Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 11:34   #76
BHPian

Re: 2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridutt View Post
I live in Bangalore, and the first thing we look for here is ground clearance. Has that gone up from the "Scrape everything in sight" level yet on this one? any idea?
I own a 2012 Sunny and it is not that bad on the humps. With 4 adults there is no issue on any of the properly designed humps inside Bangalore. The monster car/back breakers on the outskirts (Eg. Sarjapur road near Decathlon, or a couple on the Sarjapur Attibele road) could be an issue if not handled carefully. Generally a lot better than say the old Honda City (pre 2014 facelift) or a Honda Civic or the Ford Classic
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 12:50   #77
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea about the the 2017 Sunny. I'll be in the market for a sedan to replace my 7 year old Honda City. Is an all new nissan sunny in the works? Any input would be great.
Old 17th January 2017, 15:31   #78
Senior - BHPian

2017 Nissan Sunny gets new exterior colour & all-black cabin

Nissan has launched the 2017 model year Sunny in India. It comes with minor exterior and interior tweaks, but remains mechanically unchanged. The new Sunny has been introduced without any price change and will be available in Nissan dealerships across the country from today.

The 2017 Sunny gets a new exterior colour option - Sandstone Brown. Post this addition, the Sunny can now be opted in 6 colours: Pearl White, Blade Silver, Bronze Grey, Deep Grey, Night Shade and Sandstone Brown. The car also gets chrome door handles. On the inside, the dashboard layout remains identical to the previous model, though customers can now opt for an all-black cabin, including black fabric seats and door panels.

No mechanical changes have been made to the Sunny, as it is still available with two engine options: a 1498 cc HR15 petrol and a 1461 cc k9k dCi diesel. The petrol unit is available with a 5-speed manual or an Xtronic CVT gearbox, while the diesel comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.

Ex-showroom Delhi prices of the 2017 Nissan Sunny are:
• XE P - Rs. 7,91,300
• XE D - Rs. 8,80,066
• XL P - Rs. 8,40,133
• XL D - Rs. 9,46,035
• XV D - Rs. 9,93,000
• XV D Safety - Rs. 10,76,011
• XV CVT - Rs. 10,89,263

2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look-unnamed.jpg

2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look-unnamed-1.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News
dZired is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 17:29   #79
BHPian

The facelift should have had a revamped dash with LED lights thrown in on the outside. The 'facelift' doesn't do justice on an otherwise brilliant car.
Old 17th January 2017, 19:00   #80
BHPian

Another good opportunity to add some essential features for a car of thissegment is lost. Would love to see at least the led DRL's showcased in the Sunny Sportech Edition in Auto Expo. Along with that Touchscreen AVN unit with navigation should have bottom some extra bling in the otherwise bland interiors. Though i like the all black interiors. But still in a nutshell adding another paint job won't actually count as an update.
Old 20th April 2017, 14:47   #81
Senior - BHPian

2017 Nissan Sunny Launched, Starts from 6.99 lakhs.

Quote:
"Local production of this car enables significantly lower costs and this helps serve our customers faster with global levels of quality products. We pass on these benefits to our customers with very competitive prices for the Nissan Sunny, our popular premium sedan.”
Quote:
Nissan Sunny with continuously variable transmission (CVT) now comes at Rs 8.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Prices (Ex-Showroom Delhi)

Petrol XE Rs 6,99,000
Petrol XL Rs 7,59,000
Petrol XV CVT Rs 8,99,000

Diesel XE Rs 7,49,000
Diesel XL Rs 7,99,000
Diesel XV Rs 8,99,000

Source
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 09:10   #82
BHPian

I must admit I had preconceived notions about the Sunny but a 500+km trip in an associates 5 year old diesel made me realize what an underrated car it is. I was a back seat passenger for the entire journey but at no time did I feel the 'soft' suspension even on the Palamaner ghats. My associate who is a good driver drove throughout, and even from the back seat I could tell that the 86 odd horses that it had was more than enough to pass and keep up with traffic with ease at 120. The best bit was the engine, which sounded nice and sweet even when revved to about 4k, but noticed that the sweet spot to get best passing torque was about 3k. The only fly in the ointment was a very slight drone between 2000 and 2500 when cruising which was annoying, but other than that the car felt tight, and squeak free.

I also sat in the backseat of Amaze diesel for about 50 km which sounded and felt like a tractor in comparison.

Moral of story: Must remember never to prejudge a car by gut feelings or what others say.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 11:02   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
I must admit I had preconceived notions about the Sunny but a 500+km trip in an associates 5 year old diesel made me realize what an underrated car it is. I was a back seat passenger for the entire journey but at no time did I feel the 'soft' suspension even on the Palamaner ghats. My associate who is a good driver drove throughout, and even from the back seat I could tell that the 86 odd horses that it had was more than enough to pass and keep up with traffic with ease at 120. The best bit was the engine, which sounded nice and sweet even when revved to about 4k, but noticed that the sweet spot to get best passing torque was about 3k. The only fly in the ointment was a very slight drone between 2000 and 2500 when cruising which was annoying, but other than that the car felt tight, and squeak free.

I also sat in the backseat of Amaze diesel for about 50 km which sounded and felt like a tractor in comparison.

Moral of story: Must remember never to prejudge a car by gut feelings or what others say.
Absolutely agree with you about the potential of the car but with the current temperament of Nissan and its dealers is beyond my imagination.

Recently, after the news of the price drop, I thought of giving sunny a try.

Called up 2 dealers near my place. The first dealer right after my enquiry about the availability of a diesel test drive vehicle says 'sir, we don't have any test drive vehicle available be it petrol or diesel but I have a petrol automatic in stock on which I can give you nice discounts if you are willing to buy in this week'

The second dealer out-rightly said sir we dont have any sunny for test drive or in stock but we can book one for you on order a lady then calls me back and takes my no. stating she will call me when they have a test drive vehicle available. More than a week has passed, but nothing.

I tweeted about this to the nissan indian twitter handle, but guess what even they chose not to reply

I wonder what kind of after sales will they be able to provide if such is their attitude in selling the cars
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks