Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2013, 22:39   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post

IMHO, the attitude of Indian car/two wheelers is a major dampener when it comes to recalls. If you've noticed, the Nano's starter motor recall was made to sound as if Tata Motors is doing a favour to car buyers. The same was the case with the Mahindra XUV500 and the Bajaj Pulsar 220. Most Indian car and two wheeler makers avoid the term recall and use terms such as "performance improvement measures", etc, which is plain ridiculous. Ford, being a global car maker of certain repute, takes a more mature approach when it comes to recalling cars. Hence, the appreciation for the transparency and quick action.

Cheers,

Jay
I think XUV500 termed it as a recall
Old 29th July 2013, 22:52   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post

BTW,The Nano does have a obd II port,I've checked the functioning myself. Regarding the dtc checking,it is a standard job before and after a major service.In above cases,a DTC would normally enter incase the service people left the ignition on when they replaced the wiring harness or they did not connect some wiring connector properly or that the new wiring itself is malfunctioning.It (OBD II) isn't a very exclusive technology for Ford to have and Tata to not.

Regarding the reason behind the ecosport recalls,does anyone think that the GCU would short circuit incase of moisture entry causing a fire?
GCU in modern DI diesel is not a starting aid like it used to be on the early IDI diesels where we heat the engine with a glow plug before cranking
In modern DI diesels glow plugs are used to reduce cold start emissions.
Do I sense a "Tavera" here?
Old 30th July 2013, 08:56   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
Off topic:: On the OBD-II Port.

As per what I recollect, having or not having the OBD-II port is not a choice. It's a regulation to comply with.
Isn't it?
Only for the BS4 legislated cities it is mandatory.But manufacturers keep the port on their BSIII variants anyway,which may or may not support reading using an off the shelf OBD scan tool.But definitely any ECU controlled engine would have a port or method to read the errors or dtc at authorised workshops.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:45   #94
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Diesel : Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
SO when Ford does it its professional and when Tata does it its engineering fault.
=======
Doesn't matter what and how, the car makers should offer same brands at comparable price in India. Recalling is a good thing, but it should not happen.
totally agree with you sumannandy. But the point regarding having to pay almost double may partly be due to the tax structure.
Does anyone have an estimate regarding the tax structure on cars in US v/s India and can enlighten us?
Old 31st May 2016, 14:07   #95
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Diesel : Recall

After 45,000 kms of niggle-free driving that included a trip to Ladakh and several highway runs, I have received the latest recall notice by Ford citing faulty clips on fuel and brake lines.

Anyone else here who has got this notice? How severe is the issue?

Regards,
Saurabh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks