Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2012, 15:12   #31

Re: Tata Nano Special Edition for Diwali : More goodies, same price

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
Which speakers and Head unit are they providing?
I understand they are proving Blaupunkt or JVC music system and speakers are fixed on the door.
ramsatish1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 08:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, sorry for creating this misunderstanding. The second picture was taken from Parry's ACI Show Thread which had a souped up Nano on display. Used that picture only to show the twin gloveboxes.

The probability of Tata offering this option is next to 0%.
Thank you for clarifying it GTO.

What is the logic employed by the company to offer something premium called alloy wheels without providing the bare-basic essential in the city called power steering ?

For a common man, alloy wheels is still a premium when compared to power steering. There are millions of alto's, santros in our cities which has power steering but does no have alloy wheels.
Old 24th November 2012, 15:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

We booked the Nano Special Edition about a couple of days before Diwali. We did not want immediate delivery as we were travelling.

This week asked the dealer about the delivery dates and the VIN number. The VIN number that they gave me suggested that the car was manufactures in June 2012.

Nano Special Edition was launched sometime in the first week of November. Am i right? Are they basically clearing the very old stock by putting in Alloys, Music System and Body Graphics. This is not really surprising. But i have clearly told the dealer that i am not going to accept this old vehicle.
Old 24th November 2012, 20:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
We booked the Nano Special Edition about a couple of days before Diwali. We did not want immediate delivery as we were travelling.

This week asked the dealer about the delivery dates and the VIN number. The VIN number that they gave me suggested that the car was manufactures in June 2012.

Nano Special Edition was launched sometime in the first week of November. Am i right? Are they basically clearing the very old stock by putting in Alloys, Music System and Body Graphics. This is not really surprising. But i have clearly told the dealer that i am not going to accept this old vehicle.
I have booked a Nano CX with Concorde in Chennai, I wanted the heater option, the sales person made some checks and indicated to me that this model had very less demand and the stock in factory is from Mar'12.

He was honest and confirmed that the Special Edition is from June/July'12 and production is more or less stopped due to less than expected sales.

He indicated that after the stock is cleared out the 2013 Nano might make an appearance. I have gone ahead with a July'12 manufactured vehicle without heater (am getting 25k off).
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 15:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

A colleague of mine bought Pearl white special edition Nano here in pune for OTR 2.29K.

It does not have day/night mirror.
Gloveboxes are cheap quality and fitted crudely, DO NOT GO FOR THEM AT ALL.

Speakers fitted in pockets were also poorly fitted and of not so reputed brand.

Head unit - JVC.
Pandit Auto has given very good quality mats.

Last edited by silverado : 30th December 2012 at 15:49.
Old 30th December 2012, 18:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
A colleague of mine bought Pearl white special edition Nano here in pune for OTR 2.29K.

It does not have day/night mirror.
Something is fishy here. The NANO Special Edition isbased on the NANO LX and the LX comes with a factory fitted day-night interior rear view mirror. And there has been no "de-speccing" of the LX version because one of my relatives recently, (November end 2012) bought a LX (non special edition) and she had got the day-night irvm.

One thing pricks my mind: All the kit offered on the Special Edition , that is the glovebox's , stereo, decals, alloys and footmats are essentially dealer fitments and NOT TML factory fitments. I do not know the history of the purchase of your friend but can you please check that is is indeed an LX fitted with the Special Edition kit and not a NANO CX retro-fitted with the Sp.Edition stuff.
Old 31st December 2012, 10:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

The fact that it has central locking and power windows, and the centre gear shift console, fog lamps and so many other things which come in LX, it is surely a LX version without any doubt.

But i myself was surprised to not find day/night mirror in it.
Is this the case with all new LX variants henceforth as well?
Old 31st December 2012, 13:24   #38
BHPian

• Alloy wheels
• Music System with MP3, USB, Aux-in and front door speakers
• Two glove boxes
• Body graphics

???

WOW!!!

Maruti definitely should learn a lesson or two about what a special edition actually means. Beautiful move by TATA! . Now, this is what one calls a special edition.

Last edited by MetalBuff : 31st December 2012 at 13:26.
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:04   #39
BHPian

Quote:
• Alloy wheels
• Music System with MP3, USB, Aux-in and front door speakers
• Two glove boxes
• Body graphics

???

WOW!!!

Maruti definitely should learn a lesson or two about what a special edition actually means. Beautiful move by TATA! . Now, this is what one calls a special edition.
Is central locking too a part of above list?
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Is central locking too a part of above list?
Yes. The special edition is basically the NANO LX + the extra goodies. LX does have driver door operated manual central locking. Not the remote type.
Old 17th January 2013, 17:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Yes. The special edition is basically the NANO LX + the extra goodies. LX does have driver door operated manual central locking. Not the remote type.

After TD the Nano, have booked the Special Edition. Waiting period is close to three weeks for the pearl white color. Would like to add the remote central locking feature for added security and convenience. Can anyone recommend a brand or model number to go for ?
Old 17th January 2013, 18:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Manohar View Post
After TD the Nano, have booked the Special Edition. Waiting period is close to three weeks for the pearl white color. Would like to add the remote central locking feature for added security and convenience. Can anyone recommend a brand or model number to go for ?
Why don't you get it fitted from the TML dealer itself? As far as I am aware, as part of TML Genuine Accessories, Remote Central Locking is also available. In fact, in a way, this will be better, as it will not invalidate your warranty . (Make sure you take a proper receipt from the dealer though). I am not sure of the vendor, but for Indica's AUTOCOP supplies the alarm kits, so for Nano it would be reasonably fair to assume that it will be the same.

Attaching a NANO Accessory List - this is a bit old, circa 2011 vintage, but things should not have changed much. At least you will get an idea!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nano acc list.pdf (35.4 KB, 647 views)

Last edited by arjab : 17th January 2013 at 18:10.
arjab is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2013, 13:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Why don't you get it fitted from the TML dealer itself? As far as I am aware, as part of TML Genuine Accessories, Remote Central Locking is also available. In fact, in a way, this will be better, as it will not invalidate your warranty . (Make sure you take a proper receipt from the dealer though). I am not sure of the vendor, but for Indica's AUTOCOP supplies the alarm kits, so for Nano it would be reasonably fair to assume that it will be the same.

Attaching a NANO Accessory List - this is a bit old, circa 2011 vintage, but things should not have changed much. At least you will get an idea!
Thanks a Lot, especially for the Accessories list I hadn't discussed this with them, thought of getting it done after marktet. But your right, even changing the alloys voids warranty for the suspension, that's what I hear. It would best to get them from the dealer itself.
Old 5th March 2013, 11:47   #44
Senior - BHPian

ICB have uploaded the uncamouflaged spypics of the 2013 Nano. Refer below link for images:

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/i...acelift-68359/

Here is the list if changes made in the car as per ICB:
* Chrome strip on the rear of the car to add a dash of premium-ness to the Nano’s backside
* The glove boxes atop the dashboard(first seen on the Nano Special Edition) now become standard
* The facelifted Nano also gets dual speakers that are integrated into the dashboard of the car
* Honeycomb grille above the rear bumper of the car
* Integrated stereo in the dashboard
Old 18th May 2013, 23:30   #45
BHPian

Went for a test drive and booked the Tata Nano Special Edition. Overall a decent package, the rims did not impress me at all but yeah they do add some spark to the overall look of the Nano.

I checked the VIN and re-checked with the executive at Concorde Motors, Chennai; manufactured in November 2012. Compared my Test drive experience to the Nano's 2009/10 Model. One word, Amazing handling between 40 and 60 kmph. Also, Me nor my wife felt the necessity for a power steering to be added. In fact, we'd be terrified to turn the car around corners if power steering would have been present. Improved and stiffer suspension does justice to the overall drivability of the Nano. It is as drive-able as the Mazda MX5 I have to add; although trim and lower ride-height helps the MX5.

There are a lot of smaller updates in the 2012 edition. The rod obstructing passengers in the back seat has been eliminated. Well its been moved up-higher and I have to add; the space in the back seat is now phenomenal. The glove boxes could have been designed with better locking mechanism. Fabric seats are much better than I envisioned; the fabric and seating support is perfect for an hour or two's drive.

Overall, a Happy Visit. Kept smiling at the Nano on display Looking forward to driving it home on the 29th of May!
proxax is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks