Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2015, 21:20   #136
BHPian

Re: India bound 2015 Ford Endeavour spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
I think it is going to be called EVEREST like its foreign counterpart.
Most auto companies wont kill a name that easily. My bet is that it would be continued as the Endeavour for India.
Old 4th February 2015, 18:49   #137
D4D
BHPian

re: The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India

I honestly don't like the way it looks.
Never understood why it never sold well in India. Can anyone tell me?

The Engine and gearbox combo look good. If priced well, this one can surely give fortuner some competition.

Wondering whether the Ecoboost will be launched in India?
Old 9th February 2015, 00:03   #138
BHPian

Way back in 2004, when I saw the original Endeavour, the little school kid that I was, was awed by the humongous 5 metre long proportion..the typical butch American SUV feel to it and that it stood out from its boring looking competitors such as the confused and gawky looking Grand Vitara XL-7 or the dated Hyundai Terracan. (Though the Tucson was well ahead of its time but that's another story)

Somehow this looks lost in the slew of SUVs now, no doubt it looks well proportioned and has some very interesting styling elements but doesn't have 'that BIG' feel anymore. However it should sell well as it is a good replacement to the erstwhile Endeavour and should be able to retain customers if not eat the pie from the Fortuner.

Last edited by ciddharth : 9th February 2015 at 00:05.
Old 17th February 2015, 07:05   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Some off road session of the Endeavour in Australia. I could notice few goodies like 6 front parking sensors, DRL's, sunroof, headlamp washer, reverse camera. Hope these will make it.

Source - IAB

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2016fordendeavourfrontspiedaustralia1024x683.jpg

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2016fordendeavourgrillespiedaustralia.jpg

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2016fordendeavourspiedaustralia.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 07:56   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_That_V8 View Post
Most auto companies wont kill a name that easily. My bet is that it would be continued as the Endeavour for India.
Ford wanted to name the UV Everest, but had to pick Endeavour as the former is registered by MSIL in India if I am not wrong.

It looks really good! Hope it rides well too.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 10:46   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Ford wanted to name the UV Everest, but had to pick Endeavour as the former is registered by MSIL in India if I am not wrong.
Firstly, All the previous Endeavours were named the Everest in the rest of the world.
Secondly, Christening a Car is an expensive process and is also coupled with several other reasons due to which most companies don't kill the name until it has served for some decades (esp. if the name did not build up a brand reputation).

Can't comment on the MSIL name registration as I am not sure about it.

Its safe for me to assume that Ford is continuing the to-be-launched Everest as the next generation Endeavour for India from the above reasons.
Old 17th February 2015, 10:51   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its safe for me to assume that Ford is continuing the to-be-launched Everest as the next generation Endeavour for India from the above reasons.
LOL! Not disputing any of that. Just wanted to point out why Ford chose Endeavour over Everest in the first place.
Old 17th February 2015, 10:54   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Firstly, All the previous Endeavours were named the Everest in the rest of the world.
Secondly, Christening a Car is an expensive process and is also coupled with several other reasons due to which most companies don't kill the name until it has served for some decades (esp. if the name did not build up a brand reputation).

Can't comment on the MSIL name registration as I am not sure about it.

As Deetjohn mentioned. Ford had to rename the Everest to Endeavour only for India as the name Everest was already registered.

So it's pretty obvious they will continue with the Endeavour name for India.

Same applied for the Maruti Ritz. The Ritz is known as the Splash globally but Splash was already registered in India so Maruti had to rename it to Ritz only for India.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 11:46   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
As Deetjohn mentioned. Ford had to rename the Everest to Endeavour only for India as the name Everest was already registered.

Same applied for the Maruti Ritz. The Ritz is known as the Splash globally but Splash was already registered in India so Maruti had to rename it to Ritz only for India.
Incidentally, 'Splash' was registered in India by Ford

If you had noticed closely, the Endeavour always had a Mountain (indicating Everest?) on the Spare Wheel cover and for quite a while, the 'Endeavour' branding on the car is STICKER and not chrome plastic. I've only seen cheap Marutis follow that practice.
Old 17th February 2015, 11:53   #145
BHPian

IIRC, The name Everest is registered by Mahindra .

Just my 2 cents.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 18:31   #146
BHPian

Spotted in thailand

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/2...ortuner-168731
Attached Thumbnails
The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2016fordeverestendeavourwithtoyotafortunerthailand1.jpg  

LionX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 22:57   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Endeavour taller than Fortuner? I don't believe it. I think this new Endeavour got a lift job done. But if it indeed is stock set-up then new Endeavour will be hit with "I'm seated higher than thou" types.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 09:12   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Spotted in thailand
Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Endeavour taller than Fortuner? I don't believe it. I think this new Endeavour got a lift job done. But if it indeed is stock set-up then new Endeavour will be hit with "I'm seated higher than thou" types.
Going by what I see, it seems to have an appeal. Ford needs to act fast & be level headed as far as car's prices go. Launch the full monty at a price which undercuts the 2.5 Fortuner by a bit. When the sales start to happen, after an year, price can be hiked at a point where consumers won't feel the pinch.

IMHO, this Ford has the ability to take away 15-20% sale of the Fortuner if pricing is okay. Maybe more, but for that, it has to establish itself.

Thanks to Figo & EcoSport, Ford has opened up a lot of sales outlets & service centers and they are expanding. So that area is covered as well.

Many people are sitting on the fence and do not wish to buy the common Fortuner now, for them, it is a worthy alternative. Everyone is aware of Mitsubishi, but as Mitsubishi is not so interested in Indian consumers, the consumers too are ignoring. You can't clap with one hand.

Launch it Ford. If all goes well I might go for it.
Old 20th February 2015, 10:52   #149
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Sheel. I fully agree. They should not get too carried away and price it out of reach. Ford is not a halo brand and they should know that. I often hear about cut-throat cometetion business field where a guy undercuts his rival's product on price front, edges him out of the business and then, having the field left solely to himself, increases the prices. Why not Ford pull something like that off to counter Fortuner. I know Fortuner is firmly dug in and it would not be a walk in the park for Ford. But if Ford can reach 30-35% sales of Fortuner with this new Endeavour, it can be called a super success.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 17:48   #150
BHPian

More spied pics from Thailand

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/2...-colors-169103
Attached Thumbnails
The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2016fordendeavour1.jpg  

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2016fordendeavour2.jpg  

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2016fordendeavour3.jpg  

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2016fordendeavour4.jpg  

LionX is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks