Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2014, 17:50   #121
BHPian

I feel the problems are over amplified. The most critical failure that customer experienced was failing of lights and the second is bumper. I can't believe that bumper just fell off. I have an D segment car and because of the overhang it is easy to bruise the bumper from bottom which gets it off its clips. That's the only scenario that can lead to bumper falling. Lights, well they shouldn't have failed even at any level of abuse. Well I still find it less crucifying than stories from an other European OEM.
vishnugs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 00:11   #122
BHPian

Re: JLR India PR disaster! Salman Khan tweets his frustration over Range Rover breakd

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
I feel the problems are over amplified. The most critical failure that customer experienced was failing of lights and the second is bumper. I can't believe that bumper just fell off. I have an D segment car and because of the overhang it is easy to bruise the bumper from bottom which gets it off its clips. That's the only scenario that can lead to bumper falling. Lights, well they shouldn't have failed even at any level of abuse. Well I still find it less crucifying than stories from an other European OEM.
Quote:
'I have taken it to many authorised dealers and garages but it has not helped me. It has so many problems I can't even list them all.'
The owner has so many problems that he didn't list them out. Apart from light failure and bumper falling off, there are many other problems with the car which he has not shared with the news reporter.

I think this is a wake up call for JLR and be more customer centric.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 00:11   #123
BHPian

Re: JLR India PR disaster! Salman Khan tweets his frustration over Range Rover breakdown

Guys , you might want to see this!
Do wait for his recommendation in the end!

Last edited by johannskaria : 1st October 2015 at 00:15.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:35   #124
BHPian

Re: JLR India PR disaster! Salman Khan tweets his frustration over Range Rover breakdown

Been using an Evoque for a while now.

RR recommends to change the brake-pads every 25000 kms. However, it totally depends on how you drive and how strongly you apply brakes.

Since the one we've been using, usually runs only for 40-45 kms daily, with average braking. I can somehow be convinced to change the brake-pads as RR recommends, because no one has that much time to argue about if the discs can be used for another few thousand kms.

But, most importantly, when does one have to change the discs along with the brake pads? I may not be perfect in judging the condition of the discs, but is it mandatory to change the discs along with the brake-pads when the car has done only 65000 kms. The service personnel are after us to change the discs. The discs of our Evoque look absolutely fine, even when compared to a new Evoque's discs.

Help!
Old 17th July 2017, 13:12   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post

But, most importantly, when does one have to change the discs along with the brake pads? I may not be perfect in judging the condition of the discs, but is it mandatory to change the discs along with the brake-pads when the car has done only 65000 kms. The service personnel are after us to change the discs. The discs of our Evoque look absolutely fine, even when compared to a new Evoque's discs.

Help!
My Jetta brakepads lasted for 48000KM. Being an automatic and heavier, your car might eatpads at a higher rate.

As for discs, measure the thickness. There has to be a lower tolerance.

Ask them what the lowest tolerance is and then make them measure in front of you.

VW measure my discs at each service and log the thickness. As it has not gone down to to the lower lower tolderance, they have not advised a change as yet.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 16:10   #126
Senior - BHPian

Just stumbled upon this thread. Having owned a Freelander 2 in 2013-2014, I may be considered "qualified" to comment. It's a great vehicle to drive on & off road. Infact it performs beautifully off road, which I tested on a purpose built track, mudpit, water, slush.

The SUV is a great place to be in, no doubt about it. But when it throws tantrums it can be disgusting !!!

My cars do not do much mileage, hardly 1000-1500KMS a month. I sold it with 16500 on the odometer. Had seen a dear friend suffer with his top of the line Range Rover, hence decided to cut my losses.

What I later heard from the guy who bought it was no less than a nightmare !! The car is used in Madhya Pradesh, mostly highway runs. The owner has spent around 9 lacs within 5000 KMS of using the car. The parts like entire steering system was replaced apparently coz there was a kat kat sound, brakes totally replaced, suspension redone. It was unimaginable that vehicle needed all of the above & then some as it was like brand new when he took it from me. Yes they take fire for any repairs or maintenance work.

My friends Range Rover was another horror story. Hence I can quite believe Salman Khan's misery. I'm done buying any JLR products ever again

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 10:40   #127
BHPian

The car is still registered in his brother's name i e., Arbaaz Khan. It's been 11 long year's since he got the car god knows how is he maintaining.
Old 20th April 2021, 19:08   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite surprisingly, the most eligible bachelor of Bollywood has changed over loyalty to a SUV brand from the West, trading his earlier loved brand Toyota from the East. The old Toyota Land Cruiser had hit a poor soul on a Bandra footpath on September 28, 2002.

The many poor brake pads could have saved many lives this time and hence the wear and tear is natural. And like the driver seat mystery of the Toyota Land Cruiser, hopefully the person on the driver's seat this time is not mysterious.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks