Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 00:22   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen India: The Way Forward

Volkswagen's India-bound Polo-based SUV starts it's testing run in Europe, under the shell of a 3-door Golf!

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-volkswagenpolofrontview73143.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-volkswagenpolorearview73144.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-volkswagenpolorearview73145.jpg

Quote:
An India-bound Volkswagen Polo SUV test mule has been spotted doing the rounds in Europe.

The car, hidden under the shell of a current generation three-door Golf, sports raised ground clearance, longer suspension travel and obviously bigger wheels. Much of the design is expected to come from the T-Cross concept car showcased in 2015.

This vehicle will be a part of the German automaker’s overall plans to have an SUV body style vehicle in every part of the market that it has a presence in.

This car is expected to be at least another year away and is unlikely to make its debut before the next generation Polo hatchback is unveiled. It will pick up most of its features and underpinnings from the older Polo platform to keep costs in check.
Carwale
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 03:12   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hidden under the shell of a current generation three-door Golf
whyohwhyohwhy don't they just give us the Golf*

Oh well, never mind: I look forward to the end-product SUV anyway.

*I've said this so many times that the mods are going to start hitting me for multiple posts!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 23rd May 2016 at 03:14.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 20:34   #288
BHPian

As per a report, the Skoda Rapid facelift is already undergoing tests with the above changes in the 1.5L diesel engine and has also been slated for a festive season launch! Which car is going to come up first, only time will tell now. Will the normal Polo too get a boost in power or just the Polo GT TDi will receive the extra bhp?

Last edited by YashD : 25th May 2016 at 20:36.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 00:23   #289
BHPian

The Polo looks brilliant, the Vento - alright, the Jetta - ordinary, and finally the Passat- boring
I feel, they are selling what they can handle. Their service stations are pretty full, showrooms buzzing. I feel they still are not built for scale here in India
Old 26th May 2016, 16:58   #290
BHPian

Is the Polo GT TDI/TSI expected to have a facelift in the coming months ? The facelift should be incorporating the DRLs and some other features I'm presuming ?

I talked to a salesperson from VW Bangalore and he denied that any facelift would be arriving anytime soon. I mentioned that there were spy shots of a Polo with DRLs that were taken recently. He told me that these Polos were manufactured in India and exported. However, some of these salespersons do lack information on such things as we all know. I was, hence, hoping for a strong opinion from the T-BHP forum.
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:39   #291
BHPian

As usual VW decides to launch yet another limited edition of Polo and Vento

VW India launches Polo Select, Vento Celeste Limited Edition

Quote:
VW India states that the Polo Select and Vento Celeste come with exterior and interior upgrades. On the outside, the duo gets side body molding in black, crbon finish for ORVM covers, and a black roof. Individually, Polo Select gets trunk garnish while the Vento Celeste gets trunk lip spolier.

On the inside, both new cars get carbon finish centre console, high quality and scratch resistant dashboard, new textile mats, and detachable window blinds. In addition to this, Polo Select gets 4 scuff plates and seat covers with VW logo, while the Vento Celeste gets state of the art touchscreen infotainment system from Blaupunkt with navigation.
From the description doesn't seem anything new that they haven't offered in earlier limited editions

Last edited by vin_b : 2nd June 2016 at 19:49.
vin_b is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:53   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post

From the description doesn't seem anything new that they haven't offered in earlier limited editions
This is hilarious. The additions are exactly same as the Polo Exquisite and Vento Highline Plus that they launched in October 2015. They seem to love coming up with new names.

Related thread (VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched)
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 20:13   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post

VW India launches Polo Select, Vento Celeste Limited Edition

Thanks for the update. Could you help me with a few queries:
1. Does the Vento Celeste infotainment system have reverse camera capability?
2. Usually when a limited edition model is launched is it followed by some upgrades in the normal models? I think that might be the trend.
3. Are these limited edition variants available in all the colours of Vento?

Thanks.
Old 2nd June 2016, 21:37   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
2. Usually when a limited edition model is launched is it followed by some upgrades in the normal models? I think that might be the trend.

Thanks.
Taking the liberty to answer.

1. Yes, the unit is a Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 which comes with reverse camera support. But point to note is that from what has been shared, the reverse cam is not part of the package.

2. Although not tied to this limited edition itself, there is a chance that there will be an updated Vento coming. There was a Vento with LED headlamps showcased at the Auto Expo- So that is coming at some point. The AVN unit, they keep adding and removing it as part of various editions.

3. The previous limited edition similar to this one was only available I think in white and brown shades. So I assume it will be available only in shades that makes sense for the mods like black roof. Also another point to note is that it may not be available across all variants. The last one was not available in the Automatic Variants. I think this one is though.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 11:36   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post

Thanks.
The new features are as follows :

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-vw.jpg

Rushlane
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:53   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Taking the liberty to answer.

1. Yes, the unit is a Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 which comes with reverse camera support. But point to note is that from what has been shared, the reverse cam is not part of the package.

2. Although not tied to this limited edition itself, there is a chance that there will be an updated Vento coming. There was a Vento with LED headlamps showcased at the Auto Expo- So that is coming at some point. The AVN unit, they keep adding and removing it as part of various editions.

3. The previous limited edition similar to this one was only available I think in white and brown shades. So I assume it will be available only in shades that makes sense for the mods like black roof. Also another point to note is that it may not be available across all variants. The last one was not available in the Automatic Variants. I think this one is though.

I spoke to VW salesperson and he said you can upgrade your existing car with this add-on kit (as usual not sure about it). It will reach the showroom in a week or so. I'll check it once its arrived and post pictures of it.

They are not sure about LED DRL model which was showcased at Auto Expo, but some say it will be available as a facelift model once ameo is launched. So probably we can see this model in festive season this year.
Old 20th June 2016, 08:19   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen India is among the very few bright spots for the car maker today!

Volkswagen has wiped out the accumulated losses on its books in India, becoming one of the quickest foreign auto makers to do so here.

Exports and favourable exchange rate also supports this feat.
Quote:
strong demand for the Vento sedan in Latin America helped the company post a double-digit jump in fiscal 2015 and 2016 output. The way Volkswagen India is structured is also helping.
Quote:
Volkswagen India posted a net profit of Rs 604 crore in fiscal 2015, its filings with the Registrar of Companies showed, and it was sitting on an accumulated profit of just over Rs 390 crore.
Quote:
Volkswagen India has achieved the feat in seven years after it started making investments in a market where global majors like Ford Motor, General Motors and Honda Motor have yet to reach that point, despite being present here for more than a decade and half.
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...wagen/52826360

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th June 2016 at 08:24.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 14:31   #298
BHPian

When is the Tiguan being launched in India and is it going to compete with the Creta on pricing or the S-Cross?
Old 20th June 2016, 14:36   #299
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
When is the Tiguan being launched in India and is it going to compete with the Creta on pricing or the S-Cross?
Forget Creta, it might be priced even above the Tucson as per various reports.

m.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/a-look-at-the-indiabound-volkswagen-tiguan/article8645134.ece
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 15:17   #300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Forget Creta, it might be priced even above the Tucson as per various reports.
True, it will definitely cost more than the current Yeti and hence a starting price of 25-27 lakhs ex-showroom may not be too far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks