Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2015, 12:41   #91
BHPian

Re: 2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Heres the pic I clicked at one of the dealership.In the extreme right you can see a glimpse of another Yeti, the old model, which I ended up buying.
Rahul412, many congratulations on your Yeti. I'm a behind times and I hope the little monster is bringing smiles to your face as it does to mine on an almost daily basis!

It's been about 15 months since we got our 4x2 Elegance home and i wanted to pen down a few thoughts:
1. The handling of this car is amazing - within Bangalore or on the highway, it's by far one of the most pleasurable cars to drive. I feel connected to the car, the road and love the steering input.
2. It's a perfectly sized vehicle for my family - wife and I and another couple of friends have never ever felt the lack of shoulder or leg space in the front/back, ever.
3. The car oozes class - on the interior or the exterior, there has hardly been a flaw. That said, I did upgrade my HU to a BT ready, phone compatible, touchscreen kind immediately out of the showroom. Another thing I would like is the multifunction steering wheel, but happy to live with the current one for the moment. BTW, I love the 3 spoke steering wheel on the facelift version
4. Power delivery in the 2.0 ltr engine is phenomenal. Massive amounts of torque, ability to keep abreast of the big german cars on the highway, just the pleasure of knowing that I can maneuver out of trouble at the touch of the pedal, is beautiful. Plus the relatively small size makes it easy to get into narrow spaces in the city - whether it be the multi-level parking at my office or the unused lane on Bannergatta road.

The one thing I don't like is the fact that I am very possessive of the car and can't bear to have someone else drive it. That coupled with OCD tendencies to make sure the car is at its shiny best at all times makes life a little hard!

All in all, I would be a happy Skoda customer once again with the 2014 Yeti, if I was not already the proud owner of the 2013 Yeti!

PS - the A.S.S. At Tafe Skoda has been fantastic in my experience. Have had the occasion to use them twice and it's been great service, smiles and warm wishes all round.
AnkurS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 16:12   #92
BHPian

After lot of test drives of various vehicles, took delivery of Skoda Yeti 4x2 on 7th January. Since then completed 1000 kms. Overall, very happy with the vehicle. Till now have kept RPM below 3000 and it returned overall 16.6 kmpl (Tank full to tank full). Drove it @ constant 90-100 kmph on MH4 and it returned 19.2 kmpl.
Old 16th May 2015, 12:33   #93
VBN
BHPian

From the old to the new!

2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look-imageuploadedbyteambhp1431759812.158643.jpg

2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look-imageuploadedbyteambhp1431759854.745631.jpg

this one was the old 4x4

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th May 2015 at 12:37. Reason: Consecutive posts merged, thanks.
VBN is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 13:18   #94
BHPian

Got my Yeti delivered on 19th. My first 4x4 and first non-ford non-black car. 1000KM done already.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look-img_6441.jpg  

shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 01:57   #95
BHPian

I'm disappointed to see still there is no automatic transmission being offered by Skoda for Yeti. Skoda India please bring the auto transmission variant. Even M&M has auto transmission for all its SUV / MUV / UV models now.
Old 13th December 2015, 09:09   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBN View Post
From the old to the new!

Attachment 1371126

Attachment 1371127

this one was the old 4x4
Interesting that you changed your old Yeti for the new one.
Amazing loyalty I must say. I guess you have enjoyed your earlier Yeti and wished to continue the enjoyment into the future!
All the best!
Old 13th December 2015, 13:55   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Got my Yeti delivered on 19th. My first 4x4 and first non-ford non-black car. 1000KM done already.
Welcome to the club! I also moved over from the form family, i was driving a endeavor and a fusion, now i drive a yeti 4x4 and a Volvo v4 CC. The European refinement and finish is truly a class apart.
ninjax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 10:29   #98
BHPian

It's been a wonderful 6 months and 8500 km with the Yeti. The car is a true gem and thanks to it's all around visibility, a joy to drive in the city, almost makes it feel as small as a Figo fitting into tight gaps.

Things I realised after buying the car:

1. It has rain sensing windows, along with the wiper
2. You cannot open windows in rain with the one click down
3. The headlamp washer is powerful enough to clean bat poo from it
4. There is a hidden storage under the hidden storage in the boot
5. The auxiliary and USB connections work really really well
6. The car can show speed in Kph and Mph simultaneously
7. I get a healthy average on 20-21 km/l on my daily drive averaged out. 17 km/l everyday. In city its 13 km/l
8. The car has AFS where the lights move and adjust with speed. (There is no way to check it though)
9. Never had to use high beam even at high speeds, unless for overtaking.
10. You can update the radio station icons and contact icons with photos.
11. Apparently there are some units with Apple CarPlay, I doubt mine has that.
12. Inside mirror dimming only works with a clean rear glass. Having the washer liquid topped up helps.

Things I miss from the Fusion:

1. The stow nets in the back. Skoda says it will be available soon.
2. The large under-passenger seat secret box
3. The larger outside rear view mirrors that had a better spread / view

Service seems to be after 1 year or 15000 km. Which is still a long way to go!
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 12:42   #99
BHPian

Quote:
The car has AFS where the lights move and adjust with speed. (There is no way to check it though)
When on an empty stretch of road at night, turn the wheel slightly both ways in succession when you are doing atleast 40 km/h (on mine it works even at lower speeds but have read that in some cases minimum speed required is 40 km/h) and you could easily make out the movement of the headlamps looking at its light on the road. If you turn too slow, you wont notice the movement of the headlamps.

Quote:
Apparently there are some units with Apple CarPlay, I doubt mine has that.
Not for Apple CarPlay, but there is an add on accessory for using the mirroring function. You could try that as your car is built on the newer platform and should be having compatible HU. You could check Skoda UK website if you dont see it in the Indian website accessory page.

Quote:
Things I miss from the Fusion...
2. The large under-passenger seat secret box
You mean the front passenger seat does not have the storage bin underneath or just that its not large enough in comparison?

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 17th April 2016 at 12:50. Reason: Refined
Old 17th April 2016, 22:09   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
You mean the front passenger seat does not have the storage bin underneath or just that its not large enough in comparison?
It's there but its not large enough. Although the chilled glovebox and centre console more than makes up for it. The centre one can easily store a can or two of thumpsup if needed.

Will definitely try it. So far my wife has pointed out on some occasions that lights might be moving!

In total, it's a brilliant car. Got it with factory fitted all black interiors as well which was a bonus. Will definitely checkout the Skoda UK website for accessories. There stock here in Bangalore is quite minimal.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 14:14   #101
BHPian

During a recent conversation with a new Yeti Owner (early 2015 model) I learnt that the Multimedia Unit in my car is completely different from the one that is there in her car. As a result my questions on how to get the Voice Commands working failed.

Anyone here has a Mid 2015 model with the new Bolero unit that supports USB and MirrorLink and does not have the CD changer can help out in this matter? Also, can a GPS be added to this unit. With the touch screen being multitouch capable, it will be a bonus. Thanks in advance.

The USB and Auxiliary connectors can be seen at the bottom of the frame under the AC controls.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look-img_7529.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2016, 23:00   #102
BHPian

Quote:
AC controls.
Looking at the AC controls in the pic you posted, I am wondering how you managed to get the AC to run in Auto mode when the re-circulation is not set to "A" (Auto) mode! IIRC, the moment you switch on constant re-circulation (single press), your Auto mode switches off and when you put re-circulation on "A" mode (double press), your AC goes back into Auto mode. But in your pic, its not so... How is that?!
Old 24th April 2016, 00:20   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the AC controls in the pic you posted, I am wondering how you managed to get the AC to run in Auto mode when the re-circulation is not set to "A" (Auto) mode! IIRC, the moment you switch on constant re-circulation (single press), your Auto mode switches off and when you put re-circulation on "A" mode (double press), your AC goes back into Auto mode. But in your pic, its not so... How is that?!
I have no idea actually. I have seen that there are two auto modes, the button has two green lights. One has a higher speed blower and the other is set at a lower speed blower. I have never really run the car AC in "Non Auto" mode. It's been set to 25 for a while now. The passenger side gets used once in a while at a lower temp. Probably should read the book at this stage!

From what I have seen so far,the only time Auto mode switches off is when I increase or decrease the fan speed or if I turn recirculation completely off. If the car is in recirculation auto mode, switching back to regular recirculation switches off auto mode. But as such, the auto temperature control is available across all 3 recirculation modes.
Old 24th April 2016, 10:28   #104
BHPian

^

Just checked when I took out Yeti this morning, auto AC works only when re-circ. is on auto mode in my 5L Yeti. I think its not same in your Yeti as its on a completely new platform. Its a thoughtful improvement. In Bimmer, auto AC works regardless of the mode of re-circ. (like how it works in your Yeti) and I have always missed that feature in Yeti.
Old 24th April 2016, 11:15   #105
BHPian

Quote:
^

Just checked when I took out Yeti this morning, auto AC works only when re-circ. is on auto mode in my 5L Yeti. I think its not same in your Yeti as its on a completely new platform. Its a thoughtful improvement. In Bimmer, auto AC works regardless of the mode of re-circ. (like how it works in your Yeti) and I have always missed that feature in Yeti.
I don't think its a new platform, but the equipment levels are a bit newer as compared to 2014 version. I was waiting for the USB port to buy it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks