Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2006, 13:05   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united
I always thought that only replacing the engine in a bike was not allowed. But chasis ?! *** ?? I bought the bike and I'm gonna do whatever I fell like pleases me.
Sure you can, but with a chasis, that has been endrosed by the RTO to be used safely on road for that make of bike. Basically this means if your fiero has an accident and the chasis is badly damaged you can change the chasis with a new fiero chassis only, and get the new chassis number updated in your Blue Book/RC. Or you are headed for trouble. In jail for a stolen Bike.

Or If you want to modify in such way that the actuall design is no longer adhered to, either get RTO approval, to run it on road, or run it only in a private property. Remember, if your bike does not have a RTO approval you can never get insurance, and it is illegal to run it on public roads.

Last edited by sumitkalindi : 8th July 2006 at 13:10.
Old 8th July 2006, 13:58   #17
Awaiting Email Confirmation

man this is getting thick, if all of us keep putting down pointers on how to stop from getting caught,what we dont realize is that people read on this forum and guests are allowed too so I'd suggest if its an illegal method of doing something can we please use PM's for that on the site...Just a thought.However I'd like to add that your illegal suggestions are welcome coz I'll be needing them LOL!
Old 8th July 2006, 19:17   #18
BHPian

By the way even neon lights, aftermarket body kits are illegal if we go by the law
Old 9th July 2006, 23:26   #19
BANNED

Any idea if changing the bike colour could be a problem ? do we need to get the new colour endorced in the RC book ?

Last edited by sfilinto : 9th July 2006 at 23:28.
Old 10th July 2006, 07:44   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Safer to do so -it is a change w.r.t what's in the RC book.
Old 10th July 2006, 16:22   #21
BHPian

how about rear spoliers? And espacially if a spoiler extends the length of your vehicle? Must tie a red cloth to it if you go by the rule books
Old 10th July 2006, 17:05   #22
BHPian

Not Exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfilinto
Any idea if changing the bike colour could be a problem ? do we need to get the new colour endorced in the RC book ?

Most Times It Will Only Pose A Threat To You When You Go For The Passing Of The Bike, I Never Had A Problem When I Went To Pass The Rx100.

However A Friend Of Mine Had To Switch His Rear Tyre On The P180 Back To The Original When He Went To Pass His Bike...
Old 10th July 2006, 17:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx
man this is getting thick, if all of us keep putting down pointers on how to stop from getting caught,what we dont realize is that people read on this forum and guests are allowed too so I'd suggest if its an illegal method of doing something can we please use PM's for that on the site...Just a thought.However I'd like to add that your illegal suggestions are welcome coz I'll be needing them LOL!
Sorry if I put some illegal ideas in some peoples mind. But this was just a eye opener about how things work, here. And yes this is a widely used idea. Any tour operator would have used this means atleast once. I can bet my life on it.
Old 4th September 2007, 21:28   #24
BHPian

Does jetting an engine also requires RTO approval????? this is sick.
Old 6th September 2007, 11:27   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by men_in_jean View Post
Does jetting an engine also requires RTO approval????? this is sick.
I wouldnt worry about it, as there is no way they can easily check!

cya
R
Old 6th September 2007, 11:39   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfilinto View Post
I dont think for changing colour RTO has to be notified as colour is not mentioned in the RC Book. I have checked my RC Book and colour is not mentioned anywhere.
Old 6th September 2007, 11:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Look carefully, I think its mentioned and you have to notify the RTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I dont think for changing colour RTO has to be notified as colour is not mentioned in the RC Book. I have checked my RC Book and colour is not mentioned anywhere.
Old 6th September 2007, 11:46   #28
Team-BHP Support

I agree with dadu. It is mandated that color changes need to be updated with the RTO.
Old 6th September 2007, 12:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Well this gets stranger and stranger... my Cedia Sports has the details of the spirit/select in the RC book even though its named Sports.

The Sport weighs 1225kg and the select weighs 1210kg. The sports has a length of 4595mm vs the select which is 4480mm. All the details in my RC refer to the select's specs.

Does that mean mitsu is selling a modified and illegal car from factory?
Old 6th September 2007, 12:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Worth finding out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
You mean to tell me that every one of DC's designs had an NOC from the manufacturer and RTA?
I, for one, would be very keen to know the answer to this.
There are many issues about which many of us have no 'gyaan'. It is only through such forums that the process of learning carries on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks