Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2018, 19:05   #2446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I thought they had stopped all FIAT production last year itself as its very clear that for FCA its only Jeep and nothing else matters.

FCA have been giving Fiat the step mother treatment from a long time and it was no surprise that they had dug the gave as well.

In a Fiat whatsapp group someone had shared that fiats have started manufacturing some Punto's and Lineas (diesel) in 2018 and have them in stock. While they are around 15-16 Avventura/UC powered by abarth (2016 manufactured) that are also up for grabs.
Old 7th March 2018, 22:05   #2447
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
In a Fiat whatsapp group someone had shared that fiats have started manufacturing some Punto's and Lineas (diesel) in 2018
May be the last batch my source was referring too. This happened with Abarth, what we thought was the commencement of production was actually the last batch produced.

Last edited by Moto_Hill : 7th March 2018 at 22:07.
Old 8th March 2018, 17:39   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
In a Fiat whatsapp group someone had shared that fiats have started manufacturing some Punto's and Lineas (diesel) in 2018 and have them in stock.
I wont be surprised if Fiat launches Linea Pure and Punto Limited edition with some crazy stickers just to clear the stock.

I wonder if the UC and Avventura's are available at a discounted price or at a dealership price, could be an awesome grab as with that Abarth engine, it would make a best beater car
Old 10th March 2018, 21:18   #2449
BHPian

Fiat's India strategy revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post

I wonder if the UC and Avventura's are available at a discounted price or at a dealership price, could be an awesome grab as with that Abarth engine, it would make a best beater car

Most likely there will be fat discounts in the abarth variants. Don't know if it's a beater car, given its drinking habits but it would really well make a great weekend car
Old 10th March 2018, 23:22   #2450
Senior - BHPian

I for one can never understand Fiat’s strategy. In 2010, I was in the market for a new car, went to the Fiat showroom. They had a test drive car but no fuel. They also didn’t seem to want to sell. So I walked out. In 2018, I was again looking for a new car. They sms’d me about some discounts on their punto and linea. I called and tried fixing an appointment for a test drive. Been 2 months now no TD. I know I’m never buying a Fiat in India.
Lalvaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 08:24   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
I for one can never understand Fiat’s strategy. In 2010, I was in the market for a new car, went to the Fiat showroom. They had a test drive car but no fuel. They also didn’t seem to want to sell. So I walked out. In 2018, I was again looking for a new car. They sms’d me about some discounts on their punto and linea. I called and tried fixing an appointment for a test drive. Been 2 months now no TD. I know I’m never buying a Fiat in India.

It makes no sense to buy a Fiat now. Given their strategy and no product pipeline for India it wouldn't make sense to put money on a decade old product which would hurt you financially.
Old 25th March 2018, 08:01   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
It makes no sense to buy a Fiat now. Given their strategy and no product pipeline for India it wouldn't make sense to put money on a decade old product which would hurt you financially.

I guess your experience is also linked to the dealer. Fiat is slow but they still have great products. I was talking to someone here about Abarth Punto and was told that it is now a made to order product.

Newer products may show up in a couple of years time.These newer products may also include the proposed Renegade. Looks like they will aggressively sell only Compass in the next 18 months. Everything else you have to buy... they may not sell you.

Regards
Bharath
Old 25th March 2018, 08:58   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post

I have similar sentiments. Being an ex-owner of a Linea, I was eager to go back in to the Fiat's fold with the Abarth Punto or the UC Abarth. But the products are old and except for the dynamics and the delectable engine there is nothing else going for them.
Old 25th March 2018, 17:54   #2454
Senior - BHPian

I think Fiat India's new strategy has been revealed in some of the other threads already. It is to make money by selling the 2.0L diesel engine currently doing duty in the Compass to other manufacturers like Maruti, Tata and MG.
Old 27th March 2018, 17:57   #2455
Distinguished - BHPian

FIAT brand is facing challenging times globally, so do not be surprised if they no longer offer products for India, post 2020

In Europe the brand seem no growth potential and pattern is same except in Brazil. With only a few launches and a low C/SUV portfolio there seem no recovery path drawn.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiat2.jpg

Quote:
Therefore it is not surprising to hear the latest statements from Sergio Marchionne. In Europe the brand is not what it used to be, and Brazil is the only remaining market where it has a potential. So what to do with it? It is hard to revert this trend because Fiat doesn’t have a good reputation in Europe. It is true that VW Group arrived late to the SUV party, but it has an excellent rate among the European buyers.

Name:  fiat1.png
Views: 6887
Size:  18.3 KB

Based on this complicated situation, Fiat could focus its efforts on doing what it does the best: iconic cars.

Quote:
Last but not least, the immediate future of Fiat is extremely vulnerable and nothing is granted, especially now when Marchionne is about to leave the company within the next 24 months. Anything can happen.
Source:
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 17:24   #2456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
I guess your experience is also linked to the dealer. Fiat is slow but they still have great products. I was talking to someone here about Abarth Punto and was told that it is now a made to order product.
Hey Bharath,

They definitely have great products and as I was interested in buying a hot hatch i.e. Abarth Punto I contacted them and all I could get was a test drive, even that after 2-3 calls and mails . The car is easily the best driving hatch IMO on sale but the dealers don't really seem interested in making sales. There's varying information from the salesman to the sales manager lol ! They tried to steer me towards Jeep instead of offering any info . Could you please elaborate how exactly a made to order car is produced? Also would you (or anyone who reads this) happen to know the mail ID for anyone higher up in Fiat's management?

Cheers,
Balaji
Old 2nd April 2018, 17:38   #2457
BHPian

Hello Balaji,

When i mentioned 'Made to Order' what i wanted to mean was that you place an order by paying an advance and then they actually begin the process of manufacturing or the sale itself if a ready car is available. This could take anywhere from a week to maybe a month if the assembly line is available for the fiats.They will not sell it to you any more but you will have to buy it.

Yes they are all for jeeps and they will sell you that.That is doing GREAT in terms of sales and profits(???). It is a typical sales man mindset on display.

Sorry buddy I do not have any contact with Fiat but i doubt how it will benefit you in any way.

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 10:17   #2458
BHPian

Hi,

I had visited the Sky Moto Fiat showroom Pune, this past weekend.

They have following in stock

Avventura Abarth - 1 Nos
Urban Cross Abarth - 3 Nos ( White Color was on Display)
Linea 125S - 1 Nos

All are 2016 make.
Discounts on all of them is around a lakh, they are not offering anymore.

Salesman stated that Abarth production has stopped and it is not available anymore, only Urban Cross Abarth is available from old stocks and new ones maybe produced.

@diffuser - I would suggest if you really want one, why don't you come to Pune and pick one up.

Thanks.
Old 3rd April 2018, 22:07   #2459
Senior - BHPian

Fiat's India strategy revealed

I think Fiat sort of saved themselves by buying out Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge! Fiat as a company seem to no longer offer exciting products even in Europe. Their last biggest hit seems to be the 500 and its derivatives! Post that they do not seem to have anything in the pipeline. With all markets shifting towards compact SUVs, having Jeep in their portfolio is their singe biggest advantage today! Like in India, my view is that they will leverage the Jeep brand and heritage in to selling compact cross overs and SUVs.

As a brand Fiat may be very difficult to revive, not just in India.
Old 3rd April 2018, 22:30   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I think Fiat sort of saved themselves by buying out Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge! Fiat as a company seem to no longer offer exciting products even in Europe. Their last biggest hit seems to be the 500 and its derivatives! Post that they do not seem to have anything in the pipeline. With all markets shifting towards compact SUVs, having Jeep in their portfolio is their singe biggest advantage today! Like in India, my view is that they will leverage the Jeep brand and heritage in to selling compact cross overs and SUVs.

As a brand Fiat may be very difficult to revive, not just in India.
I believe the Alfa Romeos are still doing well. They came out with newer version of the same in the recent past. I believe some bollywood star also purchased the newer Alfa Romeo 😊

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks