Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2017, 13:49   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.

I have an issue with my last Uber trip (Trip ended half way by driver, overcharging, toll paid by me is charged in bill again - from my Paytm account). I used help option in trip details to log complaint (twice). I did not get any acknowledgement or follow up call from Uber. How do I proceed with my complaint? I do not see any customer care number or email id in their app.

Last edited by Latheesh : 5th July 2017 at 13:55.
Old 5th July 2017, 13:51   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I have a issue with my last Uber trip (Trip ended half way by driver, overcharging, toll paid by me is charged in bill again - from my Paytm account). I used help option in trip details to log complaint (twice). I did not get any acknowledgement or follow up call from Uber. How do I proceed my complaint? I do not see any customer care number or email id in their app.
If you have a Twitter account, then please tweet to UberIndia tagging both Ola () and your local RTA. They are pretty prompt there with query resolution.

Last edited by noopster : 5th July 2017 at 14:45. Reason: Corrected :)
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 14:13   #888
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to share a recent experience using Uber in Hyderabad. I booked the ride from a locality in the outskirts and was to go into the heart of the city. The fare displayed at the time of booking was around Rs550 or so. Booked and got in. The driver used the navigation option in the app. For some reason, the app asked him to take the ORR for a fair distance and approach my destination by a longer route than just cutting across the ORR and getting through city traffic. I was fine because this happens quite often where the app recognizes traffic conditions and hence suggests alternate routes.
But in my case, the route via ORR was significantly longer in distance terms with 2 toll plazas on the way and the actual trip cost more than doubled. I never noticed this until I was authorizing my payment before my next ride. I went ahead and authorized the payment because I wanted to book my next trip.

Once done, I checked the app on how to raise this issue and there is an option to select there where you can convey that the route taken was longer than usual. Once I selected it, I got an instant acknowledgement of the excess charged and within 1/2 days had the difference credited to my a/c.

Good to know that Uber has recognized such situations and put in place a faster mechanism to address the rider's query.
narayan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 09:40   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
If you have a Twitter account, then please tweet to UberIndia tagging both Ola () and your local RTA. They are pretty prompt there with query resolution.
Toll charge is refunded now. But still no resolution for charging for the whole trip when they discontinued the trip half way. Funny part is I took OLA cab to complete my remaining part of the journey and that was nice experience. Well maintained cab, nice driver and driving style.

UBER sent a direct message in twitter asking my email id and other details. Let me see how it goes before tagging OLA in to the issue.

Last edited by Latheesh : 6th July 2017 at 09:45.
Old 6th July 2017, 13:37   #890
BHPian

I have seen emails don't work much with Uber. Every time a new agent us assigned and we would be required to explain the issue all over again.

But on Twitter, its a different story all together. Just a tweet tagging uber india and the response and resolution is lightening fast.
Old 11th July 2017, 09:38   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Toll charge is refunded now. But still no resolution for charging for the whole trip when they discontinued the trip half way. Funny part is I took OLA cab to complete my remaining part of the journey and that was nice experience. Well maintained cab, nice driver and driving style.

UBER sent a direct message in twitter asking my email id and other details. Let me see how it goes before tagging OLA in to the issue
UBER says wherever they did is correct i.e. charging the customer for the whole trip (It is not me who ended the trip mid way but their driver did)
Old 11th July 2017, 14:36   #892
BHPian

Initially both Ola and uber were good and charges were reasonable. But for the last three to four bookings they are beginning to charge extra for some reason or the other. Giving peak hour charges or demand is high, etc. Logged complaints through the support but no responses.

During the last ride using OLA the driver just dropped my wife and two kids half way to the destination at 9:0 pm and they had to book another ride. The second ride was charged twice mentioning night charges. Raised an issue and was informed that it will be sorted in two days but no feedback for more than 10 days. Since then I have stopped using OLA.
Old 20th July 2017, 13:26   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
UBER says wherever they did is correct i.e. charging the customer for the whole trip (It is not me who ended the trip mid way but their driver did)
After multiple tweets and direct messages Uber refunded 80% of the fare.
Old 20th July 2017, 14:41   #894
Senior - BHPian

IMHO Ola and Uber account for a significant cause of the traffic chaos in our cities. A lot of BPOs have shut down their cab services and ola/Uber have begun catering to that crowd, especially in gurgaon. Their negative impact on traffic was evident a few months back when these drivers went on strike for a week. There were zero traffic snarls in gurgaon that entire week.

While shutting down cab aggregator services will solve traffic issues to a large extent, in the larger view of the social cost, it is impractical. However, since all these cabs are GPS enabled and need to be online at all times for the drivers to earn revenue, it should be fairly easy to regulate them. Any instance of over speeding or wrong side driving should result in an automatic monetary penalty for the driver. This will go a long way in disciplining them.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 12:23   #895
Senior - BHPian

Didn't find this mentioned anywhere though its an old launch. Any one tried this yet?

Quote:
Uber, the taxi aggregator service, today launched their Bike-Taxi service - UberMOTO - in the city of Bengaluru, India. This is a unique kind of personalized private transport wherein the users can book bikes and scooters, and travel to shorter distances in the city, preferably. With this odd proposition, Bengaluru became the company's second test city for implementing this bike taxi service, at a large scale. Here are the top 8 facts and features of the UberMOTO service that is being rolled out by Uber in India.

Read more at: https://www.gizbot.com/miscellaneous...ow-031710.html
Old 24th July 2017, 12:37   #896
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Didn't find this mentioned anywhere though its an old launch. Any one tried this yet?
It was launched and later pulled off due to some issue with the RTO saying that they didn't have provisions for such a system

I availed it once and it was an OKish experience. I took a 4km Ride to pick up my car from service and remember paying around 40 rupees for the same. Quite quick and convenient for such short hops if you're alone. I hope they relaunch it.
Old 24th July 2017, 22:55   #897
BHPian

Quote:
This is still operational here in Gurgaon and I availed the services twice. I remember it being launched in Bengaluru and Mumbai but later shut down due to RTO issues. Practically called it illegal to operate bike taxis.
Old 25th July 2017, 08:07   #898
BHPian

Quote:
It is still operational
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pido.passenger
Old 25th July 2017, 10:22   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
However, since all these cabs are GPS enabled and need to be online at all times for the drivers to earn revenue, it should be fairly easy to regulate them. Any instance of over speeding or wrong side driving should result in an automatic monetary penalty for the driver. This will go a long way in disciplining them.
@Himanshugoswami,

I do agree partly to the above statement. However, Uber, has mandated that the derivers make 11 trips per day (week days M-Th) and 15 trips per day for the remaining three, else they deduct their incentive, hence in the quest for those 11 trips, they have started resorting to all those nuisance tactics. Uber also takes away 25% of the trip earnings as charges !!

Uber must take it upon themselves to have some laxity, else this is a never ending loop.

Cheers
Old 25th July 2017, 10:33   #900
BHPian

Why (and in what legal standing) would Ola / Uber do this? These are just aggregators (more like matchmakers - Bride wanted, Groom wanted. Get both of them to gether, hope they lead a happy life). The Ola's and Uber's of the world will want to keep their influence to the minimum here. Coz if they start putting all of this on the cab operators, they may be flirting with actually acting as their employee - and that will open up a whole can of worms for these aggregators.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks