Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2015, 15:38   #91
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India

Looks like the same car which Jeremy rode (Fox hunting) in Topgear UK many many years ago. The car looked so old fashioned that time.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/top-gear/v...u-fox-hunting/
Old 25th December 2015, 17:26   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

With the rising demand to explode in coming years, reports indicate that Toyota is planning to make a foray into this segment as well and may bring in Rush sometime next year.

Quote:
Toyota Rush is already available to buyers in some Asian countries where it is called Daihatsu Rush. Available in five and seven-seat options, the car also has an easy one-touch tumble seen in Honda's Mobilio. In the Malaysian market, the Rush is fitted with a 1.5 liter VVT - i engine which claims an adjusting valve timing allows for burst in power when needed and greater fuel economy when speed is not of the essence. In India, the car may get a 1.4 litre diesel engine that currently does the round in Corolla Altis. It puts out 67PS of power and 170Nm of peak torque.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ment-/50323813
Old 25th December 2015, 18:03   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Gosh! Another stupid piece of report.
Quote:
In India, the car may get a 1.4 litre diesel engine that currently does the round in Corolla Altis. It puts out 67PS of power and 170Nm of peak torque.
The 1.4L D in the Corolla makes 90 bhp with a VGT and NOT 67 bhp - that tune is in the Etios twins with FGT. I think it's time that Toyota keeps the 1.4L 68 bhp tune for the taxi Etios and provide all new products with atleast 90 bhp tune. The game has moved on!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 21:52   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Gosh! Another stupid piece of report.
The 1.4L D in the Corolla makes 90 bhp with a VGT and NOT 67 bhp - that tune is in the Etios twins with FGT. I think it's time that Toyota keeps the 1.4L 68 bhp tune for the taxi Etios and provide all new products with atleast 90 bhp tune. The game has moved on!
It has not, they sell the same trash in Etios. 67 HP. I cannot think why someone will pick Etios over the Aspire or any other sub 4 Meter for that matter, the ergonomics in terms of the placement of Speedo, the minimalistic interiors and long in the tooth shape all go against it.

Toyota in India seems to be least interested, selling sub par mass products, milking the Indian customers with outrageous pricing of the Innova and T-Fort.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 16:17   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Not the same old 1.4L diesel all over again!

Toyota India needs to overhaul their thinking, if they are to compete in any segments other than the Innova and the T-Fort. A 67 PS heart in the Rush to go up against the EcoSport & the TUV will be a completely senseless & stupid move. Combine that with their history of absurdly high pricing, and if they bring in the Rush in the Creta/Duster/Scorpio segment, and it will be absolute suicide!

I hope some pro-active marketing pro from their management is reading this and passes it to their R&D department. If they can't get any senses kicked into them, then the Rush's fate is doomed even before it is launched.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th December 2015 at 16:20.
Old 18th April 2016, 08:44   #96
BHPian

I like the Toyota Rush for what it is offering. A rough road friendly car with the reliability and abuse friendliness of Toyota. But the test mules and the photographs suggest the India bound car is going to be the older model which looks a bit crude and outdated. If Toyota is going to bring the older model, it will sell, but probably won't make waves like the Ecosport or Duster did at their launches.
Old 19th April 2016, 20:44   #97
BHPian

Hello everyone.
Can't help but wonder why there is little or no talk on the launch of Toyota Rush. I remember the days preceeding the launch of vehicles such as Creta, Baleno, Vitara Brezza and even TUV3OO were full of frantic discussions. How come Rush doesn't elicit even random discussions?
Has it been already written off or has been discarded in light of the the many new launches in the same category? I, for one believe that the Rush has the potential of creating a niche for itself. A 7 seater complimented by SUVish features is bound to be welcomed in a market that is still searching for an affordable and reliable seven seater. The Toyota badge is the added bonus.
I find that even the stuff on Rush in the public domain is scarce with respect to it's India launch and probable features or pricing. Looking forward for greater details.

Cheers.
Old 19th April 2016, 21:22   #98
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2016 at 11:39.
pamiboy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th April 2016, 00:18   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Hello everyone.
Can't help but wonder why there is little or no talk on the launch of Toyota Rush.
Well, here is the talk as soon as you asked for it.

Quote:
Toyota India Rules Out Sub-4M SUV and Sub-4M Sedan

Toyota is one of the few mainstream manufacturers to have not been involved in selling dedicated sub four metre cars for the Indian market. The segment carries loads of potential with Maruti Suzuki leading the charge and the other car makers like Hyundai, Mahindra, Ford, Honda and Tata exploring ways to beat the former in its own yard. The market has seen some of the exciting and ingenious products coming through in recent years as the buyers have upped their preference and more people aren’t retreating from looking at the cars costing above 5 lakhs. The government’s relaxation for cars measuring below four metres in length means that more products are expected through this year and the years to come. But, Toyota, a worldwide volume segment leader has revealed to us that the company has no plans in the pipeline to introduce any India-specific products in the sub-4m segment – be it a Brezza, EcoSport & TUV300 rival or a subcompact sedan. However, Mr. Naveen Soni, Vice President at Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt Ltd, spoke on an exclusive interview with us and divulged that India can expect global products like the compact SUV Rush. “As far as compact SUV is considered, whether we have? Yes! We have global model like Rush that is sold as Terios in some markets and is available with Toyota. However, as far as sub-4m category is concerned, we don’t want to make tailor-made cars only for India that is something that we’ve been saying is a compromised solution of sorts, whether it’s a car or it’s an SUV.” he said.

He explained that no compromise in the character of a car should be made: “The customer is buying that particular car for a particular value that he seeks in that car. If I am buying a 3-box car, I’m buying this because I want boot space. By making the 3 box car shorter what I am compromising is boot space. Why should a customer pay less for the boot space? Of course he pays less because the excise duty is less.” He went on to say the sub-4m products when released in global marketplace won’t get recognised and that Indians accept the compromise they need to make for buying a car affordably. “When the same cars goes into global arena when there are no tax comparisons then it does not succeed because there is customer saying that i am buying a 3 box car i need boot space. Where in India, what is happening is okay. Customer knows that he is not getting boot space but at least he is paying less. So because of India’s unique conditions sub-4m sedan models have been successful.” “But this does not mean the customer is satisfied which is what we feel because as a natural choice if he is given a choice between a hatchback and sedan he goes for a sedan because he prefers carrying some boot space for his needs. For that point of view, that car is kind of India unique product.” According to Mr. Naveen Soni, the global products about to be introduced in India will product more buzz for the brand and develop economy than the country-specific models. “Given that choice, then we would like to have global products in India because they are the way to go because comprise on quality, safety and environment are not needed. This is why we don’t tailor-make products for this country. From a country’s perspective, if I have to make a car which can be made here and sold anywhere in world that’s much better for the Indian economy rather than make only a car for India which cannot be sold elsewhere.” he concluded.

SOURCE
In my opinion, this is just an excuse from Toyota. They talk of no compromise, and continue selling Liva, Etios with those interiors and that 1.4 engine on Corolla! Ecosport is a global success. Toyota is just not able to make a competent vehicle when margins are low.
autorahul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 21:48   #100
BHPian

Bumping up the thread.
With the not so great reception received by BRV and the expensive character of Crysta, the question of a Quintessential (or close to it) 7 seater, affordable SUV is still relevant IMHO.
Toyota's woes about the inexplicable car rules of India notwithstanding, have they categorically confirmed no new launches? From what I could make out from the above post is that they are reluctant to launch any India specific vehicle. Rush is already plying in the international market. That shouldn't count as a specific manufacture or launch. Isn't it?
Does anyone have any information on Toyota plans with regards to Rush? I'm in the lookout for a 7 seater (in the early part of 2017) and had pinned my hopes on Rush. Having driven a Toyota (the not so liked 'Etios Liva' but one which I absolutely loved having) I intend staying with the brand but it's a far stretch to extend my budget to a Crysta or a Fortuner.
Any new feedback on the subject would be most welcome.
Old 30th May 2016, 12:50   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Bumping up the thread.
With the not so great reception received by BRV and the expensive character of Crysta, the question of a Quintessential (or close to it) 7 seater, affordable SUV is still relevant IMHO.
Well, Toyota Calya is the one that comes close to that!

You can read about it here: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/05/d...a-sigra-233641

http://autonetmagz.net/meet-the-new-...-avanza/25540/

& here : http://www.motoroids.com/news/toyota...-called-calya/

This could be an ideal competitor for Ertiga / Lodgy / BRV. Engine options could be derived from the current etios twins (In Indonesia it is touted to be made as LCGC - Low Cost Green Car, something which is between 980-1200cc engines).

And yes, the rear does look just like the Toyota Innova Crysta, whether it is good or bad is anybody's guess.

Last edited by rajess_in : 30th May 2016 at 12:52. Reason: Too many grammatical errors!
Old 15th November 2017, 21:04   #102
BHPian

Reviving an old thread...

It is reported in the media that the next generation all new 2018 Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Terios) would be unveiled on 23rd November 2017.

Link http://https://indianautosblog.com/2017/11/2018-daihatsu-teriostoyota-rush-launch-nov-23290421

It is rumored that the new version is likely to be launched in India in 2018.

So, we can expect a lot of activity in the budget 7 seater segment(SUV/MPV ) in 2018 in the form of Toyota Rush, next generation Suzuki Ertiga, Renault Grand Duster, Mitsubishi Xpander, Mahindra TUV 3oo plus etc..
DImPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 08:55   #103
BHPian

A pic of the Toyota Rush brochure. Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1510802698.374269.jpg
Pic credits:instagram user
Old 16th November 2017, 17:02   #104
Senior - BHPian

2018 Toyota Rush Leaked ahead of Unveil on November 23, 2017.

Looks heavily inspired from 2 Honda's (CR-V & Mobilio/BRV).

Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20171116044048_toyo_rush.jpg

Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-img_20171116_170109.jpg

Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-img_20171116_170100.jpg

Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-img_20171116_170050.jpg

Pictures Source
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 09:42   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota may launch Rush or CH-R in India soon - considering cost , likely to be the RUSH for India!

Quote:
they are considering both the models but looking for the one that will be more suitable for the Indian market.
Quote:
The Japanese giant plans to bring in a new SUV that is priced between Rs. 10 – 15 lakh in the Indian market
Quote:
In all likeliness, the Toyota Rush could be the product that will be launched in the Indian market in coming time. Toyota recently updated the model thoroughly and it is already on sale in the Indonesian market
Quote:
launch of Rush in late 2018 or early 2019.

Source:

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th February 2018 at 09:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks