Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2012, 00:21   #31
BHPian

Re: 2013 Hyundai i10 spied. EDIT : Spotted in India on Page 2!

http://www.carwale.com/news/9827-fac...tch-debut.html

According to carwale this is the facelifted i10 to be launched in early 2013 that we have been seeing here in spy shots. The diesel will come only with the all new i10 to be launched in 2014.
Old 14th January 2013, 09:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

A slightly different version is being found on net now.

2013 Hyundai i10 spied. EDIT : Spotted in India on Page 2!-2014hyundaii10.jpg
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 12:53   #33
BHPian

[quote=sarathlal;3014829]A slightly different version is being found on net now.

Woww ! this looks very good. Any possibility of Hyundai advancing the release to say in another couple of months, or will it be launched only in 2014 ??
Old 31st January 2013, 09:23   #34
BANNED

Hyundai's new car - BA

Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/18263737.cms

"Hyundai Motor will be launching an all-new compact car in India to take on Maruti Suzuki's Ritz and Swift, and boost its presence in the small car space.

Codenamed BA, the new small car will come in its highly accepted fluidic design language and will be positioned between i10 and i20, as against notion that it will replace i10.

Four people close to the development told ET that the new car will co-exist with i10 in India and will be powered by a 1.1-litre diesel engine and 1.2-litre petrol engine."

So, this car's task is clear - 1) to take on Swift and Ritz, and 2) to cannibalize the i10 and i20 sales!

By the way, is this the new i10? Or an entirely new car? Or, as per the source: http://indianautosblog.com/2011/05/s...-i15-in-brazil, is it the HB (i15) from Brazil?
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Hyundai i10 spied. EDIT : Spotted in India on Page 2!-hyundai_hb_front.jpg  

2013 Hyundai i10 spied. EDIT : Spotted in India on Page 2!-hyundai_hb_front2.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 31st January 2013 at 09:36.
romeomidhun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 09:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai's new car - BA

Clearly not a good strategy by Hyundai to introduce one more small car portfolio, this will make the customers more confused if they were to make a choice. Hyundai should now be thinking of phasing out the Santro and introducing urgently the diesel i10 which IMO is sufficient to counter the Ritz. I thought i20 was launched to take up against the Swift.
Old 31st January 2013, 10:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

Diesel I10 at a time where diesel price is decontrolled is not going to be of much help. Most of i10s are sold in citys where monthly running will be low and won't justify a diesel car of this size.
Old 31st January 2013, 10:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Diesel I10 at a time where diesel price is decontrolled is not going to be of much help. Most of i10s are sold in citys where monthly running will be low and won't justify a diesel car of this size.
But a diesel automatic could work wonders. And there is no such hatch on the Indian market today - talk about creating a market here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Company will run happily as long as they are able to increase the sales of their hatch backs. The base formula for me is "consolidated sales shouldnt go down."
Exactly, trying to keep it in the family - something that has worked for Maruti over the years and continues to do so.

Last edited by Recompose : 31st January 2013 at 10:14.
Old 31st January 2013, 10:10   #38
gemi_kk

Company will run happily as long as they are able to increase the sales of their hatch backs. The base formula for me is "consolidated sales shouldnt go down."

If they launch a new model, roughly there would be an increase of 5K units per month. (from hatches portfolio).

Capturing the martket is more important rather than an working on an individual model sales say i10 or i20.

If i10 sales go down, I10 sales team will be pushed hard for more volumes. This often works and brings back additional volumes. But if Hyundai looses volumes, then gaining back would be a difficult task.

I think Hyundai is doing the correct thing as of now. Thumbs up to Hyundai.

Old 31st January 2013, 10:16   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Clearly not a good strategy by Hyundai to introduce one more small car portfolio, this will make the customers more confused if they were to make a choice. Hyundai should now be thinking of phasing out the Santro and introducing urgently the diesel i10 which IMO is sufficient to counter the Ritz.
If Maruti follows a strategy that to introduce more cars in the same segment, why can't Hyundai, or any other manufacturer? As per some saying, if you don't cannibalize your own products, the competition will do that!

But my only grouse is that this is also another fluidic design! I'm quite bored of seeing the same design patterns on all the Hyundai models, starting from Eon to Sonata. In case of Maruti, most of their designs can be easily distinguished from each other.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 31st January 2013 at 10:26.
Old 31st January 2013, 10:16   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I thought i20 was launched to take up against the Swift.
Eon and i20 were launched to take on Alto and Swift respectively, but did not fly with the customers. so thi is another attempt, I guess. But in all probability this strategy will cannibalize the i10 and i20 sales!

Cheers!
Old 31st January 2013, 11:07   #41
BHPian

The trick is that they should get the pricing right. If i20 with all its bells and whistles were to cost any lesser (read close to swift), then their sales will go up exponentially.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Eon and i20 were launched to take on Alto and Swift respectively, but did not fly with the customers. so thi is another attempt, I guess.
i20 could not make major dent in the Swift sales due to its high pricing for the so called premium features. So then how does Hyundai aim at a second attempt with the new offering? This would mean offering all the features of i20 at a reduced price which will then cannibalize the i20 sales. Why would Hyundai want to do that when i20 sales have been consistent.?

When I read the thread title I assumed Hyudai must be launching a new car in the entry level sedan segment where it has no product to offer.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:27   #43
BANNED

As per the source: Source: http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/h...chbacks-67096/, it is the next gen i10 which will be launched in between i10 and i20.

Also, as per the source: http://indianautosblog.com/2012/09/2...sting-in-india, it is the next gen i10 which is code named as 'BA'.

So, i15 from Brazil is not the one which is coming to India to take on Swift and Ritz, IMO. i15 which is bigger than i10 and cheaper than i20 would have been a better option to compete with Swift.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:28   #44
BHPian

The 1.1 Diesel looks interesting.

I think potential competitors will be Beat D and rumoured Alto D. Mileage will be an important factor in this segment, and Beat (and probably Alto) have good mileage figures, which has been a not-so-strong point of i10s and i20s. Let's see what they bring to the party.
And,any idea if its 3 or 4-cylinder unit?
Old 31st January 2013, 12:24   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Clearly not a good strategy by Hyundai to introduce one more small car portfolio, this will make the customers more confused if they were to make a choice. Hyundai should now be thinking of phasing out the Santro and introducing urgently the diesel i10 which IMO is sufficient to counter the Ritz. I thought i20 was launched to take up against the Swift.
As long as the total sales are more, it should not be a problem. Maruti has done the job well with too many options. The positive nature is once you get into a showroom, you should not bother to go into another showroom.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks