Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2013, 10:12   #16
BHPian

Is it only me or the car really seems disproportioned from the back ?
I am not a fan of Compact Sedans anyway.

I suppose the Grand i10 Sedan would take up only a limited market share & would not be able to shake up the market as its elder sibling Verna did.
Moreover now its not only the Desire which it has to match with but also the Amaze which does good numbers every quarter.
A Diesel automatic variant might turn the game though.

IMO It still is a wait & watch game with no concrete information out.

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 15th December 2013 at 10:32.
Old 15th December 2013, 18:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai's Grand i10 Sedan caught testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
All in all this reminds me of the first gen swift desire with its ugly & bulky rear appendage. Someone really needs to take the sub-4m rule and burn it to ashes.
Dear Mate, I would humbly wont agree with the view that the first gen Dzire was ugly as per me. Rather would term the present Dzire to be on the uglier side. Still with due respect to your view I just feel that Taste and looks have subjective meaning to each one of us.

thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 19:13   #18
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

@cardeep - Nice information on the scoop, thanks for sharing!

Good to see Hyundai also use it's popular hatch platform to build an entry level sedan. This will bring more competition to the entry level sedan segment and coming from Hyundai I do expect it to be good enough and will hopefully give Maruti a run for it's money (at least hope it makes Maruti offer significant features/improvements in upcoming yearly revisions/updates), lest they become too complacent

Last edited by NPV : 15th December 2013 at 19:14.
Old 15th December 2013, 23:17   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
I just feel that Taste and looks have subjective meaning to each one of us
+1 that. I am biased towards hatchbacks and not compact sedans. Just feel that extended hatchbacks are neither here not there and hence lose the essence of what the are supposed to be
Old 16th December 2013, 08:00   #20
BHPian

Awesome..brilliant.. Amazing.. Yet another amazing piece of engineering to hit the road soon. The list of contraptions are getting bigger and stronger. Hyundai was missing in the list, and finally they arrived.
For all that we know this may bag dozen awards and win the COTY.
Since many don't care the looks, quality, fineness, proportional design, performance etc (which actually defines the vehicle elsewhere), this may be a mass seller. Hyundai will load their vehicles with all possible features making it a VfM car in their respective segment. Perhaps, this will make dzire and amaze customers look at it seriously.
Old 16th December 2013, 08:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Really interesting times for the compact sedan buyers. You now have Dezire,Amaze and now the Grand I10 sedan. Knowing how the Hyundai's get loaded it will almost become mandatory for the other manufacturers to load their cars. Customers will soon be getting D segment frills for their compact sedans.
Also another interesting fact is that the Dezire still sells 17000 cars a month and the Amaze is selling around 7000. The launch of Amaze has not hit the Dezire volumes? Is there enough market space in the compact sedan class to accommodate another 8-10000 cars of the Grand I10 sedan or will it have an impact on their hatch back siblings?only time will tell. Till then looks like the customer in the compact sedan market will be king.
Old 16th December 2013, 20:11   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar spies the i10 sedan!

Quote:
The new sedan will share a lot with the Grand i10 hatchback. Things like the high-quality dash, front seats, rear air-con vent and the long equipment list are likely to be lifted directly. The 1.2-litre petrol and 1.1-litre diesel are likely to be carried over too.
Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-0_0_355_http___i_haymarket_net_au_extraimages_20131216110511_spy1watermark.jpg

Cheers!
Old 16th December 2013, 20:30   #23
BHPian

Though grand i10 sedan will be loaded with features, we should not forget Swift facelift is around the corner with goodies like cruise control, start stop button, DRLs etc. These should be carried over to Dzire. Also seeing high equipment levels in City 2014 we can expect Amaze facelift(whenever it comes) to also come with good equipment level.

Grand i10 sedan will surely make an impact and will dent both Dzire as well as Amaze's sales. Not to forget it will come with FE around 23-24 thanks to 1.1L CRDI.
Old 16th December 2013, 20:44   #24
BHPian

The Grand i10 was a pretty good looking hatch! I was just wishing all these days that atleast this hatchback would live without a so-called "sedan" version! But, thanks to Hyundai and the stupid 4m law, my hopes are thrashed. Something tells me this would look better than the rest of the CS, but still, fixing a boot to a hatch doesn't bring the quality of a sedan in it. One thing good about hyundai is they never skimp on part quality (relatively) and gizmos! Lets hope for the best
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 20:53   #25
BHPian

Manufacturers selling (or planning to sell) in India need not invest much in r & d to bring the best cars from their stable.
All they need is ONE good design model (be it hatch or sedan) loaded with gizmos, it can be shrinked or elongated to compete in various segments.
Indigo CS was the pioneer, dzire got it right, amaze got inspired, sail got lost and now Hyundai streeeeetched grand10!!!!!
harishpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 12:31   #26
BHPian

This one looks less awkward than the Amaze!!
But what about ride quality? hyundai has the problem of their cars not handling very well in high speeds (boating tendencies). I do not know about the ride of the Grand I-10. Can experts really suggest what an additional boot in the rear can do to its handling and ride??
Old 17th December 2013, 12:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Is that a spoiler??
Yes the way creases are appearing on the cloth sheet wrapped on the boot, it appears to be a rear spoiler.
Old 18th December 2013, 16:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Some more photos of the I10 grand Sedan. Just passing the Hyundai factory. This test mule came out of the factory and is headed towards Chennai. Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-image3168053967.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-image2404985840.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-image2867234426.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-image2566047670.jpg  

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 18th December 2013 at 16:38.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 17:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Some more photos of the I10 grand Sedan. Just passing the Hyundai factory. This test mule came out of the factory and is headed towards Chennai. Attachment 1180089
Love the high mount stop lamp on this car. Looks like Hyundai is going the LED way.
Old 18th December 2013, 17:32   #30
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Some more photos of the I10 grand Sedan. Just passing the Hyundai factory. This test mule came out of the factory and is headed towards Chennai.
Great catch there, Arjun!

This variant does get height adjustable headrests, which is great! If they have changed the seats, then there is a small possibility that side (and maybe curtain) airbags may be included as well.

As pointed out by zenren, the third stop lamp seems to be a high-mounted LED one.

Also the inner rear-view mirror seems to be electrochromic. Which means a reverse camera with display on the mirror may also be a part of the top-end model's feature list.

Last edited by RSR : 18th December 2013 at 17:34.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks