any tell tale marks of scratches.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks