Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2016, 15:18   #301
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen India: The Way Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
When is the Tiguan being launched in India and is it going to compete with the Creta on pricing or the S-Cross?
I believe VW will price Tiguan in the region of 25 - 30 Lakh competing against the likes of Hyunda Santa fe and don`t expect it to launch it before 2017.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 14:15   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

VAG starts work on its S/C UV onslaught. India plans included. Expect an entire new generation of vehicles from 2016. Will have a highly localized content with suitable engines for India.

Polo New Gen, T Cross, New Vento and its replicas from Skoda (Kodiaq and the New Gen Yeti too) are the likely models for India. Tiguan will be in seen in 2017.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th July 2016 at 14:20.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 18:13   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Polo New Gen, T Cross, New Vento and its replicas from Skoda (Kodiaq and the New Gen Yeti too) are the likely models for India.
I thought there is no next gen Polo, even internationally? The rendered CUV based on the Polo looks stunning but I doubt the production version will be anything like that.
Old 13th July 2016, 18:26   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I thought there is no next gen Polo, even internationally? The rendered CUV based on the Polo looks stunning but I doubt the production version will be anything like that.
The sixth Gen Polo based on the MQB A0 Platform is likely to go on sale by mid 2017 in Europe.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 23:12   #305
BHPian

Quote:
The sixth Gen Polo based on the MQB A0 Platform is likely to go on sale by mid 2017 in Europe.
Hey Volkman

What could be the launches till March 2017. Any idea or any rumours doing the rounds.

Thanks.
Old 14th July 2016, 07:17   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
What could be the launches till March 2017. Any idea or any rumours doing the rounds.
Thanks.
Speculated launches from VW until end 2017 would be facelift of Vento, Polo GTI and Tiguan .
All other New launches will be from 2018 and beyond.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 18:16   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

All the upcoming VW Group SUVs in a single frame, courtesy ACI.

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-collarge_skoda.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 11:31   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Updated VW Polo, GT TDI, VW Vento Highline Plus launching this festive season.

Quote:
VW India launched an updated Polo, which was showcased at the Auto Expo 2016. Aside from features such as rain sensing wipers, auto dimming IRVM, phone book/SMS viewer, MirrorLink connectivity and a new touchscreen infotainment system, another incremental upgrade is the introduction of ABS as standard, right from the base Trendline trim.
Quote:
The German manufacturer will start introducing the updated 1.5L TDI engine to its range of products, which also includes the Polo GT TDI. It will output 110 PS, making it the most powerful diesel hatchback in its segment.

Also to launch in the festive season is the Polo ALLSTAR edition, which will offer new alloy wheels, new seat fabric, front center armrest and an aluminum-plated pedal set.
Quote:
Also showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 was the updated VW Vento, which will also launch before the end of the year. According to sources, VW India will launch the Vento Highline Plus and equip it with LED headlamps with LED DRLs, marking the introduction of LED lighting technology in a mass segment
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th July 2016 at 11:34.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 11:34   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Updated VW Polo, GT TDI, VW Vento Highline Plus launching this festive season.
Is it official? Can you share the source of info please?
vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 12:22   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently, a completely undisguised test mule of the 7-seater version of the Volkswagen Tiguan was spotted in China.

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-vwtiguan1.jpg

To be called the Tiguan XL or the Tiguan LWB (Long WheelBase), the 110mm-longer, extended wheelbase version of the popular 2,681mm long Volkswagen SUV has been specifically made for certain markets, in which India is also shortlisted.

The Tiguan LWB is similar in styling to the regular Tiguan, with the only notable change being the option of offering a 3rd row of retractable seats. It is expected to be launched in China later this year, with a launch scheduled for other countries in 2017, notably the USA and Canada, for which Volkswagen will manufacture the XL-sized Tiguan at it's plant in Mexico.

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-vwtiguan3.jpg

For India, the regular Tiguan is shortlisted to be launched next year, with the Tiguan LWB set to follow at a later stage. At an expected pricing of Rs 30 lakhs, the Tiguan will go up against the Hyundai Santa Fe, the upcoming Nissan X-Trail and the Honda CR-V.

Quote:
The mainstay engine for the India-spec Tiguan is expected to be the company’s 2.0-litre diesel engine with output expected to be either 150hp or 190hp, with a petrol motor likely to be in the offering. The company’s seven-speed DSG gearbox will be standard, and all-wheel drive being available as an option. These specifications are likely to carry forward on the seven-seater model as well.

VW is likely to price the new Tiguan at around Rs 30 lakh (ex-showroom) with local assembly likely to be undertaken at the company’s Aurangabad plant.
ACI & CarScoops

Last edited by RavenAvi : 21st July 2016 at 12:24.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 22:52   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

The Volkswagen Tiguan LWB was spotted completely undisguised on a testing run somewhere in the USA by a CarScoops reader, making this it's first sighting in the States.

Quote:
Set to enter production in the first quartet of 2017 and go on sale in the US as either a 2017MY or a 2018MY, the LWB Tiguan will feature a wheelbase stretched by 110 mm / 4.3 in. over the regular model that rides on a 2,681mm / 105.6 in. wheelbase, and a longer rear overhang. This will allow for the fitment of a retractable third seat bench, probably most suitable to two children rather than adults, as is the norm in this class, and still maintain a sizeable boot.
Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-volkswagentiguanlong20171.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-volkswagentiguanlong20176.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-volkswagentiguanlong20173.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-volkswagentiguanlong20178.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-volkswagentiguanlong201714.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-volkswagentiguanlong201713.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-volkswagentiguanlong201712.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-volkswagentiguanlong20175.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-volkswagentiguanlong201710.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:22   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Much clearer shots of the Chinese-spec Tiguan LWB, courtesy CarNews China:

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-vwtiguanl1.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-vwtiguanl2.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-vwtiguanl3.jpg

Also, it is now confirmed that the 7-seater version, headed to India soon, will be called the Tiguan L (going by the badging in the last spyshot).

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd July 2016 at 12:24.
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:42   #313
BHPian

The 7 seat Tiguan does look disproportionately long, I think. The 5 seat SWB Tiguan looks far more balanced and proportionate. I hope VW gets the latter to India.
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:50   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
The 7 seat Tiguan does look disproportionately long, I think. The 5 seat SWB Tiguan looks far more balanced and proportionate. I hope VW gets the latter to India.
Still looks fine thanks to the clean styling philosophy of Volkswagen. Has good road presence due to the size, but looks executive enough not to attract too much of attention.

I think the 7 seater version would be better for the Indian market considering the price point and the competition it is up against!
Old 22nd July 2016, 22:55   #315
BHPian

Guys , this is my ( I am 55 ) first post, (long term admirer of T bhp) , always read, never posted. So here goes

Cars owned : 85-86 Premier Padmani (boring)

86-90 Maruti 800 (genius car of its age) ,

88-98 MM 540 jeep (had for 10 years , enjoyed every minute, had major accident and survived)

98-04 Maruti 800 (again)

04-15 Maruti Baleno (original Baleno - the best, far better than the latest - ultimate confidence inspiring handling, and silent ride)

Now Vento TSI automatic petrol 6 months old - great engine - phenomenal mileage average in town 12-15, highway 15-18 in D mode.

Great power in S mode without much drop in mileage.

Now for the negatives:

Squeaky car, with noises all over especially on cement roads , noises in dash and boot , creaks audible in doors when turning slowly on slopes, Ramani in Coimbatore tried to fix noises, but flailed miserably thrice.

Gets confused in shifting in D2 D3 gears and jerks occasionally in heavy traffic.

Handling of the Vento ( MRF) - not even close to my old Baleno (Bridgestone)

Pathetic mentality of the Volkswagen staff at Ramani in Coimabtore - just incompetent -( or cant care attitude - delay and the customer will leave)

The entire car seems to be built for poor awestruck "Indians" who dont know any better.

Will Volkswagen ever learn ? After a Maruti product , their service is below pathetic.

Will I buy another Volkswagen? - never ! You cant fool all the people all the time !

Why did I buy in the first place - unbelievable auto gear box of the TSI.

The only way forward for Volkswagen - copy Maruti service and treat the customer as king - else shut shop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks