Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2014, 19:09   #31
BHPian

re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems.. UPDATE: CD stuck by owner, Audi repairs for free

Well! I think you should go ahead with the replacement as I dont think the CD would be at fault and the whole process will fall under warranty. Make, sure you are present when they remove the CD from the player. They can only hold the CD at fault if it is bent which is highly unlikely. Dont leave the CD with the dealer to tamper.
The only reason a CD could bend is heat but modern CDs are quite resistant.

Another thing you can do is to prove your point. Once they have the CD out, (only if you are sure its fine) try putting it in the replaced CD player
Kidding! dont do that

On a serious note! It has been a Sad turn of events for you. I hope all your future ownerships are trouble free.
Old 3rd June 2014, 19:36   #32
BHPian

re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems.. UPDATE: CD stuck by owner, Audi repairs for free

Just a few days back my friend who has an A4 told me about a ridiculous Rs. 50,000 estimate to replace a sensor wire that was damaged by a rat. Seems it was a very selective rat, who went & attacked the ABS sensor wire and left the others alone!
Old 3rd June 2014, 20:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
He said they will remove the player, and extract the CD and if they decide that the CD is at fault then warranty will not cover replacement of the CD Player.
That is some A-level retarded BS. It's not like you put in a cassette tape into a CD player to intentionally damage it.

So, from now on, are we supposed to carefully analyze a damn CD before inserting it into one of their precious CD players?
ashwin489 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 20:38   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Just a few days back my friend who has an A4 told me about a ridiculous Rs. 50,000 estimate to replace a sensor wire that was damaged by a rat. Seems it was a very selective rat, who went & attacked the ABS sensor wire and left the others alone!
It can be soldered if not too near the connector.

A rat chewed my brake fluid sensor wire.

In both cases, VW merely soldered it
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 20:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Failure of the airbag module is a very serious defect. Apart from the brand image, one of the major considerations in buying these expensive cars is the safety aspect. Don't we flay some manufacturers for focussing on FE and reliability at the cost of safety issues? I think it is a cardinal sin (if I may call it that) for a 50 lac vehicle to have an airbag module failure.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 21:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

I can empathize with your situation . My Skoda superb gave me so much trouble I made sure no one in my entire circle ever bought a skoda again.
Coming to your plight , I suggest legal route . Speak to an attorney and see what options are available to you. Also , though i highly doubt the dealer would accommodate but in my case when I went to the dealer I was quite vocal off my displeasure and bullied them into repairing my car. It obviously helped that I took a sumo full of my friends each weighing 240 pounds . It got messy but the car was finally repaired under warranty.
Dont let him bully you or use any pressure tactics on you.

Last edited by bigron : 3rd June 2014 at 21:05.
Old 3rd June 2014, 21:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
A CRM from the dealer called. He clarified that it's 85000 to replace the player. He said they will remove the player, and extract the CD and if they decide that the CD is at fault then warranty will not cover replacement of the CD Player. I expressed my displeasure quite the vocally and was assured of satisfaction and he said he'd call me back in a while.
ROFL, CD Is at fault, like how ? U grew some mango trees on the Cd and inserted it inside for them to even THINK that the CD is at fault.

If they don't budge, go to some Local Audio fitment guy and he'll remove it in a jiffy.
Old 3rd June 2014, 21:52   #38
BHPian

When your car was at the dealership waiting for the transmission to arrive from Brazil, did they provide a courtesy car during those two months??
Old 3rd June 2014, 22:12   #39
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Looks like VW and its sister brands will be stuck with the "Expensive" after sales tag.

85K is really expensive even if they replace the unit.

Why don't you take it to a capable accessories store and explain your situation. These people usually have some jugaadu tricks.

One of our relative who has a A4 had to shell out 30K due to some problem with the steering. It was later found out that a rat was behind the cause.
Old 3rd June 2014, 22:26   #40
BHPian

Shocked to say the least!! The CDs are the least of the troubles... Airbag sensor failure & a gearbox failure... that is severe to say the least.
My sympathies...
Old 3rd June 2014, 23:24   #41
BHPian

The car is definitely a lemon, with a transmission failure.
Approach their team on twitter, but make this incident into a blog and ask your friends to share it out. Make sure it is there on their FB page.

E-mail them give them this thread title and ask them to review their brand damage and if they wish for you to go ahead further. I think this should work.

Also, please sell the car off ASAP, you don't know what is going to fail next.
Old 4th June 2014, 00:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, please sell the car off ASAP, you don't know what is going to fail next.
Not really a choice. If thats the case one would sell any car other than probably toyota every other day.

Selling is not an option post spending the 60L.

Buying a german car has its own advantages while the service and spares can make you feel like you could have bought a fleet of toyota and ran a taxi job.

I just got an Accord here in the states. The car is big, beautiful and drives exceptionally well. Yet IMHO it is no where close to my smaller Jetta back home. The suspension alone is a winner for me in Jetta and i havent even shared my feedback about interiors, the dash, noise inside and what not. Someone who has driven a german car for sometime will find it hard to believe some things are not basic. In no way Accord is inferior, but when you drive them both you will invariably pick the jetta every time you have a chance to choose. For the money i have to start my work here Accord was the sane choice for i am not ready for managing expenses that a german car will throw . Pure financial reasons to go for a n accord.

In this case the owner still loves the ride, but the service is as expected as from a german car maker. A beamer out of warranty and service plan is such an expensive piece of equipment to maintain and its not a joke.

I hope some sanity prevails over fixing a CD. I would have done some DIY searching across the net for the cd unit is pretty easy to take out. But a 60L car deserves a decent treatment if not good.

Audi- dont be a skoda
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 10:13   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post

So, from now on, are we supposed to carefully analyze a damn CD before inserting it into one of their precious CD players?
When a car has 5 major failures in its 18K kms run, including a transmission failure, you have plenty of time for analyzing CDs, saved from the hassles of driving the car.
Old 4th June 2014, 10:46   #44
BHPian

I really feel sorry for you. After paying over 50L for a luxury car, you had within a short time, a series of failures, that too quite critical parts like the transmission and airbags. Obviously, the dealer is taking you for a ride. You should do
1. Write all the details of the problems that you had like a short story in chronological order and send it to Audi in Germany. It is always better to deal with the top brass, as I have found out from my experience. I am sure they will take it seriously, as they are in a race with Merc and BMW for the top position in India. Do it soon.
2. Contact a good lawyer and find out your position in the matter as a consumer and take it to the consumer forum
3. Splash the details of your problem and the dealer response all over the social media.
Keep us posted of the results
Old 4th June 2014, 11:41   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Our Audi A6 with multiple problems, now Audi wants to change CD player for a stuc

Harbir, really upsetting to know your situation and any luxury car owner will be completely disappointed and will lose confidence in such a renowned brand when they go through such harrowing experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Can you tell us your experience with Audi as to how the other issues were handled and the reasons why a car that is 2 years old had these issues.
+1 Viddy

Even Iam keen to understand how and when these major issues occured and how they were resolved

Harbir, appreciate a detailed input on those major issues and please share pictures and other details so other Audi owners can benefit/be wary from your experience
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks