Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 18:02   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted

Too early to comment on the design. Hope Mahindra does well with it. My guess is they might slot it above Quanto. For that they could make the interiors a bit more premium, restrict it to 5 seats (for product differentiation) & load it with features!! Then this could be worth it. The lighter weight will make it peppier too.

Hope Mahindra does something to get the top end performance better as well.

And I dis-agree with people who says Quanto sales are dismal; in fact it's in line with the company's expectation. That matters more than the mere sales numbers I believe.
Old 13th March 2013, 22:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Seems like Inspired by SsangYong Korando. M&M surely is firing all guns, They know their strength is SUV/MUV and they are giving us just that.

That 1.5 ltr Engine surely rocks. It is returning great drivability and excellent mileage figures for a 2 ton beast. It will surely return better punch on a lighter vehicle or a future M&M cars.

Looking forward to seeing this in flesh soon !! But i thought next in line is going to be a new Scorpio. So this looks like a 2015 launch !!
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 23:07   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I agree with you. You can buy a sedan for sure but if you see the trend for last 3-4 years,people are preferring big SUVish cars over sedan. See the sales numbers of XUV, Duster, Innova, T-Fort, etc. People now want big looks with big space. Also it handles better on bad roads. If you get the same under 4 meters, then why not buy it? Ecosport is already in talks & eagerly waited because of these points only.
The thing you are not considering here is that all those vehicles are proper looking SUVs/MUVs. Cars like this one are to compete with a hatchback. I feel driving wise it might be something like the WagonR, infact fear it would be much worse. A short car with a high centre of gravity. Plus the zeal to keep it sub 4 meter would not offer you that much extra space compared to the premium hatches. The other fear I have is that it might end up like Nano being labelled as the cheapest/Odd looking SUV.

The thing about the XUV500 selling like hot cakes is not because its from M&M but because the vehicle ticks the boxes for most of the people. Its loaded to the grills, looks muscular and was launched in a segment which has little competition even today. Also the introductory price made it a killer deal.
So this car might fail to fulfill many of those criterions. Anything before something more concrete comes up its useless to discuss it.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 09:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
All the above points are valid. But all of the above except one are fulfilled by a sedan. Hence as i mentioned in my original post - SUV looks seems to be the only major fit for folks looking to buying this.

Anyway no point arguing on it. We will wait and see the results whenever it is launched. I rest my case.
I think we are missing the biggest differentiating factor - ability to handle bad roads.

This is what differentiates a small SUV from a premium hatch or an entry level sedan.

I am optimistic about this product and believe that many people would like a buy a small monocoque SUV if priced competitively with premium hatchbacks and entry level sedans.

Rohan
Old 18th March 2013, 13:37   #20
BHPian

As long as we don't get our act right with respect to our roads SUVs/MUVs will sell in large numbers. The other feel factor when you drive on our roads is the pollution ( noise and air ), SUVs/MUVs sort of isulate you from this when compared to a hatchback or a sedan. "Road presence" as viewed by other vehicle drivers when seen on their rear view mirrors is a big bonus and also make these vehicles easier to negotiate in city traffic.
Old 18th March 2013, 14:18   #21
BHPian

I think this is Mahindra's e2o, its launched today.
http://www.mahindrae2o.com/

Last edited by 2500cc : 18th March 2013 at 14:20.
Old 18th March 2013, 22:15   #22
BHPian

Mahindra's mini SUV ? That's ridiculous ! Going throug the pictures... I say this will be a hatchback. Remember that Mahindra does not have a single Hatchback in it's range. Mahindra in hatchback segment will be like icing on the cake.The Verito CS is a sub 4 metre version of the Verito,So you can't count it as a hatch. More products,more options means that the guy who will support the whole automotive industry is treated well i.e The CUSTOMER !.

Cheers,

Achyuth

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 18th March 2013 at 22:20.
Old 29th March 2013, 13:09   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this as a mailer from ACI. I hope it's ok to post it as it is! The rendering looks quite nice & decent to me. If this is how the compact SUV is going to look like, it's a WIN!

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-autocar_mar2013_nos.jpg

Edit:: People who subscribe to ACI, request you to post any additional details they may have in the print version.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th March 2013 at 13:11.
swiftnfurious is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 13:13   #24
BHPian

Saw this from the autocar magazine advert. Is the the XUV300 ??

Looks similar to the Big Bro XUV500 with a cut out 3rd row. A neat job than the Quanto

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-xuv300.jpg
acatgain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 13:19   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the interior shots in the series of pictures in ACI clearly shows dash mounted gear shift lever and a 3 seater bench in the first row, so there is high possibly of a six seater variant.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 13:20   #26
BHPian

Looks awesome! Where were these designers when Mahindra was working on the Quanto?
veyron_head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 13:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
One of the interior shots in the series of pictures in ACI clearly shows dash mounted gear shift lever and a 3 seater bench in the first row, so there is high possibly of a six seater variant.
Could you upload those pics form the magazine. Waiting..
Old 29th March 2013, 13:37   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acatgain View Post
Could you upload those pics form the magazine. Waiting..
If i scan and post pages from the magazine here, i feel it will be unethical and a violation of copyright. Better buy this month's copy of ACI from newsstand.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 13:39   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
If i scan and post pages from the magazine here, i feel it will be unethical and a violation of copyright. Better buy this month's copy of ACI from newsstand.
Thank you for reminding that. Even i got that thought after i posted. It would be a clear violation of Copyright !!
Old 29th March 2013, 14:00   #30
BHPian

If this is how the mini XUV looks, it is really elegant and neat. Good that M&M didn't carry over the cheetah theme. Personally, like the looks of this over XUV 500!
Selective is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks