Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2013, 13:50   #46
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year

Karan - those look like the original horrid Dacia Duster interiors with the vertical buttons, which was updated for Renault Duster in India, and now the UK.

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-newinteriordaciaduster1e1319966169976.jpg
Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-2012daciadusterinteriorcockpit.jpg

The update is supposed to introduce the interiors we have to to the rest of Europe, who have been cribbing about their version of the interiors ever since ours launched. And from the spy shots we have been seeing online very minor face lifts to the front lights, which are really too superficial to be called a facelift imho, more like a mod.

I for one would like more dramatic changes and constant evolution, there is a certain awkwardness to the Duster, which underpins its origins as a low cost car.

A lot of the design and engineering decisions from the interiors to the exteriors were made with cost in mind. This did not anticipate the success. Now that they have it, they should reinvent the product to look much more modern and contemporary.

Last edited by raul : 9th September 2013 at 13:58.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 23:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Top-end Duster OTR price at 13 L is more than Safari Storme's, I'm told. Is it right? If so, then I don't understand all this craze for Duster.

I think the factors which work against the Storme are its massive size which make it difficult to be parked and driven in city traffic, its poor mileage (who needs 138 bhp if one drives 40-50% of the time in bumper to bumper traffic?) and the fact that one needs to accommodate 5+ passengers very rarely. The Duster and Ecosport are positioned as vehicles for the small family to be used in city more often and occasionally on highways. In fact the Ecosport calls itself an "Urban SUV" - easier to park, smooth to maneuver and most importantly fun to drive, what with its terrific ICE and powerful AC. It can't even sit 5 properly but is selling like hot cakes.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th November 2013 at 08:32. Reason: fixing quote
Old 16th November 2013, 20:59   #48
BHPian

By any chance did they remove the mirror adjustment switch from under the handbrake? That's something they should definitely do.
Old 18th November 2013, 01:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
By any chance did they remove the mirror adjustment switch from under the handbrake? That's something they should definitely do.
They are doing it in the new facelift version which is expected to hit the Indian market soon. And also fixing the other ergonomic issues as well as interiors quality. There is another thread on which the facelift spy photos etc are available.
Bluestallion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 01:43   #50
BHPian

Anyone know when this will launch?

The international face lift has a different interior compared to the spy pics on the previous page.

I hope they give it the international interior and these alloys:

http://www.rushlane.com/photos/renau...picture-5.html
Old 1st December 2013, 02:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

The updated Duster seems to be a lot more than a small facelift. With a refreshed interior and also NVH characteristics. Renault's making tall claims that it is as silent at 130kph as the current one is at 90kph.
Seems like it will be a more complete package soon. Can't wait
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 10:30   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The updated Duster seems to be a lot more than a small facelift. With a refreshed interior and also NVH characteristics. Renault's making tall claims that it is as silent at 130kph as the current one is at 90kph.
Seems like it will be a more complete package soon. Can't wait
Any idea when this new version will be launched? I have put off my purchase because of this but if this is not happening anytime soon, I might as well go and book one now.
Old 1st December 2013, 11:30   #53
Team-BHP Support

If they claim that they have gotten hold of the wind noise problem, that would be very very good. I think for long distance cruising that was big irritant at high speeds. Has there been an official press release which talks of that fact ? I remember seeing some videos which said Renault claimed they found the wind noise problem due to roof rails!
Old 1st December 2013, 22:52   #54
R.G
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Has there been an official press release which talks of that fact ?
Yes , check page 12/17

http://www.slideshare.net/indianauto...-press-release

Reading the press release , the facelift looks promising.

Hope we will get this in our shores by Feb 2014.

Source : indianautosblog
R.G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 05:59   #55
BHPian

There are tons of subtle changes. The entire interior is much improved!

I really like the new alloys, new front, new color and the new insides. I hope Renault India doesn't screw this up!

For me, I will now have to chose between a 2014 City or this refreshed Duster. While two completely different cars, they will be the only diesel offerings in the 12 lac segment. So far, I'm leaning towards the top of the line Duster.
Old 3rd December 2013, 07:47   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault reveals Duster facelift, India launch in early 2014

Renault and Nissan will take no chance to upstage the Ecosport and the sales figures are testimony to that. With the facelifted Duster it looks even more better for the duo. Unlike Ford, Nissan-Renault seem serious in the Indian Market!

Quote:
The refreshed Duster comes with cosmetic updates that Renault hopes will attract further attention to its product in a highly competitive crossover segment. The front fascia gets the dual-tone chrome grille, unlike the Dacia version which had the honeycomb grille. Other additions include new headlamps with double-optic units and DRLs, roof-rails, chromed exhaust, new scuff plate and revised taillamp. The roof rails have Duster logos, and the 16-inch alloys are of a ‘Dark Metal’ shade. There is also a new body color Comete Grey.The exhaust now comes with a chrome tip.
http://overdrive.in/news/renault-rev...in-early-2014/

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd December 2013 at 08:00.
Old 3rd December 2013, 07:54   #57
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope they up their game further with the 4WD option. Since the market may be limited, they should offer 4WD only on a booking confirmation, with a predetermined delivery schedule (say 2-3 months from booking). It should be basically possible to divert an export 4WD to a confirmed Indian booking. I am sure genuine 4WD enthusiasts will wait for delivery.

Cheers

KPS
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:14   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Renault Duster Facelift slated to make its way into India and expected to go on display at 2014 Auto Expo.

Quote:
Sporting a new honeycomb grille in dual tones, restyled headlamps with double optic units and DRLs, new roof rails, revised tail lamps and chrome tipped exhaust pipes on the exterior, interiors are much the same as that of the regular model though with a new instrument cluster, steering integrated controls and new center console.
Quote:
Renault has also added features such as Cruise Control with Speed Limiter, Rear Park Assist, Electronic Stability Control and Dual Front Airbags to the new Duster. Engine configurations however remain similar with a 1.5 liter K9K engine offering options of 85 ps and 110ps and a 1.6 liter petrol engine.
Quote:
In addition, the new Duster could also get a 1.2 liter TCe turbocharged petrol engine mated to a 6 speed manual transmission

http://www.rushlane.com/2014-renault...s-1297518.html
Old 3rd December 2013, 13:47   #59
BHPian

At the 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show, Romanian car maker Dacia took the sheets off the new updated Duster.

The refreshed Duster comes with cosmetic updates that Renault hopes will attract further attention to its product in a highly competitive crossover segment.

The front fascia gets the dual-tone chrome grille.

Other additions include new headlamps with double-optic units and DRLs, roof-rails, chromed exhaust, new scuff plate and revised taillamp.

On the inside, the updated model looks vastly similar to the present model. A revised instrument cluster, steering mounted controls instead of one behind the wheel and a new centre console with an updated infotainment system are the visible changes.

The roof rails have Duster logos, and the 16-inch alloys are of a Dark Metal shade.

There is also a new body color Comete Grey.

The exhaust now comes with a chrome tip.

Additional features include cruise control and speed limiter, rear park assist, Electronic Stability Control and standard dual front airbags.

The Duster continues to retain its mechanicals. Power comes from either a 1.5-litre K9K engine tuned to offer 85PS or 110PS or a 1.6-litre petrol motor.
The new Duster is scheduled to be launched in the India early next year.

Renault may look at bringing in the updated Duster to India at the Auto Expo 2014 and announce plans of sale thereafter.

And some pictures...

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-1renaultduster031213.jpg

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-2renaultduster031213.jpg

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-3renaultduster031213.jpg

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-4renaultduster031213.jpg

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-5renaultduster031213.jpg

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-6renaultduster031213.jpg

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-7renaultduster031213.jpg

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-8renaultduster031213.jpg

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-10renaultduster031213.jpg

Rumour: Renault Duster to get extensive Facelift this year-main1renaultduster03121.jpg
Old 3rd December 2013, 20:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetsng View Post
At the 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show, Romanian car maker Dacia took the sheets off the new updated Duster.
]
I called up the Renault Showroom today to check if they would be accepting bookings for the new Duster anytime soon. Was shocked to find out that they are expecting a launch later in 2014, maybe around September and with an additional price tag of INR 1 lakh.

Just hope that this was a case of insufficient knowledge and that SA was trying to make a sale in 2013 itself.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks