Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2013, 20:32   #16
BHPian

re: Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
I am not sure -- I had an opportunity to speak to someone in Renault about the 4x4. They said that they had done some market research and apparently Indians don't see value in paying 1-2 L extra (which would be their pricing, over RXZ) for 4x4.
Yes you are completely right. Even i thought the same when i heard it first.
But on further thinking, i felt that if there is a price correction of current variants (which is pretty much obvious looking at the pricing of the Ford ES) then they could launch the 4x4 Duster at the current RXZ 110bhp pricing with some extra goodies like a nice ICE setup + full body cladding(something like the yeti) + increased ground clearance which could make it successful!
Old 27th June 2013, 20:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
I am not sure -- I had an opportunity to speak to someone in Renault about the 4x4. They said that they had done some market research and apparently Indians don't see value in paying 1-2 L extra (which would be their pricing, over RXZ) for 4x4.

In other words, there are many people who talk the talk about 4x4, but their estimate of people who would walk the walk, i.e., volumes would not justify homologation and other regulatory costs.
If the car looks like the pics in the first post, I would snap it up. One of the most gorgeous looking non-premium cars I've seen! The spare wheel would have looked better at the back though, like EcoSport, instead of at the top.

The pricing, as you say, would be an issue. But then again, with 4x4 this would be bang in the Yeti territory. And the CVT would be very desirable on this car too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Top-end Duster OTR price at 13 L is more than Safari Storme's, I'm told. Is it right? If so, then I don't understand all this craze for Duster. Duster's 85bhp engine versus 138bhp of Storme. Has anyone visited Storme lately? It is vastly improved Safari. Huuuge improvement over Safari of yesteryears. I went to see one with a friend last week and was bowled over by improvement. Just see the thickness of doors and the thud with which they close.
Still, a Tata is a Tata is a Tata.
Old 27th June 2013, 21:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
If the car looks like the pics in the first post, I would snap it up. One of the most gorgeous looking non-premium cars I've seen! The spare wheel would have looked better at the back though, like EcoSport, instead of at the top.

The pricing, as you say, would be an issue. But then again, with 4x4 this would be bang in the Yeti territory. And the CVT would be very desirable on this car too.

Still, a Tata is a Tata is a Tata.
But how many are there like you (or me)?
Yeti prices duster interiors will not sell.

He was very clear that the initial pricing was the best pricing they could give. That is why the Nissan version would be priced higher.

I inquired about UK pricing but he said that regulatory and taxation requirements are different and clammed up.

Let us see if Ecosport forces a rethink.

Else I'll go for a Storme, maybe try my luck with TML quality
Old 27th June 2013, 21:11   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Ah! The counter-strategy eh?

Good show. The vehicle looks nice and mean. I remember I had a toy car from Matchbox like this many years ago, but it was less rounded and slightly more boxy. Whatever it is, this is a nice effort by Renault.
Old 27th June 2013, 21:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Isuzu Vehicross, redux.

http://www.rocky-road.com/media/vehicross3.jpg

But that was one really capable off-roader, sadly didnt sell a lot.
Old 27th June 2013, 22:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Totally incorrect on the price part. Pls check the prices of both models online. Also pls note that the Duster top end is a 110bhp engine.

Both vehicles are from different categories. Price may not be the only driving factor otherwise Storme would have been a run away success
What different categories? Haven't you seen how Amaze has been compared to Ecosport? I didn't see you protest there. Storme is much closer to Duster than Amaze is to Ecosport. If Amaze can be compared with Ecosport then I don't see why Duster cannot be compared with Storme. If it is cross-shopping there then can't it be cross-shopping here?
Old 28th June 2013, 13:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
What different categories? Haven't you seen how Amaze has been compared to Ecosport? I didn't see you protest there.
Oh Sorry but i didnt know it was mandatory to protest ! Pls note that others can have different views from what you hold as well

Last edited by narayan : 28th June 2013 at 13:44.
Old 28th June 2013, 14:23   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Check out a render of the facelift Dacia Duster;

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-dgmqi.jpg

Source: http://forum.autohoje.com/forum-gera...uster-117.html
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 17:41   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Check out a render of the facelift Dacia Duster
This looks more like it. I am quite doubtful about the DCross concept will make it soon to production. IIRC, this was a concept made by Renault’s Brazilian design team and was on display in last year’s Sao Polo motor show.

Another thought on the said facelift. The Terrano is expected to come with some improvements and a higher price tag. If the Duster facelift drive in after that, will the price be increased again in the name of upgrades, and re-claim the big brother billing (higher price tag) back?
Old 28th June 2013, 19:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

I think this is what Nissan terrano headlamps looked like. Looks like They were planning to launch refreshed duster as nissan terrano and take us for a ride since duster is/was selling like hot cakes.

Now with Ford launch, they must be in a huddle and deciding what next ?
Old 28th June 2013, 22:00   #26
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Check out a render of the facelift Dacia Duster;
I don't think that's a reliable rendering as they have just pasted on the Sandero front end to the Duster body.Although it is based on the same platform,I doubt that Renault will put the same look on both the cars.
Also,the headlights don't seem to be similar to the ones in the spyshots we saw earlier
Old 29th June 2013, 08:53   #27
BHPian

Doesn't the render (the headlights and the bumper profile) scream like it is a Honda product? Something very close to the CRV? OR maybe its just me.
The moment you look at the rear profile and the good old Duster comes to mind.

Duster has not been in India for a very long time and if Renault is really serious about the facelift\Upgrade, wont it be unfair for the people who pledged their hard earned money without even being able to see the vehicle in skin?

Though all of this indicates a good sign for the Indian car market, but to me it looks like an overkill for a car which is already doing great numbers as of today. Though Ecosport is a real competitor, I think, Duster has its own share of fan following.

So for me, all of this seems like a mere hoax, atleast for now.
Old 29th June 2013, 10:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

A facelift is not going to help the Duster now. Not with the Ecosport pricing. The test mule caught in Spain has very minor design changes. It needs a massive overhaul - an almost entirely different looking vehicle with the Duster DNA. I can only imagine something like that rendering coming to real life and putting Renault back in the game.
Old 29th June 2013, 11:26   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Another thought on the said facelift. The Terrano is expected to come with some improvements and a higher price tag. If the Duster facelift drive in after that, will the price be increased again in the name of upgrades, and re-claim the big brother billing (higher price tag) back?
I dont see that happening as the trend in the Renault-Nissan products the 1st launched product gets the price advantage, for example ;

Nissan Sunny launched 1st so Scala was priced higher, Micra launched first so Pulse was priced higher, likewise Duster will be expected to undercut the Terrano always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Also,the headlights don't seem to be similar to the ones in the spyshots we saw earlier
What about this ?

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-renaultdusterfaceliftrender.jpg

^ Image Source: http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/2...n-spain-70911/

Last edited by karan561 : 29th June 2013 at 11:35.
Old 29th June 2013, 11:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

The Duster in the 1st post does look brutal and that alone should be enough for the Indian market. A revamped interior should however do the rest.
I think the Duster also needs new engine options. Sure dont ditch the 1.5 but bring the 2L engine from Xtrail. Even a price rise of 2L will not be criticized. It can take the XUV head on.

Nissan however should not target the ecosport. It will not have the same excise benefit and thus, never will be such Value for money. It does have the size advantage it is they it gets a powertrain advantage.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks