Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 14:30   #31
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Fiat Punto / Linea - Limited "Absolute Edition" Now Available

Hi friends, one of my close friends has booked Punto sports Absolute edition from Prerna Motors. I want to reconfirm again is the navigation device MapMyIndia (GPS)? in the PDF sent by the dealer says its a tablet with the below features

• 3D Maps with street & house level mapping
• 3G connectivity
• Phone functionality
• Multimedia (Mp3 / Mp4)
• Bluetooth connectivity
• Android 2.3 OS
• Superior 1 GHz processor

and regarding the other accessories like Contoured Splash Guards, Carpets, Door Sills, the dealer says its of superior quality than what dealers offer as a free goodies at the time of buying a car.

If any one knows the exact information about this offer or having a pics of the above package, please upload.
Karthik1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 14:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Yeah I think your brother should pickup the i20. Unless the buyer values driving dynamics, I believe it makes more sense to go for Hyundai i20 itself . It is better equipped with features and the refinement is simply superb, leagues ahead of the competition. Not to mention, it is a really a stonker of an engine, and 6th gear will be useful on highways. The aam admi will not care much about handling, etc.
Agree With you Bro Totally. In fact, he feels that I-20 with its "Effortless" steering, is the way forward for Automotive Industry.

I did not even bother explaining him what "Steering Feedback" means. Just asked him to go pick the I20 Sportz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post

Hi friends, one of my close friends has booked Punto sports Absolute edition from Prerna Motors. I want to reconfirm again is the navigation device MapMyIndia (GPS)?

If any one knows the exact information about this offer or having a pics of the above package, please upload.
Hey Karthik1100, first off, Congrats to your friend on this pick.

I spoke to the Concorde SE yesterday and he confirmed that this was Android Tablet which would make perfect sense if installed on Dynamic version since it comes without Bluetooth, while this Tablet will give you that. I am not sure if this is a Map My India product though.

Also, he told me that this would be placed in the Car according the Owner's Will/liking.

My Guess is, this might be on the Dash and will probably make it look totally Out of Place.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 11th September 2012 at 14:42.
Old 20th September 2012, 11:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

I would pick the Punto over i20 for its handing part and ground clearance!

FYI:

The ‘Absolute’ editions sport additional features to distinguish them from the regular versions including an android based navigation and 3G tablet with a 1.0Ghz processor called the ‘Car Pad’, contoured splash guards, ‘Absolute’ branding, door sills branded with car’s name and new carpets(beige in the linea, grey in the Punto). In addition to this the Linea also gets a reverse parking sensor and a chrome strip on the boot

http://www.carwale.com/news/9374-fia...and-punto.html

And

The Absolute edition of the Fiat Grande Punto includes grey carpets, mud flaps, ‘Punto’ branded door sills and a navigation tablet with 3G connectivity.

The Fiat Linea Absolute edition includes more freebies than its hatchback sibling in the form of reverse parking sensors, a chrome strip on the boot, absolute badges in addition to mud flaps, beige carpets, ‘Linea’ branded door sills and the 3G navigation tab.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...ditions/14167/
Old 20th September 2012, 13:15   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Took a PrtSc from the flash appearing in the FIAT website.

Looks real cool IMO. I wonder if they will offer the same as an accessory for other Punto/ Linea cars.

Also - did anyone notice - they are mentioning 'bluetooth connectivity' and not Blue&Me.

Fiat Punto / Linea - Limited "Absolute Edition" Now Available-untitled.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th September 2012 at 13:16.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 13:23   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Took a PrtSc from the flash appearing in the FIAT website.

Looks real cool IMO. I wonder if they will offer the same as an accessory for other Punto/ Linea cars.

Also - did anyone notice - they are mentioning 'bluetooth connectivity' and not Blue&Me.
Funny that the Fiat website shows the touch-screen device integrated into the dashboard. The showroom where I have booked my Punto Sports on saturday, I remember them saying that it will most likely be a separate add-on device that will come with windshield mounts like any other after market GPS systems.

With the current centre console setup, I find it hard to think of where they can fit in this accessory as a dashboard mounted one. In fact, even if you notice the dashboard picture in your screenshot, it is not that of Punto/Linea at all. The dash seems to be of some other car just shown for illustrative purpose.

Last edited by KarthikK : 20th September 2012 at 13:25.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 13:32   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Funny that the Fiat website shows the touch-screen device integrated into the dashboard. The showroom where I have booked my Punto Sports on saturday, I remember them saying that it will most likely be a separate add-on device that will come with windshield mounts like any other after market GPS systems.

With the current centre console setup, I find it hard to think of where they can fit in this accessory as a dashboard mounted one. In fact, even if you notice the dashboard picture in your screenshot, it is not that of Punto/Linea at all. The dash seems to be of some other car just shown for illustrative purpose.
It cannot be integrated in to the current dashboard unless they plan to get the Evo version dashboards just for the absolute versions.

Its stupid on FIAT's part to put integrated dashboard version picture up on their website.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 13:46   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
It cannot be integrated in to the current dashboard unless they plan to get the Evo version dashboards just for the absolute versions.

Its stupid on FIAT's part to put integrated dashboard version picture up on their website.
Stupid FIAT India website.

Here are the actual pics.
Fiat Punto / Linea - Limited "Absolute Edition" Now Available-fiatlineaabsolutedashboard.jpg

Fiat Punto / Linea - Limited "Absolute Edition" Now Available-fiatlineaabsolutecarpad.jpg
Source -
http://www.******************.com/fo...-pg-2-a-2.html

EDIT: Seems link got all ***red, but its mentioned in the pic too.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 15:03   #38
BHPian

From the above images it can be confirmed that this is indeed a MapMyIndia device. It is called the CarPad5. Here is the official link : http://www.mapmyindia.com/carpad/carpad5
The official MMI site lists the price as Rs 19,900

Last edited by SilkDrive : 20th September 2012 at 15:05.
Old 24th September 2012, 12:36   #39
gemi_kk

Could someone please provide me the link for the Actual Linea MJD official review. I have been looking for this thread from quite a long time, but couldnt locate it.

Thanks.

Old 25th September 2012, 13:18   #40
BHPian

If you want to go for Absolute edition, you need to pay half of the amount quoted for insurance in the price list. It roughly comes to 16,000/-. For regular editions insurance is free.

- Srinivas.R
Old 25th September 2012, 15:36   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Could someone please provide me the link for the Actual Linea MJD official review. I have been looking for this thread from quite a long time, but couldnt locate it.

Thanks.
There isn't one. Team-BHP did not have official reviews at the time of the MJD launch.
Old 28th September 2012, 23:14   #42

Hi,
I had booked a Linea MJD Absolute edition last week and today i got a chance to look at the Absolute Edition Kit.
The following are my comments:

1. The navigation system is the Carpad 5 from MapMyIndia.
2. The Reverse sensor is from Autocop but does have only a beeper. It does not have a digital display that tells you the distance in meter. IMO, this will be of no use where just a beep will not be sufficient.
3. The floor mats are horrible. The quality is pathetic. Did not expect this kind of mats from Fiat.
4. Other items were just ordinary and did not give a great feel from it.

I felt the over all package is just a waste of money. Even the carpad, we have better choices at that cost. I may have not opted for the Absolute edition if i had already seen this package before booking.
Old 28th September 2012, 23:43   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk_vinodkumar View Post
...I may have not opted for the Absolute edition if i had already seen this package before booking.
Get your booking changed to the variant you want! I don't think the dealer will be pushy at all since you are anyway buying a car from them [also due to the low sales]! If they are NOT willing to change your booking, threaten to cancel the booking.

You have all the rights to buy a product you choose & like! Just be sure to make the SA understand your situation. At the worst case, cancel the booking, and get the booking done at another dealer please. Cancellation charges are minute amount compared to what you are going to pay for a necessarily NOT exciting product [in your case]!

If you buy the absolute edition, you are going to curse every single day of stepping into it till you sell it. Car owning should be a pleasing experience, not a frowning one.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th September 2012 at 23:44.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 22:40   #44
gemi_kk

Quote:
Hi,

I felt the over all package is just a waste of money. Even the carpad, we have better choices at that cost. I may have not opted for the Absolute edition if i had already seen this package before booking.
Go and tell them that you are canceling the booking as the Absolute package is not a VFM and you are no more interested in their product.

dude!! believe me. They themselves will come to you with better options from which you could choose one. You are buying a FIAT, so you are privileged to the sales person. You Aint buying a japnese car

Old 3rd October 2012, 21:21   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,
I had booked a Linea MJD Absolute edition last week and today i got a chance to look at the Absolute Edition Kit.
to be quite honest, they should not be marketing it as an 'edition', since it is just a set of accessories. Now, coming to the waste of money part, I beg to differ. Even if you discount the mats and door sils as cheap, you are getting the CarPad5 and the reverse sensor. CarPad5 costs 20k in the market if bought separately, and the reverse sensor is a Fiat genuine accessory costing ~4k. You are getting both of these products for paying 14k more compared to the regular discounted price. I wonder how anyone can think this is not VFM, since you are saving 10k straightaway on market price. For someone who wants a GPS device, here is an opportunity to buy it and the reverse sensor for ~10k less.

P.S - I am myself not opting for the absolute edition, simply because I don't need a second GPS device (I'd bought one last year with the T-Jet), but this offer is a really good proposition for someone wanting to buy it at reduced cost.

Last edited by KarthikK : 3rd October 2012 at 21:24.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks