Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 11:43   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ritz AT unveiled on Maruti website

Link to ACI Test Drive Review Report of the Ritz AT:

http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...est-drive.aspx

Excerpts:

Quote:
The four-speed auto ‘box is similar to the one in the Swift Dzire and A-star, and as a daily commuter, the Ritz auto is a likeable car. It takes off eagerly from a standstill and even part-throttle responses are good. However, as you press on, there is a bit of a delay in the response and it takes time for the ’box to drop down to a suitable gear. As the transmission has only four speeds, the gear ratios are quite tall. So every time the gearbox shifts to a lower gear it is usually at a very high engine rpm and consequently the engine also becomes very noisy.

At Rs 6.19 lakh (the Ritz auto is only available in one trim – VXi ABS), it is very expensive (a whopping Rs 92,000 more than the much better equipped manual ZXi variant). Further making life difficult for Maruti is the fact that the Honda Brio is cheaper and comes with more standard features too.
Old 9th March 2013, 01:01   #77
BHPian

From this report, it appears that both i10 and Brio AT will have better driveability than Ritz. On top of that, this is pricier than both of them. Hard to see anyone going for this,other than hardcore Maruti fans.
Old 24th April 2013, 12:02   #78
BHPian

Checked with my Dealer today, the current waiting time for a Ritz Vxi AT is upto 3 months without any confirmation on the same. What the rep told me was the production for this is yet to begin commercially and hence not a single delivery has been made so far.

Keenly awaiting the launch / availability in Mumbai !
Old 24th April 2013, 12:10   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Checked with my Dealer today, the current waiting time for a Ritz Vxi AT is upto 3 months without any confirmation on the same. What the rep told me was the production for this is yet to begin commercially and hence not a single delivery has been made so far.

Keenly awaiting the launch / availability in Mumbai !
Whats it becoming with MSIL and the wait periods!! Am really surprised that after a car is formally launched, one needs to wait for that long to drive one home.
Old 27th March 2017, 08:00   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

So did anyone on TBHP get a Ritz AT ?
Looking for info on performance & FE.
Old 27th March 2017, 08:27   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
My uncle had one for about 3 years, before he got himself an S-Cross 1.3.

Performance wise, it is more than adequate for city, you'll never feel under-powered. But it did feel a bit down on performance, specially when compared to the pre-VVT Ritz ZXi.

On open stretches, the car easily gave 15kmpl mileage with AC on. In bumper to bumper traffic, he got about 10kmpl with AC. But since the car was mainly driven on highways, mileage was never an issue for him.

One thing which I would like to mention-the car was tuned in such a manner that you'll get excellent mileage if driven with a light foot(15kmpl+), but if driven aggressively, the mileage will immediately drop to below 8kmpl.

AT specific spares availability is an issue, you'll have to wait for those spares for about 10-15 days, since no workshop keeps them in ready stock.

Hope it helps!!

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 08:40   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I don't own one but have driven it for 200 kms (Highways & City Combined).

My friend had one (2014 June make), just like conventional Automatic, response at low RPMs was good with enough pep. In City speeds under 60 km/h one can drive without any effort. Torque Convertors are definitely good in this regard. The car would be in top gear as soon as you cross 50kmph.

On Highways, it struggled slightly when I floored the pedal, the gearbox downshifts and tries to find the best gear for that rpm. More then the transmission, the engine does its bit in preventing the car from feeling sluggish.

On the negative side, my friend used to get just 8-9 kmpl in City. On Highways he would get 14-15 kmpl.

Apart from Poor FE, the lack of sales made him to sell it in August 2015, which was replaced by Jazz CVT.

If you want a small Automatic, look for Celerio & Tiago, Ritz is surely not my recommended car.
Old 27th March 2017, 12:03   #83
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has stopped production of the Ritz effective Oct 2016.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ruti-ritz.html
You have many options out there within Maruti and outside of as for as an AT is concerned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks