Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 13:44   #76
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: September 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefiat View Post
Fifth month of recovery for the sales of Fiat in India; in July-August-September returning to positive.

Statistics: http://www.carsitaly.net/fiat-car-sales_india.htm
It's good to see sales of Fiat India on a constant upward trajectory after they "made the move" away from Tata's network, which was really bogging them down. Fiat also have a new enthusiastic management in place in India for the Fiat & Jeep brands. As for the new dealers, a few of them seem to be quite good, others average, while the Tata ones who picked up a separate Fiat dealership are just like they were/are for Tata (no good).

To continue on the upward path, Fiat desperately need new products for India. New variant families, facelifts and engines can only do so much. I wonder what's preventing Fiat from introducing some new cars from their European range. I hope they have surprises in store for us at next year's Auto Expo.

Last edited by RSR : 8th October 2013 at 13:45.
Old 8th October 2013, 13:53   #77
Senior - BHPian

The same being reflected in this threads statistics as well , its a good sign for Fiat , eager to see impact of the Classic in the coming months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefiat View Post
Fifth month of recovery for the sales of Fiat in India; in July-August-September returning to positive.

Statistics: http://www.carsitaly.net/fiat-car-sales_india.htm
Old 10th October 2013, 14:21   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Mahindra needs to up the game, their XUV and Quanto are not performing as well as before , the XUV could be due to bad press for the bad electronics. The Quanto on the other hand should have done well it just shows how important looks are, if Mahindra come up with a short wheelbase Scorpio say two door like the erstwhile Tata Sierra, IMHO it should sell well.
Just wait for the XUV 500 W4, I am sure it will revive the sales of XUV which once enjoyed a waiting period of more than 6 months. Also with the expected pricing it will attract customers planning to buy duster/ecosport/terrano.
Old 10th October 2013, 21:39   #79
BHPian

I can clearly see two distinct cases where the sales have greatly improved owing to the discounts/offers. One is the Duster that had the step-up offer followed by exchange + insurance offer in the month of September. And the second is the Storme that had the 3 years insurance offer started towards the end of September (even I got mine under this scheme).
Old 11th October 2013, 11:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
The Verito sedan is mostly selling in diesel. The sale of petrol Verito is about 5 - 6 % of the total Verito sedan sale. Basically very few takers for the Petrol Verito. Logically they launched Vibe only in Diesel.
I do not understand the fact that our fellow Indian buyers are ignoring a well round car Mahindra Verito Vibe. It has a very good proven Renault engine, great space for the Indian families and economical as well. Is Mahindra not doing enough marketing ? or Our people are only behind BHP numbers us still a big question mark...
Old 11th October 2013, 15:33   #81
Senior - BHPian

2 Diesel Lauras, really? That's all they sold last month. The newly launched Octavia took up everything that once belonged to the Laura, squeezed it dry and left it out in the open to die. I thought the Laura by itself was worth a little more than that. But with these abysmal numbers, maybe Skoda will phase out the Laura much earlier than any of us anticipated!
Old 11th October 2013, 16:41   #82
BHPian

After a dip in sales of Honda City in August, it has come back to the average 1800-2000 in September.
Even after the talks of New Honda City being launched in the market, the sales do not seem to have taken a blow.
Old 11th October 2013, 18:04   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post
I do not understand the fact that our fellow Indian buyers are ignoring a well round car Mahindra Verito Vibe. It has a very good proven Renault engine, great space for the Indian families and economical as well. Is Mahindra not doing enough marketing ? or Our people are only behind BHP numbers us still a big question mark...
Mods: I have to go off topic to answer his query.

There are many types of Indian Buyers, but I am going to focus on three types of Indian buyers which makes 98% of our market.

Type 1: looks, looks and looks

90% of the buyers in our nation prioritize a car based on looks. I understand looks are subject but given the competition around Verito Vibe, 9 out of 10 will vote against this car.

Type 2: Kitna Deti Hai

Compare Verito Vibe which has 15.7(ARAI) (kmpl) as against Amaze which has 25.8, Dzire 23.4, i20 21.93. Again 9 out of 10 ruled here.

Type 3: Is this Sedan or Hatch

We want anything that is called a Sedan. And there are people who say I want hatch and only hatch. I drive only in city so I prefer a hatch. The sedan or hatch buyers will be confused when they are introduced to Verito Vibe.

If a hatch preferred buyer is introduced the buyer will say "what? this is not a hatch, look at the boot, it opens like a sedan. Not my cup of tea"

If a sedan preferred buyer is introduce, the buyer will say "No no no! This is not a sedan, where is the boot."

And when we filter the big crowd we get as little as 2% left, which is why I guess the Verito Vibe isn't successful as of now. But who know life keeps changing and so are our decisions.
Kratos453 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 18:25   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post
Its pretty simple. It does not have the looks of say a grand i10. And coming from Mahindra,who is known for SUVs, the brand to some extent is also a factor. Just have a look at the interiors of Vibe and then step into a grand i10 and you will know. There is no feel good factor in the Vibe.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 21:39   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors global sales down 16% in September.

Quote:
Auto major Tata Motors said its global sales, including Jaguar Land Rover,declined by 15.76 per cent to 87,316 units in September, 2013, compared to the year-ago period
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/24151807.cms
Old 15th October 2013, 11:51   #86
BHPian

Some interesting data there. Its good to see the overall market improving and hopefully things will only get better with the festive season. Somethings that i found interesting.

1. Maruti and Hyundai have once again shown what a robust product portfolio and dealer network can do
2. The i10 Grand numbers are quite remarkable
3. Good to see Fiat numbers improving consistently
4. Wonder what caused a big jump in the 'New Ford Fiesta' numbers
5. Tata Motors really needs to do something different and soon. They desperately need to launch something new that will create interest once again
Old 15th October 2013, 21:24   #87
Senior - BHPian

Can any one please find the sales of petrol and diesel cars in Goa? While the numbers may not be big, one would like to see how the petrol cars fare against the diesel ones as the difference between prices of petrol and diesel is very little.
Old 18th October 2013, 20:21   #88
Senior - BHPian

Any idea on how Force One and Gurkha did in September? Also curious about ICML and Premier's digits.
Old 24th October 2013, 20:08   #89
BHPian

That was an amazing report. Stunning work indeed.

Since I am more focused on C2 segment, I still wonder how Hyundai Verna manages to get this sales ! Skoda Rapid and VW Vento are still struggling just because of their pathetic after sales.

I believe with the launch of all new Rapid with projectors, 1.6 Linea and facelifted Vento, the European brands will have a delightful time over the Korean competition.
Old 25th October 2013, 09:55   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Any idea on how Force One and Gurkha did in September? Also curious about ICML and Premier's digits.
Force One sale in Sep was 65 units. ICML and Premier dont seem to declare their nos.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks