Team-BHP - Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/159943-maruti-opens-nexa-dealerships-premium-cars-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tushar (Post 3676165)
Recent reports revealed Maruti’s plans to introduce exclusive dealerships for its premium cars.

I am skeptical about how this is going to work out, if this differentiation is also to focus on quality of after sales service to the premium segment.

Here, I don't think our mindset is set to improving & excelling over what they have now to make a differentiation. It finally shouldn't happen that the 'premium' ones get the best service they already know of, and the rest of it left to dust. What if, the better service engineers who are careful at dealing with vehicles move to the 'premium' shops, whereas the apprentices learn the job on not-so-premium vehicles lol:. By the way, it might be happening so even now. I've heard that Tata Zest gets a priority at service center ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourav9385 (Post 3676179)
Compared with the rest of the competition, Maruti is stone dead last when it comes to offering a premium feel, let alone a premium car.

Not last. That spot is now occupied by Honda in the sub 4m sedan segment, and Toyota in the premium hatchback and entry level sedan segment where Maruti products like , Swift, DZire and Ciaz fare better than these competition.

The 'premium products' are going to be Ciaz and above. The upcoming S-Cross, Vitara Brezza etc.

Confused on this. How can you call a dealership 'Nixa'. We refer dealerships as (examples) 'Pratham Motors', "Advaith Hyundai, 'Vinayak Skoda,' VW Whitefield'. So this will be 'Nixa Bangalore'? Or 'Pratham Nixa'?

Typically mass market companies create a new brand/buy a luxury brand and label and sell their premium cars under that brand to get away from the mass market/cheap perception. For example Nissan has the Infiniti brand, Toyota the Lexus, Honda-Acura(?). As pr my understanding, in the US these Japanese brands were associated with cheap cars and in order to break away from that, they created these sub brands.

I assume this is exactly what Maruti wants to do here. But as per this, the dealership experience may be different, but ultimately on the road, it will be badged as a Maruti car. No one is going to remember that, this car is brought from a premium dealership and hence it is premium car. IMO, the premium association comes from the brand not from the dealership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourav9385 (Post 3676179)

Which Maruti is a premium car? Each and every car in their line up is as premium and luxurious as a barn!

Compared with the rest of the competition, Maruti is stone dead last when it comes to offering a premium feel, let alone a premium car.

What premiumness do the cars like Brio, Amaze, Mobilio, Figo, Etios, Liva, Go, Pulse and Micra offer?

The cars like Swift, DZire, Ciaz and Ertiga are far better than these so called "premium cars" from your favorite "competitors".

This thread is about showrooms. I was shopping for a car in last couple of months, based on what I saw Maruti does need to improve its presence dramatically.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3676203)
Not last. That spot is now occupied by Honda in the sub 4m sedan segment, and Toyota in the premium hatchback and entry level sedan segment.

Based on my experience in Mumbai (Western Suburbs):

1. Maruti showrooms does look inferior as compared to Honda / Toyota / Volkswagen.
2. All showrooms showrooms (Spectra, Vitesse, Shivam ) are really cramped and do not have enough space to show all cars. Cars remain parked on road. They don't even have parking for customers.
3. Sales personnel as not as "presentable"
4. Seems that test drives are limited to 5 - 10 KMs

Overall that gives an impression of a dealership that is running on wafer-thin margins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 3676318)
What premiumness do the cars like Brio, Amaze, Mobilio, Figo, Etios, Liva, Go, Pulse and Micra offer?

The cars like Swift, DZire, Ciaz and Ertiga are far better than these so called "premium cars" from your favorite "competitors".

The point is that none of those brands are doing any dramas of opening 'premium' showrooms and such.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3676203)
The 'premium products' are going to be Ciaz and above. The upcoming S-Cross, Vitara Brezza etc.

I guess their YRA premium hatchback is also going to be clubbed with those.

So everything above the Swift/DZire is going to find a place in these 'Nixa' showrooms - YRA (iK2), Vitara Brezza (YBA/XA-α), Ciaz, S-Cross and current Grand Vitara (which may not be around for long).

I guess these cars may also be sold out of the regular showrooms, in order to increase their reach and maximise sales potential.

If such a showroom can enhance the customers buying experience, then this coupled with the newer offerings - if they are made premium, and not to a cut-price manner - will be key to improve the branding of Maruti.

Service is something they have already been above average at, and the improvement delta needed there can be achieved while the premium brand building settles in.

Better trained people to sell, better experience while buying, better machinery on sale and better trim/ equipment levels in the machinery will be the first part to make a prospect feel he is buying a premium item. A equivalent interaction while service will also reinforce that mindset further.

Over time, IF Maruti is able to do this, they can then capitalize on their sales volumes by slowly and steadily increasing the margins for dealers and for the factory, thereby making themselves a bigger success story than they already are. They have the base, now the execution needs to be spot on to achieve such a goal as stated in this rumor.

Very good idea. Also, change the moniker. Cadillac, Acura, Lincoln are all premium labels of the mass manufacturers.

I am not sure this is a good idea. It took decades for Maruti to set up such a strong dealer network. The premium dealerships will have huge expectations from customers from day one, considering that their existing service levels are no less premium.

Starting all over again could go either way!!

@veyron_head; Most Premium dealerships are owned by the mundane chaps. It is the impression, look and feel, that counts.

Maruti Suzuki to foray into the mid sized segment - Maruti to form new management structure to pierce mid-size segment dominated by Japanese rivals Honda & Toyota, a separate dealership network to sell bigger cars, priced Rs 9 lakh- 10 lakh and above.

Expect Maruti DZire compact sedan and cheaper models will be sold through the existing Maruti Suzuki network, premium cars such as the Ciaz sedan, S-Cross SUV, YRA Hatch, Vitara Brezza ,and an yet to be introduced compact SUV will be sold through a new network, named Nexa.

The company has put in place a fresh team to manage the new channel, internally named NEXA

Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars-47228145.jpg

Quote:

Quote:

Once the new channel comes in, existing dealerships will not be able to sell cars which are priced above Rs 10 lakh.
The existing dealers have however been given an option to open new NEXA outlets. The company is planning to have at least 100 such outlets in the first 12-18 months, before expanding into the interiors of the country
The dealerships may have to hire executives from the hospitality or aviation industry for the NEXA outlets, as the key focus will be on ensuring excellent sales and service experience seen in the luxury car segment.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...oyota/47228144

Maruti readies premium vehicle dealerships.

Maruti's first dealership has opened in Delhi. Caters solely to Ciaz customers at the moment. Maruti's Across to join soon.
Quote:

Maruti plans to expand its premium dealerships by setting up 30-odd outlets in various cities across India. The model offerings are also expected to increase after the Across joins the list later this year, expected to be followed Maruti’s new YBA SUV and YRA premium hatchback
Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars-0_468_700_http.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ps-394862.aspx

Interesting. It has Maruti Suzuki written in bold! As per a recent Team-BHP news article Maruti plans to badge the premium cars as Suzuki while the premium dealerships will be called NIXA. The picture speaks otherwise. Now I'm confused.

So let me get this straight, Maruti Suzuki is selling Maruti Suzuki vehicles from Maruti Suzuki 'premium' dealerships and badging the cars as 'Suzuki' so that the vehicles are perceived differently. Something isn't correct, isn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 3706656)
..."]NIXA[/url]. The picture speaks otherwise. Now I'm confused..... 'Suzuki' so that the vehicles are perceived differently. Something isn't correct, isn't it?

It looks like Nexa is the code name for this project and not the show room itself. Using "Suzuki" only seemed to be a speculation and doesn't look so as of now.