Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2013, 12:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Came across the ICB pictures on the web showing the Tata Nano 2013 being tested.
Source: http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/i...acelift-68359/

Probed further and got to know from a reliable source that the following changes will be seen in the Tata Nano 2013:

1) Roof mounted antenna (front)
2) Front bonnet chrome lip
3) Rear Tailgate chrome lip
4) Rear skirting below bumper (to cover the "nanga-type" look which you see when following a Nano)
5) Rear bumper with additional ventilation
6) Front bumper, or rather, the lower part of the front bumper will have a grille behind it to prevent stones etc from hitting the A/C condenser
7) Glovebox on both sides
8) Front speakers - dash integrated - on both sides
9) Integrated stereo with all media inputs provision
10) Rear parcel shelf with rear speaker provision
11) Covered Rear "C" - pillars on the inside - no more bare metal
12) Vanity mirror on LHS sunvisor . The fair ladies should be happy
13) Redesigned console with a bigger storage area in front of gearlever.
14) Underseat storage trays a la Vista (still being debated apparently)
15) Bigger , stronger horn
16) Hazard light switch moves to centre console above a/c vents from steering column
17) Remote central locking availability
18) New Colours

Till now no change in prices, if at all prices are changed , will be a very minor revision.

Electric power steering and front disc brakes for 2014 maybe, with the diesel??

on the whole, a step in the right direction !

The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!-2013tatananohatchbackfaceliftspyshot1.jpg

The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!-2013tatananohatchbackfaceliftspyshot2.jpg

The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!-2013tatananohatchbackfaceliftspyshot3.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2013 at 13:18. Reason: Pics
arjab is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 12:18   #2
BHPian

re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2013 at 13:16.
scuderiamania is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th March 2013, 13:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Came across the ICB pictures on the web showing the Tata Nano 2013 being tested.
Source: http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/i...acelift-68359/

Probed further and got to know from a reliable source that the following changes will be seen in the Tata Nano 2013:
on the whole, a step in the right direction !
A step in the right direction definitely but the following changes would have made the update complete.
  • The rear hatch made open-able.
  • Optional power steering.
  • Silent engine.
OTOH, I like the placement of speakers on the dash and the integrated music system.
Old 5th March 2013, 17:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

There is one more variant of the dashboard.
Rear fog lamp has been discontinued in Lx version now.
Rear skirting was already present, but it has been blackened alongwith the rear grille.
Old 5th March 2013, 17:19   #5
BHPian

Power steering. Please.

I don't think it will actually make too much of a difference to the driving effort of a Nano, but more than the other changes added here, I think power steering would have gone a longer way in making Nano feel and talked about like a proper car (which it is).

As in they have gotten all the other accouterments of a modern car in place - ac, power windows, side mirrors, integrated stereo etc. Just add the power steering. Then the only diff between the lower end alto etc and nano would be boot space, and for people who use only the front seats, that is not a concern.

Last edited by manolin : 5th March 2013 at 17:21.
Old 5th March 2013, 17:36   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
A step in the right direction definitely but the following changes would have made the update complete.[*]The rear hatch made open-able.
Given the current cost of the car which is certainly not 1 lac, I think that the rear hatch should definitely be open-able. Will be a strong step in making the car practical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
[*]Silent engine.
Asking too much??

Regards.
Old 5th March 2013, 18:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

In all probability, the first batch of Nanos may never get any decent resale value for sure. If someone has a domestic help who does all the grocery shopping as part of his job, Nano could be a well deserved gift to him. Sadly I dont have someone, so it might remain with us forever even after the upcoming upgrades
Old 5th March 2013, 18:18   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
In all probability, the first batch of Nanos may never get any decent resale value for sure. If someone has a domestic help who does all the grocery shopping as part of his job, Nano could be a well deserved gift to him. Sadly I dont have someone, so it might remain with us forever even after the upcoming upgrades
That's a point that only a 1st gen. owner of Nano can come out with!
But seriously, after all these upgrades & refinements, will there be any takers for the older Nanos is a grave concern. May be it's the time to exchange with another Tata Vehicle & claim some loyalty bonus?
Old 5th March 2013, 18:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
....May be it's the time to exchange with another Tata Vehicle & claim some loyalty bonus?
Very true, but I will never buy another Tata for sure. It was my first & last. Even if they take it for exchange, it may hardly value the bumper of a Safari
Old 5th March 2013, 19:32   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see that they are trying to make the Nano more desirable. The basic things like a left ORVM, Gloveboxes, vanity lights would go a long way in making the Nano feel like a regular car and not just a cheap 1L rupee poor man's car. Still needs to be seen how long does Tata take to come out with that diesel Nano, something that the competition lacks at present. That can really breath life into the product.
Old 5th March 2013, 19:32   #11
BHPian

All this is fine. But when? Shouldn't they be rolling out their diesel variant already?

And regarding the Power Steering. Come on TATA! Launch a ZX variant if you will and give us power steering. Or at least give it as an option for additional XX amount for LX model.
Old 5th March 2013, 20:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Why do you ever need a power steering on a nano ? Having owned and driven various brands & makes, I feel its more like driving a toy car and there is absolutely no requirement of a power steering ! If they ever add one to it, it can only add up the cost than a feature !
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 20:20   #13
BHPian

Wish Tata could charge a minor amount more and put a better quality muffler. Existing one sounds worse than all of Tata's diesel tuk-tuks (Ace, magic etc)

Or is that a 2 cylinder petrol engine gives out such a soar throat sound?
Old 5th March 2013, 20:45   #14
BHPian

Nice to see tata coming up with changes. Liked the speakers on the front dash, looks upmarket. Opening boot is very high in the wish-list of all the customers.

Isn't it about time we see a diesel variant of the nano?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Why do you ever need a power steering on a nano ? Having owned and driven various brands & makes, I feel its more like driving a toy car and there is absolutely no requirement of a power steering ! If they ever add one to it, it can only add up the cost than a feature !
I have driven a nano and as compared with some of the other cars, i feel that the only requirement of the power steering is while parking the car. During those tight spot parkings where you need to steer more than a couple of times, it gets a bit tiresome. Power steering would have helped.
At regular driving speeds, no complaints.
Old 5th March 2013, 21:11   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

guys,
You are claiming about a diesel variant of nano but i am not sure if the puny body can handle a diesel powerplant? Looks little too ambitious to me, however informed members can enlighten on this matter. However, what I know is that,if it's to be done, then time is right now...and is running out fast for TML. Got to have at least an early entry advantage in this segment.
However, i reiterate again, for a car that now costs well over 2 lacs, the buyers now deserve an openable boot. more like a regular car.
Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 5th March 2013 at 21:16.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks