Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2014, 19:34   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! 2014 Toyota Etios & Liva get some updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Wow, such a relief from all the over-chrome on the Etios.
Saw one in flesh on the road(so soon!), without any license plates or stickers. Have to say that the chrome does not feel as bad as in this closeup.
Old 22nd October 2014, 23:18   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post

That said, I'm disappointed that Toyota is not providing ABS across the range even after all this drama about adopting safety as their new motto and blah-blah. It looks like they've adopted Volkswagen as their role model, who did exactly the same thing in Polo!
Ah! They should have. But should have kept the price as low as other cars who provide ABS in their top models only. But, there should be at least one model in Polo and Etios which should be unsafe. No? Otherwise, how do you make an Indian car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Saw one in flesh on the road(so soon!), without any license plates or stickers. Have to say that the chrome does not feel as bad as in this closeup.
Chrome feels good, much better than photographs. Till the electroplating wears off and you start seeing the rust.

Plastic always look good. For example the new Fiat Avventura. I just hope people go by this look. This is bound to be great car anyway, but I have a feeling with not many takers.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...ium=ZIG_LAUNCH

Last edited by subratasenn : 22nd October 2014 at 23:23.
Old 23rd October 2014, 17:52   #78
Senior - BHPian

OT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Till the electroplating wears off and you start seeing the rust.
I really do not think the grille/chrome on most cars today is made of metal. I bet it should be plastic beneath the chrome coating; but experts should chip in on how exactly the coating is done, I'm not aware.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 18:27   #79

Checked with all Toyota dealers in Mumbai; none of them have a test drive vehicle yet. Customers opting for J/G/V trim have no frame of reference for the new look grille as display cars(Vx) sport a double-chromed grille. This is likely to be substantially different from what Toyota calls single-chromed, on the V/G spec-ed variants. There are no online images either. And, the Toyota website's 'Configure my Car' section still lists the old Etios.
ranjan84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:55   #80
BHPian

Online images of new Etios and Liva are available at the following places:

Liva: http://toyotaetiosliva.in/index.html
Etios: http://toyotaetios.in

In the Liva website, I am yet to find the interior look of the car. Etios is clear on that though.
(Edit: The interior look is there on the Liva website too. I missed that initially.)

In a newspaper ad today, Toyota has said Etios comes of the same assembly line of the Altis, to stress the quality of the Etios.

And the catchline of the new Etios is "The Real Sedan". I can interpret this catchline as this: Etios is a "true" sedan, not just a sub-four metre car with a boot.

My question is, why is Toyota not clear on the new Liva? Which assembly line produces this car? Is the Liva "The Real Hatchback" or not?

Last edited by subratasenn : 3rd November 2014 at 12:09.
Old 3rd November 2014, 13:23   #81

Quote:
Online images of new Etios and Liva are available at the following places:

Liva: http://toyotaetiosliva.in/index.html
Etios: http://toyotaetios.in
That's the Vx, am talking about the V. Can understand no manufacturer will want a lesser varriant on the website but the least Toyota could is was to update the car-configurator

Quote:
My question is, why is Toyota not clear on the new Liva? Which assembly line produces this car? Is the Liva "The Real Hatchback" or not?
Old 9th November 2014, 14:36   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan84 View Post
That's the Vx, am talking about the V. Can understand no manufacturer will want a lesser varriant on the website but the least Toyota could is was to update the car-configurator

Any manufacture would give pictures of the highest model. But Toyota is clear on the specs of all the models in the specification page.
Old 9th February 2015, 17:25   #83

Took delivery of a Petrol Liva G last week
Happy with my choice till now have to see what is in store for me in long-term
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! 2014 Toyota Etios & Liva get some updates-1423482787348.jpg  

rakeshkalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 00:13   #84
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car Rakesh.

I found the Liva to be the most spacious of all the current hatchbacks and Toyota has taken a positive step by providing airbags as standard on all the trims.

How long did they take to deliver? Last inquired with all Mumbai dealers, none were carrying any stock. Did they bill you the revised excise duty?

Wish you a happy ownership experience.
Old 19th March 2015, 07:49   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshkalli
Took delivery of a Petrol Liva G last week
Happy with my choice till now have to see what is in store for me in long-term
Hi Rajesh,

Can you please give us an update on your experience with the Liva G petrol. Have you had a trouble-free experience thus far? What's the mileage figures?
Old 23rd March 2015, 09:46   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Hi Rajesh,

Can you please give us an update on your experience with the Liva G petrol. Have you had a trouble-free experience thus far? What's the mileage figures?
Hi Naren,

So far all good it will be too early to say regarding the trouble free experience or not as i only clocked 800kms so far.
As of the customer service part they seem to be serious regarding the customer satisfaction.
I got an average of 15.4 in the first full tank.
Only complaint (which I already know from the reviews) till now is cabin noise it is not uncomfortably but high, but I was told that it is the case with all petrol cars and it will be subdued in time...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks