Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2007, 12:21   #106
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
If Logan is priced 5.5-6L on road then it is SWIFT/GETZ/UVA/FUSION trritory. IMO They will be forced to reduce price.
NO! MUL cannot afford to reduce the prices of SWIFT D.Because, if reduced will definately clash with SWIFT P.
Old 17th February 2007, 12:23   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
NO! MUL cannot afford to reduce the prices of SWIFT D.Because, if reduced will definately clash with SWIFT P.
You may never know they may reduce prices of both petrol and D. Just too optimistic.
Old 17th February 2007, 15:48   #108
BHPian

IMO after the budget, Swift Petrol may get excise relief and Swift (P) prices may be reduced. After that MUL can reduce price of diesel Swift without clashing with Petrol Swift. Ofcourse, this they will do only if Logan threatens Swift.
Old 2nd March 2007, 11:34   #109
BHPian

Shocking and scary when waiting eagerly for logan to be launched hardly in few weeks, but with photos, Iam forced to believe. Check this out.

New Renault Logan may flip easily - Autoblog

Pls go thru the comments from users as well as it may give you some idea.

European cars are good and handling, I used to believe!
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:22   #110
Team-BHP Support

That report is dated August 2005. Almost 2 years old now. I'm sure if this was a serious concern, it would have come to light in the mainstream media by now. Remember the infamous Elk test?
Old 2nd March 2007, 14:55   #111
Senior - BHPian

Mainstream media reporting this or not, such kind of flipping is dangerous. Some of the comments suggest that it happened at just 40mph (65kmph).

But some claim that the image above is doctored. I dont think so, looks real enough to me.
Ohh...and what do they mean by the failure of its A-pillar? Were there other pics showing a collapsed one? Because as far as I can see in the second pic, its pretty intact.
Old 2nd March 2007, 14:59   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Shocking and scary when waiting eagerly for logan to be launched hardly in few weeks, but with photos, Iam forced to believe. Check this out.

New Renault Logan may flip easily - Autoblog

Pls go thru the comments from users as well as it may give you some idea.

European cars are good and handling, I used to believe!

Source Wiki Dacia Logan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In July 2005, a "Fahrdynamik-Test" (similar to an elk-test, but not identical)conducted by the German [COLOR=#0000ff]ADAC[/COLOR] claimed that the lack of an [COLOR=#0000ff]Electronic Stability Program[/COLOR] by Dacia Logan makes it [COLOR=#0000ff]roll over when braking in turns while at 65 km/h[/COLOR]. More pictures [COLOR=#0000ff]here[/COLOR]. Later that month, the Romanian version of [COLOR=#0000ff]Top Gear[/COLOR] claimed to have repeated the [COLOR=#0000ff]elk test[/COLOR] and, according to the results published on their website, the Logan passed the test at speeds of 72 km/h, 84 km/h and 87 km/h. Article in Romanian [COLOR=#0000ff][2][/COLOR]. However, it should be noted that the test performed by Top Gear was a standard elk-test, while the "Fahrdynamik-Test" performed the by the ADAC was quite different. Top Gear falsely claimed that the test was identical to the one performed by the ADAC. Later, on September 9, [COLOR=#0000ff]ADAC published the results of further incident investigation[/COLOR], showing that the rollover was actually caused by faulty tires and not by improper car design. It was later admitted by the German testers that the car failed after an unusual number of elk tests that had worn down the tires of the test car.
Old 2nd March 2007, 15:01   #113
Team-BHP Support

Take a look at the NCAP results

European New Car Assessment Programme: Safety Rating Details
Old 2nd March 2007, 16:34   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Mainstream media reporting this or not, such kind of flipping is dangerous. Some of the comments suggest that it happened at just 40mph (65kmph).

But some claim that the image above is doctored. I dont think so, looks real enough to me.
Ohh...and what do they mean by the failure of its A-pillar? Were there other pics showing a collapsed one? Because as far as I can see in the second pic, its pretty intact.
All,

The image is real. But I just have one question to everyone...Would you sit so cooly and calmly if your car is about to flip? Look at the gentleman's facial expression (or lack of those).

Think about it
Old 2nd March 2007, 17:09   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Would you sit so cooly and calmly if your car is about to flip? Look at the gentleman's facial expression (or lack of those).
Maybe he was unable to comprehend what was going on at that moment. Or maybe he is a very experienced test drivers for whom crashes are a routine thing.
Old 2nd March 2007, 17:42   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
3 star rating in NCAP is not a big deal. Have a look at the following :

Kia Cerato : 3*
Daewoo Lanos : 2 and half *
Daihatsu Sirion '05: 4*
Daewoo Matiz : 3*
Daewoo Kalos (aveo sedan) '06: 3*
Chevy Matiz '05: 2 and half *
Hyundai Atoz '99 : 3*

I will say 3* is too low for an European car! And pedestrian safety only one *! Almost like the olden HM Amby with that silver color metal bumper!
Old 6th March 2007, 13:35   #117
BHPian

How Logan launch will affect other cars?

As per media reports Logan launch will be in April 07. The expected price range 4.5L to 6L. The price vs specs are very impressive. How this will affect other cars like (in terms of sales/price)
SWIFT/GETZ/PALIO/INDIGO/UVA/AVEO/FIESTA/FUSION/VERNA?
Old 9th March 2007, 13:31   #118
BHPian

LoGan !!!!

Dear Friends,
Does any body has any inside update on the Logan release date , also will they be releasing Diesel variant simultaneously ?

I am having harrowing time after booking Swift VDI , and am thinking about waiting for the Logaon if released in a month or so .
Old 9th March 2007, 15:28   #119
BHPian

its still tentative - mid april'07
Old 9th March 2007, 19:03   #120
Senior - BHPian

Were they trying an ELK test or what? How do they manage this at low speeds? I remember a Dacia being driven in a top gear program. The car is not shown as not being able to hold on to the speed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks