Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2014, 21:18   #136
BANNED

Re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems, now Audi wants to change CD player for a stuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Its shocking that brand like AUDI doesnt cover the tyre under warranty. Even tata replaced my indixa xeta tyre free of cost as there was a manufacuring fault.
Sorry for the

Tata replaced the tyre under warranty or the tyre manufacturer replaced it under warranty?!

Indian laws are funny buddy with absolutely NO consumer protection.

Anurag.
Old 10th June 2014, 23:27   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems, now Audi wants to change CD player for a stuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sorry for the

Tata replaced the tyre under warranty or the tyre manufacturer replaced it under warranty?!

Indian laws are funny buddy with absolutely NO consumer protection.

Anurag.
I went to tata A.S.S and tata guys called a person from tyre company. He checked the tyre and replaced it within a week.
Old 11th June 2014, 11:50   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Replacing a part free of cost isn't doing their best. Instead, it is the very least that they are obligated to do.

See, this is how the Indian consumer has become. We have been starved of our rights to such an extent that when somebody starts servicing a customer the way they are supposed to we think they are obliging us with their kindness.

A manufacturer selling a car which has to wait for 2 months in a workshop for a replacement part is nothing short of criminal. A piece of machinery going bad isn't where the problem is, its the attitude that the customer encounters, thanks to the 'zero is the number of damns I give' after sales team, which creates a bigger mess.

But where does the consumer go, we have no place to go. With limited options, absolutely no concept of customer service and medieval laws, Indian customer is simply at the mercy of the service/product provider. This paragraph is now a cliche on this forum, no point in ranting about this further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't it their duty to replace parts that are defective under warranty at the cost of the company and NOT the customer.

Audi or any manufacture is not doing us a favor by changing parts under warranty but they accept the issue and bear for it.

Audi here hasn't done anything great to be applauded but just their duty.

Anurag.
Totally agree with you. All I was saying is that this is not the case only with Audi, but all other German luxury cars. That's it. I was trying to say that at least the Audi guys have done their duty. There are instances where the service guys do even worse with some uneducated customers.

(I met a person 6 months ago through a friend of mine who got a 5 series with the money from real estate boom. While having a chit chat about the car I came to know that the car had some engine problem and he was billed 3 lacs for it. He couldn't even explain properly about what happened when I asked him. When I told him that the car is under warranty and he may not need to pay, he simply said "Chod do. Ho gaya.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 21:01   #139
Senior - BHPian

Does this mean that luxury car manufacturers are hell bent on making sure that one way or the other they should find ways for not honoring warranties?. Many of the forum members practically make few changes within initial few days of their ownership which may include
- ICE
- Tuner boxes (buy & fix kinds and not remapping of ECU)
- Tyre and Rims

And I have not heard anyone worried about warranty unless they are really negligent or get too experimental with their cars. Are these luxury cars that sensitive to even small changes (exception could be tuning box) but changing Tyre resulting in warranty loss - Are you kidding me?

My friend owns a Volvo and he is quite happy with the machine, both from ASS and fuss free claims through dealership (barring a case when the part was not in inventory), the dealer provided him with a C2 sedan for those days and a constant update on part availability and repair (without follow-up).

God save these Germans and from their German Machines.

Good that most of the industrial technology in India is supplied by US and Japan. Even for large thermal plants (super critical technology) - India is no longer buying it from Germany !

Cheers

Last edited by i74js : 11th June 2014 at 21:03.
Old 14th June 2014, 09:08   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Does this mean that luxury car manufacturers are hell bent on making sure that one way or the other they should find ways for not honoring warranties?. Many of the forum members practically make few changes within initial few days of their ownership which may include
- ICE
- Tuner boxes (buy & fix kinds and not remapping of ECU)
- Tyre and Rims

And I have not heard anyone worried about warranty unless they are really negligent or get too experimental with their cars. Are these luxury cars that sensitive to even small changes (exception could be tuning box) but changing Tyre resulting in warranty loss - Are you kidding me?

You're spot on. I've tried changing the alloy wheels on my Beamer but the dealer was quick to point out that if I change the alloys , the warranty for suspension will be void. Although haven't faced this problem with tires. Have some friends who've installed aftermarket tires. No problems with warranty.

Mailed BMW several times about this, but they haven't bothered to reply.
Old 26th June 2014, 18:33   #141
BHPian

Ideally speaking with the series of failures like the ones you mentioned, You should rightfully ask them to replace the Car for such pathetic quality spares used, a 50L worth car breaking down this way is unacceptable. Try your best to get things done by Audi themselves. If not take the Legal Route to get the car replaced(dont know whether its possible, figure out) if the series of failures continue to happen. But your experience does raise a question on the Audi's quality checks and whether the car is a lemon ?
Old 16th July 2014, 15:22   #142
BHPian

So the car is back from the dealer. It turns out that there were two CDs in the player. It was not Audi's fault. How the second CD went in and started to play when there was another CD already in there is mystery, but suffice to say that Audi's quality was not at fault. I thank Audi was fixing this for free and not charging me for the labor.

I am very satisfied, including with the other work the car had gone in for (I had a fender bender with a taxi that jumped a red light), which has been done to perfection. Audi made it extremely painless and stress free for me. I hope everybody can get this level of painless and caring service without having to draw the attention of management.

That said, I have to say that given the car's lack of reliability, its fragility in Indian conditions, and the mind blowing parts and labor prices, the costs that have been billed to the warranty so far, I cannot take a risk on the car's reliability and cost of repair after the warranty expires.

However, for now Audi has taken very good care of me, and my fullest thanks and appreciation to the company, its dealer and their staff.

Last edited by Harbir : 16th July 2014 at 15:25.
Harbir is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 16:13   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
It turns out that there were two CDs in the player. It was not Audi's fault. How the second CD went in and started to play when there was another CD already in there is mystery, but suffice to say that Audi's quality was not at fault. I thank Audi was fixing this for free and not charging me for the labor.
Harbir, 2nd CD logic is weird. Were you present when the "2nd CD" was taken out or you simply believed what Audi told you? I am saying this because I feel there was lack of attention towards cause of the issue highlighted by you from your end as you say that it's not Audi's fault.

I am not saying that you shouldn't thank Audi for their free service but did you make an attempt to check your car's CD player for this "2nd CD" prior to opening up the thread for discussing the issue?

We all gave n-number of logic and solutions but today in the end we are being told that it was not Audi's fault and there was a 2nd CD. It's hard to digest.

Thanks.
Old 16th July 2014, 16:17   #144
BHPian

I believe it because they gave them both back to me and both were mine. The other CD was an ustad Bismillah Khan performance, and it would be pretty improbable that they would go out and buy a random CD and have it turn out to be exactly the same one I had.

EDIT: If you have suspicion on me, I don't know what to tell you. In a culture where everyone is for sale and everyone has a cover story to hide their dishonesty, I should expect suspicion, and given the previous attack on my honesty in this thread, I now expect to be suspected. its up to you whether you believe me or not.

Last edited by Harbir : 16th July 2014 at 16:29.
Harbir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 17:24   #145
BHPian

Having no horses here, it is really not surprising why Harbir may have gone ballistic. The price of nearly Rs.86000/- for CD repair is simply not fair. Also, it is simple to see, apologies if it sounds trivial, why there may have been two CDs and the user/owner not aware of it. Quite often it becomes difficult to insert a single CD, say bad CDs, inside the music system. It then is completely out of users thoughts that there may have been 2 CDs in it. What I am saying is that such fault may not have occurred to the user. Moreover, Audi has already taken unreasonable time to identify the problem of 2 CDs

Last edited by GTO : 18th July 2014 at 10:58. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 16th July 2014, 17:38   #146
BHPian

I didn't know it occurred from my end. I hadn't driven the car in the month, I put the CD in, it went it, it started to play and when it came time to eject it, it wouldn't eject. I had no recollection of the other CD.

I've accepted that Audi was not at fault and appreciated them for fixing it despite it not being their fault. What was the car's fault (unreliability) and my view on the long term ownership prospects, I've shared those to. I suppose this makes neither forum members nor Audi happy.

THose of you who are suspicious of me, I'm sorry. The rest, thank you for your support and guidance in this.

Last edited by GTO : 18th July 2014 at 10:58. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Harbir is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 17:55   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....Editing out previously quoted text, which stands edited in the original post

Thanks again, everyone who was helpful. Cheers.
Harbir, first of all, thanks a lot for updating the thread that a solution to your problem has been given by Audi. Good on them. Particularly, when it was your fault, not theirs.

Secondly, appreciate the courage to own up your mistake. You could have easily come back to the forum with a fancy story.

Please do not feel agitated. Wish that you have a great ownership of your Audi and will be glad to hear more from you on the forum!

@ad3952n: Buddy, let us applaud the fact that Harbir has come back to us honestly. I see your view but such mistakes may happen. Cheers!

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 16th July 2014 at 18:04. Reason: Editing the quoted part.
Old 16th July 2014, 18:16   #148
BHPian

Quote:
So the car is back from the dealer. It turns out that there were two CDs in the player. It was not Audi's fault. How the second CD went in and started to play when there was another CD already in there is mystery, but suffice to say that Audi's quality was not at fault.
Good to hear that you car is back with you and the issues are sorted.

However I would think that Audi quality is at fault if the player allows two cds to be insereted in one slot - and even plays a disc when another one is still there! Good technology is supposed to be foolproof. Humans make mistakes and are forgetful and that is why good products solve for these things at design stage itself. I have never heard of two discs occupying the same slot in a cd player - no matter how pedestrian the player is. So if the player on the Audi does allow that then IMO they have no right to charge you for stuck cds or whatever else follows. Its like having no crank protection and then charging the customer for fried internals if the driver accidently cranks again. All that is my opinion of course.
Old 16th July 2014, 18:26   #149
BANNED

Quote:
So the car is back from the dealer. It turns out that there were two CDs in the player. It was not Audi's fault.
Good that the source of the problem has been found and the issue solved.

Why don't you start using pen drives / bluetooth?!

Happy for for you Harbir.

Anurag.
Old 16th July 2014, 18:27   #150
BHPian

Quote:
So the car is back from the dealer. It turns out that there were two CDs in the player.
Hi Harbir

Just a quick question mate: Does your A6 have a multi cd changer or a single disc player?

I only ask this cause i am yet to use the cd player on my Mercedes and would therefore be extra careful while loading up some CD's for dad since he is driving out of town over the weekend.

Hopefully all your other issues were resolved as well. Wish you a fuss free drive in the future.

Thanks
Rohan

Most Viewed