Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2014, 15:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I agree but everyone has different taste, right? Some people don't like too much curves, too aggressive look. Some people prefer simple looking cars, me too. Sunny has many plus points like i mentioned earlier. If Nissan has more dealers to support it with good A.S.S. i am sure it will do better.
Finally Aniket, some positivity from you

After the serious Fiesta bashing scenario, this is a welcome change for sure
Old 19th June 2014, 15:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Is there any other color available for the media drive? Would love to see the new look in all colors. Is there a display for parking sensor? And the big disappointment is lack of Driver arm rest.
The new shade is the dark maroon as I mentioned. It is really dark and not easy to capture in a photograph. Only the top-end has visual indication when reverse is engaged, communicated via the new touchscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsoGT View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the interiors and exteriors are pretty weirdie to look at ?
Actually I think the facelift has done well to balance out the slightly wonky shape and mature the overall look of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschandra View Post
Some thing out of topic, where is this road shown in the 2nd pic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Thank you FlyingSpur. Very nice shots. Andaman ?
It's a coastal road in Port Blair, which was the location of the media drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Is this from XL CVT?
That's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
And I fail to see the logic of having the CVT only in the mid spec XL variant. Power folding OVRMs and reverse camera are very important convenience features that a typical self - driving automatic buyer looks for. Leather seats and alloys may be added as accessories, but power folding OVRMs or steering mounted audio controls are not.
There are two ways to approach this. Offer the AT on the top variant and make people pay for features they may not want - lose customers. Or offer the AT in the mid variant and disappoint the ones that want a fully loaded car - lose customers. Unless AT demand goes mainstream, manufacturers will always have to select one of the two approaches and lose out on some customers while winning others. I know of Skoda that tried to offer ATs across the range with the Laura and they were fairly successful. I think Hyundai does it with the Verna (Fluidic) as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Sunny looks more grown up and changes are not just a splash of chrome. New lights, bumpers, fenders and interior dash change is quite significant. Whatever people did not like in old Sunny has been attended to.

Overall it's a quite a good chauffeur driven package. GTO has one and he is very happy with reliability, FE, rear seat comfort and is working as a perfect chauffeur driven car for the family.
Exactly, it's a great commuter and expecting anything else from it is not realistic.
FlyingSpur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 15:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Finally Aniket, some positivity from you

After the serious Fiesta bashing scenario, this is a welcome change for sure
I am very positive guy only but problem is people didn't understand my point with Fiesta. I personally not against any car, but yes, i have my own opinions. Being from a mechanical background i am interested in automobiles a lot. I really get pissed off when big companies take some really bad decisions, do some really bad things, launch really bad products etc. That's it, nothing more than that.

Coming back to Sunny, i always like this car. It's a car which is difficult to dislike immediately. It looks sober, its reliable, it has both good petrol & diesel models, has acres of space, good interiors and BiiiiiiG Space which will make everyone happy, specially family members
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 18:22   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the great review !

Since the CVT version will come only in one variant does it have ABS & Airbags standard? If not then can it be opted for and at what price?

The review mentions that the top end gets bluetooth but does the mid level CVT also get bluetooth? (I see a phone sign on the HU)

Lastly, has the quality of plastics been improved?

Last edited by Sahil : 19th June 2014 at 18:41.
Old 19th June 2014, 20:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Since the CVT version will come only in one variant does it have ABS & Airbags standard? If not then can it be opted for and at what price?
Will have to check this with Nissan / dealer.

Quote:
The review mentions that the top end gets bluetooth but does the mid level CVT also get bluetooth? (I see a phone sign on the HU)
AFAIK it does, because I did see the roof-mounted mic on the CVT as well.

Quote:
Lastly, has the quality of plastics been improved?
IMO everything on the old Sunny "felt" nice but "looked" terrible. This fixes the "look" to acceptable levels, and the "feel" is still good. Quite well put together, if you ask me.
FlyingSpur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 13:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

I have seen the car in flesh.There is considerable difference in the front.Rear bumpers are changed.Good Stereo in the top end and the steering looks good.The illumination of the new head lamp is better than the older one.The rear camera is also good.
regards,

ram
Old 20th June 2014, 14:38   #37
BHPian

With huge passenger space, useful boot, great mileage and (being Nissan) good reliability, Sunny is best suited to become a Taxi. With 'OLA' taxi kind of colors, even the horrible shape/look also can be forgiven. Easily fits into the club of Etios and Dzire
Old 21st June 2014, 01:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the crisp and clear review. I like the new front of the car. Its very similar to Nissan Altima I recently rented in US. Side profile and rear of the car continues to disappoint. What it needs is some sharper styling and edges to make it tight than big and bulky. Sharing pics of the car I rented in US. Altima also has similar side profile but the sharper lines make it look better though not great.

2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look-20140519_074818_1.jpg
2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look-20140519_074805_1.jpg
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 01:47   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Nissan should defiantly get the Altima in. It's the right time too since the accord and Passat have been discontinued. The superb rules the segment and Camry has limited sale. If they can price the Altima between 20-22 lakhs they can pull a winner. This will also help the brand image that currently is percieved as a low-mid level brand in India.
Wish the japs were as proactive as the Germans to increase their offerings.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 10:28   #40
BHPian

Nice review Flying Spur and great pics.
The Nissan Sunny still has no competition if you are looking for a work horse, chauffeur driven with acres of space in the rear bench. The 1.5 L dci engine is super efficient too !
Old 21st June 2014, 13:36   #41
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent Review, thanks for sharing
The pictures are excellent, the one on the home page of TBHP that links to this thread reminded me of the year 2000 model of Altima (US), was my favourite back then

Last edited by NPV : 21st June 2014 at 13:39.
Old 21st June 2014, 17:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Nice review covering every aspect of the facelift. Looking forward to more such reviews for other cars too when they get a facelift.

I assume the variant-wise spec would be available only after they launch the facelift but the hint from the "Luxury Pack" and the "Safety Pack" is that they might have variants without safety kit. Any idea if the luxury/safety pack is available only for top variant or for all variants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Different instrument clusters for the top and lower variants:
Attachment 1250899
I think the difference here is MT vs CVT and not top vs lower variant. I see the gear indicator in the second one which indicates CVT. I think we might see the first instrument cluster even for the mid-variant with MT unless they plan to have a total of 3 different clusters across Sunny variants. Did they explicitly mention that top and lower variants have different clusters?
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 22:34   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I think the difference here is MT vs CVT and not top vs lower variant.
Current Sunny has 3 different clusters. One for low & mid variants and the other (Fine vision meter) for high grade & the 3rd one for CVT
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 14:14   #44
BHPian

2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look

Nissan launching 2014 Sunny Facelift on July 3rd.

Source:: IAB
Old 27th June 2014, 12:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
^ Nissan should defiantly get the Altima in. It's the right time too since the accord and Passat have been discontinued. The superb rules the segment and Camry has limited sale. If they can price the Altima between 20-22 lakhs they can pull a winner. This will also help the brand image that currently is perceived as a low-mid level brand in India.
Wish the japs were as proactive as the Germans to increase their offerings.
Sahil,

Nissan does not enjoy the brand equity that say a Toyota or maybe even the Skoda enjoys in the premium segment.

Additionally, India runs on perception and Altima looks very similar to the much lower priced Sunny.
May not be a great idea as this concept may not find takers.

Moreover, Nissan is not popular with after sales and a 22 lac car from their stable may not find takers. Point in case- The beautiful Teana which doomed right from the word go!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks