Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2014, 22:56   #106
BHPian

Re: Budget 2014 - Car prices to come down due to reduction in Excise Duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Does anyone know if Skoda Octavia prices have been revised?

Their website still shows old data

I think they are going to announce it this saturday. They've asked dealers not to bill any vehicles till then.
joethomasv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 08:49   #107
Senior - BHPian

Here is the detail on benefits passed by Maruti, Hyundai, Mahindra, Volkswagen and Nissan post the cut in excise duty.

Quote:
Volkswagen reduced prices across models. Prices for Volkswagen Polo have been reduced by Rs.18,000-31,000, Vento by Rs.14,500-27,000 and Jetta by Rs.38,000-51,000.

Hyundai Motor India said its price reduction benefit would be applicable to all models from the Eon to Santa Fe. The quantum of benefit will vary from Rs.10,000 to Rs.135,300 across models, a statement said.

Nissan India said its price reduction in the range of 4-6 per cent would apply to Micra Active, Micra, Sunny, Evalia, Terrano and Teana.

Mahindra & Mahindra also announced price cuts in its passenger vehicle portfolio ranging from Rs.13,000 to Rs.49,000. A company statement said it would also reduce prices of its premium SUV Rexton by up to Rs.92,000.

Maruti Suzuki cut the price of its entry-level Alto hatchback by Rs.8,502, while the maximum reduction of Rs.30,984 was for its top-end variant of the SX4 sedan.

It also revised the price of its recently launched Celerio car, lowering it by Rs.13,615. The price of the Alto K10 was reduced by Rs.11,304 and that of the entry-level variant of Omni was cut by Rs.8,698. The multipurpose vehicle Eeco will become cheaper by Rs.10,881. MSI reduced the price of the entry-level variant of the WagonR hatchback by Rs.12,578 and that of A-Star by Rs.13,482. The price of the compact car Estillo was cut by Rs.12,148 and that of hatchback Ritz by Rs.15,130. Prices of the Swift and DZire models have been lowered by Rs.15,874 and Rs.17,884, respectively. The company also cut the price of multi-utility vehicle Ertiga by Rs.18,747 and that of the SX4 sedan in the range of Rs.16,618-30,984.
Maruti, Hyundai, Mahindra, Volkswagen and Nissan have slashed prices
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 10:09   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Why would you still want to buy a Skoda, even after all the threads on this website?
Because for every thread bashing Skoda there are many perfectly happy owners.

They do happen to offer the best value across the range with the only (and it is a doozie of one) drawback being A.S.S; After 4-5 years of ownership, I am happily running my Laura TSI with average maintenance costs of Rs.1 per km. To be honest, my Innova has been more of a pain to maintain. The difference is, when I have an issue with a Toyota dealership, the corporate hammer of god comes crashing down on it. Not so with Skoda, but I do enjoy my Laura. The same can not be said of any Toyota I have owned, with the exception of the Qualis. My next daily driver in 2-3 years time will be probably be a Skoda. Superb if I am chauffeured. Their upcoming premium SUV if I decide I need it or a Laura TSI if I am driving myself.
imp! is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 10:30   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Why would you still want to buy a Skoda, even after all the threads on this website?
Basically,

"A fool and his money are soon parted" goes the saying.

But for some reason, Skoda cars have a special place in my heart. I used to watch Skoda cars in awe when I was in college. And, I can never forget when I went to a Skoda showroom many years ago (I had a Ford Ikon 1.6 then, which was replaced by Honda City (2010) ) -In-between, I was seeing if I can upgrade to a base model Octavia (Laura was about to be launched).

I was so awed by the Octavia - The heaviness of the door, absolutely ravenous boot, the build quality etc. I was checking out a Chevy Optra. One of the colors (some White Diamond) was priced 15K more because it had 2 coats of paints. Skoda guys told me every car has 7 coats of paints (read it in the brochure as well)

The test drive was so amazing. (I test drove the first gen vRS).

It was simply beyond my budget. I never felt bad about not being able to buy, say, a Porsche because, I knew it was well beyond my budget. But, I really felt bad that I couldn't afford a Skoda then.

Few years have passed - Since I need two cars, I still couldn't afford a Skoda. I have an Honda City-V (2011) and New Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium+ (2012). (And 3 bikes ) all paid in full (esp because I was an entrepreneur and banks don't give loans to my kind)

The New Skoda Octavia esp the 1.8 TSI has been making me go weak in the knees. I am back to working and I can even take a loan! So, was wondering if I should go ahead and buy the car I have wanted for so long. (Even tempted to get its big brother A4)

There are reasons why I sound perfectly illogical - But, in matters of heart, there is no logic. Is it not?
sriramv.iyer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 11:13   #110
BHPian

Honda 2 wheelers has revised their prices online, finally. It's a more than 2K decrease in price for the STD variant:

Name:  trigger.png
Views: 2676
Size:  11.6 KB
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 11:17   #111
BHPian

Haven't read anything from Ford guys. Anybody has any update.

I am keen to know the revised prices of Ford classic.
Old 20th February 2014, 11:22   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Basically,

"A fool and his money are soon parted" goes the saying.
There are reasons why I sound perfectly illogical - But, in matters of heart, there is no logic. Is it not?
I really liked this reply. there are times where you are ready to take a wife too using arranged marriage ;-)
MuzzledMoose is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 11:30   #113
BHPian

Looks like Greedy Ford guys yet to announce anything on the price cut. Being a Ford fan, I am totally disappointed with Ford on recent events w.r.t Ecosport pricing.
Old 20th February 2014, 11:39   #114
BHPian

Budget 2014 - Car prices to come down due to reduction in Excise Duty!

I don't like the way manufacturers and politicians take the mango man for a ride.

Every manufacturer had revised his prices north just before the new year and now they've reduced prices and are luring in consumers with this tactic. By Jove, cruelest joke played by P.C "hey guys on eve of the upcoming elections I've reduced prices but you can't buy anything because the last two years you couldn't have saved a dime from the uber high prices of everyday products"

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 20th February 2014 at 11:41.
D'Artagnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 11:42   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post

Got a call from the Ford dealership asking me to reduce the down payment by 15k owing to impending price cuts. This for a Figo TDCI EXi booked on 12.2.2014 scheduled for delivery on 28.2.14. On query, they stated that they are yet to receive any revised price list. The SA was just acting on his manager's directives.
mi2n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 11:47   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford, Skoda and Renault have not yet made any announcements regarding the price cuts due to the lowered excise duties.
Are working on the details, to be out in a day or two.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 12:08   #117
BHPian

My SA from Hyundai showroom in Hosur TN called with the revised price for Hyundai i20 ASTA CRDi 2014 model. The prices are as below,

Regards,

Ram.
Attached Thumbnails
Budget 2014 - Car prices to come down due to reduction in Excise Duty!-untitled.jpg  

Ramp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 13:04   #118
BHPian

Skoda has updated their price list.
I can't understand their strategy, Rapid 1.6 TDI has come down by just ₹20k odd. Earlier the diff between Ambition Plus and Ambition plus + Alloy was just ₹15k, now its more than ₹35k.

I am in the market for entry level diesel sedan. Below my short list.
Honda City V - Hoping against hope it comes below ₹10 lac mark.
Hyundai Verna - Eager to see price cut on SX
Skoda Rapid - Disappointed that its not 4% cut on the top-end variant.
Renault Scala - RXz was ₹10.07. Price cut should make it a contender again.
Old 20th February 2014, 13:36   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post

Well abhi I've also booked ford classic before the budget announcement. I have been following up with the dealership about the price cut. Spoke to the manager a while back.
No official price list as of now and he expects it by evening. Will post it here as soon as I get to know. I've booked petrol top variant.
jaswant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 13:49   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvagp View Post
Skoda has updated their price list.
I can't understand their strategy, Rapid 1.6 TDI has come down by just ₹20k odd. Earlier the diff between Ambition Plus and Ambition plus + Alloy was just ₹15k, now its more than ₹35k.

I am in the market for entry level diesel sedan. Below my short list.
Honda City V - Hoping against hope it comes below ₹10 lac mark.
Hyundai Verna - Eager to see price cut on SX
Skoda Rapid - Disappointed that its not 4% cut on the top-end variant.
Renault Scala - RXz was ₹10.07. Price cut should make it a contender again.
Overall Auto industry has been facing challenges and with thin margins, do not expect them to pass all benefits to customers.

For Honda City, they have already released the updated range officially. The base model has gone down by about 22K while the top end model has gone down only by 18K (all ex showroom prices Delhi). Either the dealer margin or their own margin has affected lower reduction on top end models

More information on this topic I posted on another thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3373529
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks