Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2006, 18:21   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu
Are you sure about the ZX VTEC? I own a ZX GXi and I am pretty sure there are 2 lamps and both work! BTW, the bashing is not for the reverse lamp friend!
OT: dead-sure about the ZX VTEC - there is only one reverse-light - the other is for the rear fog-lamp only on the VTEC

btw - does it really matter as long as a single rear-lamp is able to light up the objects in the rear
Old 30th May 2006, 18:37   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu
BTW, the bashing is not for the reverse lamp friend!
I know what the bashing is for but looking at the number of remarks on the single reverse lamp, I wanted to point the other manufacturers out as well in addition to clarifying the rule.
Old 30th May 2006, 18:38   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV
Companies are getting Scared of Public No doubt ....

But with TATA's its a totally different Story.... If you end up writing or voicing your concern's all TATA will Say is "YOU GO YOUR WAY I GO MINE . Now that the deal is Done ... Its your Headache ... " And they will most likely drive you the Legal Way by keeping mum about the whole thing nd then try to Prove you worng even if their product was faulty .....
The more public a company's image and records, the more under the scanner it comes, and the more it bothers about its market perception. Look, this is a listed company, and while a large share of its income is from trucks, Tata looks at itself as a serious contender in the Indian car market as well.
And if you were the chairman of the company presenting the annual report before the shareholders, you would not be too keen on discussing barbed topics regarding depletion of shareholder wealth because of poor quality products.
Old 30th May 2006, 18:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
btw - does it really matter as long as a single rear-lamp is able to light up the objects in the rear
OT: Long time no hear, where have you been?

Would you accept the same logic for a headlamp then if it lit up the front adequately......... , just kidding!
Old 30th May 2006, 19:01   #50
BHPian

I dont own a TATA (thankfully n wil never will), once been to tata showroom (manipal motors) to get the catalogue for palio 1.6 sport, and i was put off from their attitude, no body is there to help u, u call them, they ask u to sit and again nobody approaches u, u demand for a catalogue, they dint had it on the day, asked them to call me, nobody takes the number down, asked them to email the same......still waiting for the mail from them, its been more than 1.5 months i have been there

go to a maruti or honda...they treat u like god.....

tata its high time u learn wht is customer service....
Old 30th May 2006, 20:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Rudra, while I agree that the PDI may not have been done properly and your colleague may not really be enjoying the new car, my objective was to help solve the problem.
It is known fact that Tata Dealers do not have any such thing as PDI ( Pre-delivery Inspection ). The actual PDI is done at the time of first Service. And to think that you are charged an amount of Rs 5000+ for PDI, which is shown as Misc. Service Charges in the Invoice. My car had to visit the W/S the very next day for 4 consecutive days just to have the PDI done. I am sure that there are 100s more, if not 1000s of such Tata Customers who are in the same boat.

Dada, My heart felt condolence for your friend's so called new car. I shall pray that the almighty gives enough strength to bear with the Tatas. You have no idea how indifferent those guys can get. As a fellow Tata car user I can only sympathise with him and curse my LUCK.

So long....
Old 30th May 2006, 23:40   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
It is known fact that Tata Dealers do not have any such thing as PDI ( Pre-delivery Inspection ). The actual PDI is done at the time of first Service. And to think that you are charged an amount of Rs 5000+ for PDI, which is shown as Misc. Service Charges in the Invoice. My car had to visit the W/S the very next day for 4 consecutive days just to have the PDI done. I am sure that there are 100s more, if not 1000s of such Tata Customers who are in the same boat.

Dada, My heart felt condolence for your friend's so called new car. I shall pray that the almighty gives enough strength to bear with the Tatas. You have no idea how indifferent those guys can get. As a fellow Tata car user I can only sympathise with him and curse my LUCK.

So long....
Tata has PDI. Its called test drive. You walk into a tata showroom, ask for a test drive. They will give you the car which is going to delivery tomorrow. So you can rip it for all you care, drive as you want, go on a 50km test drive(i did). They just have the odo cable disconnected. So if it does not fall apart during the test drives, its okay to go to the customer
Old 31st May 2006, 02:59   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Tata has PDI. Its called test drive. You walk into a tata showroom, ask for a test drive. They will give you the car which is going to delivery tomorrow. So you can rip it for all you care, drive as you want, go on a 50km test drive(i did). They just have the odo cable disconnected. So if it does not fall apart during the test drives, its okay to go to the customer
So TSK sir what about ur car? Any problems with it just after delivery. Especially cos of a loving PDI by ur dealer!! ;-)

Last edited by Fuelled : 31st May 2006 at 03:08.
Old 31st May 2006, 03:07   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled
So TSK sir what about ur car? Any problems with it just after delivery.
I bought mine, the new improved V2 version in mid 2002.
Am waiting for the Koreans to give me a nice 6-7L crdi in sept(Around that time I will return to india too). So if my trusty old indica holds good as it has been doing so(compred to some other samples), I will delay my purchase to 2007.

Coming back to the current one, its been really really well behaved except for some Alternator and AC bearing troubles and a semi nasty accident(The thick body prevented any damage from going beyond the radiator).
Old 31st May 2006, 09:17   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg
There is no easy solution to such dealer- manufacturer issues. You have to raise a hue and cry... write to the dealer, to the manufacturer, generally to higher up's and perhaps to the local newspapers as well. But then when someone who gets a car only for convenience without emotions being involved, all this becomes merely a tedious chore.
But I guess the other option is to live with it, which is not too palatable either. Which leaves only the first option.
Hi prabhuddhadg,

Probably, you haven't seen the thread " PROTEST AGAINST TATAS "

I did each and every thing you have mentioned above. I don't mind the tedium when it concerns my car, but what does one do ,when all these ways don't show results. Thats when I decided to put the facts about my car on all its sides in bold, only with the hope that Tatas would wake up from their slumber. On one such occassion my car happened to be at Vahan Yatra, and instead of the Co. coming to my rescue, we all know what they did to my car.

Like SUV said Tatas is a different Company. They are always right and can go any distance to prove the customer wrong. Nobody can second that better than me.

So long....
Old 31st May 2006, 10:06   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Hi prabhuddhadg,

Probably, you haven't seen the thread " PROTEST AGAINST TATAS "

I did each and every thing you have mentioned above. I don't mind the tedium when it concerns my car, but what does one do ,when all these ways don't show results. Thats when I decided to put the facts about my car on all its sides in bold, only with the hope that Tatas would wake up from their slumber. On one such occassion my car happened to be at Vahan Yatra, and instead of the Co. coming to my rescue, we all know what they did to my car.

Like SUV said Tatas is a different Company. They are always right and can go any distance to prove the customer wrong. Nobody can second that better than me.

So long....
Sorry I was offline. No I haven't seen your thread. Like I said, a big company may not pay heed to a single complaint here or there. And from what I see from the traffic, more Indica users are taxis than private owners; these people do not have time for authorised workshops, they would rather have their local guy do the job ASAP.
So, now you have two names of complainants, Rudra's friend and you. If you can add a dozen more, and all of you land up at the same office together, they will be forced to respond. I am a believer in the voice of the people. See what the doctors are doing all over the country.
Having said that, maybe you have tried that as well, I have not seen your thread yet. But there is strength in numbers.
However, after all this, I feel quite strange having to say all this. Its a car, a product bought from the market, and its seller is bound to service the product. And here we are discussing it like its our freedom we are asking for. Its a pity, how pathetic things can get.
Old 31st May 2006, 10:20   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Having said that, maybe you have tried that as well, I have not seen your thread yet. But there is strength in numbers.
However, after all this, I feel quite strange having to say all this. Its a car, a product bought from the market, and its seller is bound to service the product. And here we are discussing it like its our freedom we are asking for. Its a pity, how pathetic things can get.
I think you should read that thread before you comment any more...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...motors-20.html
Old 31st May 2006, 12:16   #58
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
I feel quite strange having to say all this. Its a car, a product bought from the market, and its seller is bound to service the product. And here we are discussing it like its our freedom we are asking for. Its a pity, how pathetic things can get.
Do you by any chance work for TATA or any of their Associates .......
Why do u get offended if someone is Venting their Anger or Frustration ... !!! THIS IS A FORUM AND ALL FACTS STATED BY MEMBERS ARE THEIR PERSONAL OPINION's AND EXPERIENCES ....

Last edited by SUV : 31st May 2006 at 12:21.
Old 31st May 2006, 12:22   #59
Senior - BHPian

OT: What I meant was that how can a dealer say that the newer model has one working Reverse lamp because of the latest norms ??? Or for that matter how can a company give excuse that since by norms only one is mandatory so they removed an existing one.

Hope I was clear this time.
Old 31st May 2006, 12:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV
Do you by any chance work for TATA or any of their Associates .......
Why do u get offended if someone is Venting their Anger or Frustration ... !!! THIS IS A FORUM AND ALL FACTS STATED BY MEMBERS ARE THEIR PERSONAL OPINION's AND EXPERIENCES ....
May be what prabuddhadg is trying to imply is that it is the duty of the seller to service us to the best of his abilities, without us having to fight for it. And here we are fighting with them over a car like how we have to fight for our freedom... he mustav implied that it shouldnt be so hard and hurtful! And everything about this is what he finds pathetic.

Ofcourse I can be wrong.

Godspeed.

Alok.

Last edited by ghostrider4385 : 31st May 2006 at 12:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks