Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2013, 19:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

I am surprised. There have been a couple of posts completly admonishing the plastic quality in Fiats. I agree Linea plastics are not too premium, but I wouldn't call them too cheap either. Atleast not vastly inferior to Swift.

I dont know about the older lineas, but the new ones in the showroom that I saw did look decent enough.

Or is it some other car I saw in linea's disguise?

Coming to the price, if they are starting the base diesel at 6.95, I must admit I am not too positive about their chances. But I will reserve my views till I see what all is on offer.
Old 24th September 2013, 23:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Take home a sedan at the price of a hatchback.. This is the new tagline FIAT has come up on their FB page few mins back.
Just to add an image to your update for reference, one of the comments which fiat india has replied to also confirm that a USB port will be present on the car , whether its a specific version is not clear though
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-1236095_738412022840127_1800637855_n.jpg  

Old 25th September 2013, 00:29   #63
BHPian

Fiat does realize that that is a Skoda octavia on the picture... lol

In all honestly Fiat india has completely blown its strategy and is more or less a dead duck with only the fanboiis buying their cars. Similar to the way Blackberry went, but in Fiat's case they DO have an attractive product potfolio in the European markets but somehow the brilliant Indian management is unaware of this and keeps on launching 6-7 year old models as 'new' or 'sport' or 'classic' cars.

Learn from VAG, they launched 2 hot hatches in the span of a few months without any hype or big statements, unlike fiat who's mysterious Abarth Punto is yet to land on indian soil, months after the initial announcement.

Fiat!! if your reading this, please up your game, cuz it'll be sad to see one of the oldest automakers present in India, die such a sad death in this country due to such poor management,

Last edited by prithwi-81 : 25th September 2013 at 00:38.
prithwi-81 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 10:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

Here is a set of interior shots plus some exterior clicks as reported in iab.

Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-fiatlineaclassicbadge1024x768.jpg

Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-fiatlineaclassicdashboardspyshot1024x768.jpg

Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-fiatlineaclassicfrontseats1024x768.jpg

Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-fiatlineaclassicfrontspyshot1024x768.jpg

Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-fiatlineaclassicrearseatspyshot1024x768.jpg

Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-fiatlineaclassicrearspyshot.jpg

Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-fiatlineaclassicrearthreequarters1024x768.jpg
Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/f...ic-spied-98045
sarathlal is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 10:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Yup, I have a diesel black Punto. Any chance you have a blue Jazz and we waved at each other some days back?
Yes, thats me. I live in the building opposite yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Similar to the way Blackberry went, but in Fiat's case they DO have an attractive product potfolio in the European markets but somehow the brilliant Indian management is unaware of this and keeps on launching 6-7 year old models as 'new' or 'sport' or 'classic' cars.
Cross Punto? That would be fun!
Yes, they do have a lot of cars that they could launch here. I wonder how long they are going to go ahead with only 2 cars. They do need an entry level hatch in B1 segment. Most likely to revive/ refresh the Uno. They can definitely be accused of not trying too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Learn from VAG, they launched 2 hot hatches in the span of a few months without any hype or big statements, unlike fiat who's mysterious Abarth Punto is yet to land on indian soil, months after the initial announcement.
Dont learn so much from VAG too. I would prefer Fiat dont become as arrogant as VAG. yes 2 hot hatches launched, but the platform is the same.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 10:40   #66
BHPian

There are two variants as we can see it from two different posts.

Basic version without music system and black colored central console,black wheel rims,black colored door handles ,side rear view mirrors and grill.

Another one may be the midvariant with music system and silver finish center console ,wheel caps,silver colored fog lamp surrounds and grill.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-linea-classic-interior-1.jpg  

Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-fiatlineaclassic-interior-2.jpg  

Last edited by nskumar : 25th September 2013 at 10:41. Reason: spelling
nskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 10:45   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
somebody could get caught inside those wheel arches & still come out without being hurt
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat to launch lower-priced Linea Classic* EDIT: launched at 5.99L*-fiatlineaclassicrearthreequarters1024x768.jpg  

sanjaymugur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 10:45   #68
BHPian

If they are launching the diesel linea classic at Rs 6.99 lacs, i think it is a little too high to make an impact. Fiat doesn't have too good an image in this country and this price won't fetch them a lot of buyers.

Anyway they will be offering discounts a few month's down the line so why not price it right in the Dzire/amaze zone and give the competition a scare and build some base in India before launching other models. Right now they are selling around 6-700 cars a month, this could easily add 1000-1200 cars to their kitty and provide some stability to the dealers.Later on, the prices could be increased, as with most successful models.
Old 25th September 2013, 10:56   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Here is a set of interior shots plus some exterior clicks as reported in iab.
Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/f...ic-spied-98045
This looks like the Linea Classic 1.3 Active variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskumar View Post

Basic version without music system and black colored central console,black wheel rims,black colored door handles ,side rear view mirrors and grill.

Another one may be the midvariant with music system and silver finish center console ,wheel caps,silver colored fog lamp surrounds and grill.
Judging by your pictures, the 2nd variant(Classic +) will also come with manually adjustable ORVMs and front 2 power windows only

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
somebody could get caught inside those wheel arches & still come out without being hurt
That's a new safety feature maybe

Overall this looks perfect for the taxi market. If at all that happens, I don't know if Fiat should be happy (volumes) or unhappy (image).

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 25th September 2013 at 11:13.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 10:57   #70
BHPian

I hope Fiat sees a moderate success with Classic. Linea indeed a classic design, unlike the convention followed by competition to name the soon to be phased out versions.

I have special liking for Fiat in India, as they are genuine and honest about their efforts to come off the ditch (although still struggling on how and vitamin M). This is lot better qualities than the dishonest and cheats in other at sales bottom
Old 25th September 2013, 11:08   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskumar View Post

Even in the Classic plus, if one sees the last image, there are controls for only for the front power windows. So I believe the feature set wil be similar to Punto Active - Power steering, Manual A/C, Central locking, Music system (No USB or bluetooth but with speed sensitive volume adjustment), front power windows, tilt steering, distance to empty, follow-me-home lights and tyres on 14-inch steel rims. No Airbags or even ABS expected.

The base Classic variant will be devoid of the Music system and central locking maybe, as in the case of Punto Active before 2012. Though there seems to be tilt steering adjust and 12V charger even in the base Classic variant as per the image. They might throw in the rear armrest in both variants.
Old 25th September 2013, 11:08   #72
Senior - BHPian

I like the centre console in black, it looks way better than the cheap gold and silver finishes offered on the Punto and Linea. Maybe I'll try and get this piece on my Punto to get an all black look.

I wonder how this car handles, those look like scooter wheels.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 11:18   #73
BHPian

Luckily even the base variant comes with body colored bumpers.
Not like the horrible looking dzire taxi variants.
Old 25th September 2013, 11:35   #74
BHPian

Linea Classic pricing as per AutoCarIndia

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ow-358173.aspx

Fiat is following an aggressive pricing strategy with the Linea Classic.The petrol will be priced at Rs. 5.99 lakh while the diesel will be priced from Rs 6.95 lakh.

Last edited by jessie007 : 25th September 2013 at 11:36.
Old 25th September 2013, 11:52   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Somehow the Autocar's pricing does not seem correct. The current active version (MJD) is priced at INR 7.23 Lakhs exshowroom Bangalore.

Now If the base classic version is priced at 6.95 lakhs then the classic+ variant would be priced atleast another 30-40K above the base variant for diesel which will it above the current active price of 7.23 Lakhs ex showroom that too for a 75Ps engine and smaller wheelers.

If this is the pricing, then another dud from Fiat. Phew!

Somewhere my gut feel tells me the Classic+ variant will be below 7 lakhs ex showroom to give it some pricing advantage and pitch it bang in the between Punto Dynamic and emotion variants.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks