Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2015, 12:09   #91
BANNED

Good update to the XUV 5OO. Looks good with the current changes.

Hope M&M have done extensive homework before deciding to launch these new kind of alloy wheel designs.

Now the car is a worthy contender for replacement of our Ertiga ZDi in the coming months.

Love the headlamp design and the toned-down front-end design.

Closely following this thread and updates from SDP on this car and also if MODS do get a chance to do a review of the refreshed XUV.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 19:28   #92
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

I do commend Mahindras efforts, but i think time has come to up the interior game far more.

If they can bring it to the level of the Santa Fe; i think the car will sell a lot more.

For the naysayers, all i have to say is that If tata can make significant improvements in relation to the interior standards at the level of the bolt and zest, then it is about time that Mahindra makes a significant leap because the XUV has a higher price point

Comparable images of XUV and santafe attached
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-hyundaisantafe01.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-hyundaisantafe04.jpg  

Last edited by acidkill : 26th April 2015 at 19:34.
Old 26th April 2015, 20:51   #93
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
I do commend Mahindras efforts, but i think time has come to up the interior game far more.

If they can bring it to the level of the Santa Fe; i think the car will sell a lot more.

Comparable images of XUV and santafe attached ...
Are you actually comparing the interiors of a 15-16L vehicle to a vehicle that costs double of that?
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 21:17   #94
BANNED

Quote:
What is so good about santafe? Its interiors look like that of eon. And has very angry'ish looks and not pleasant or relaxing at all.
Old 26th April 2015, 21:35   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Are you actually comparing the interiors of a 15-16L vehicle to a vehicle that costs double of that?
Well said. People come down too hard on Tata/Mahindra products. Many a time undeserved. No matter how much they improve. But same people conveniently overlook shortcomings of "phoren" brands.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 22:01   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
What is so good about santafe? Its interiors look like that of eon. And has very angry'ish looks and not pleasant or relaxing at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Well said. People come down too hard on Tata/Mahindra products. Many a time undeserved. No matter how much they improve. But same people conveniently overlook shortcomings of "phoren" brands.
If you grant me leave, i dare say that you did not read my post at all

I in fact praised Tata!!

Like i said ... some of us love to be Naysayers , or be negative to a challenging idea

Some say.. you are comparing a 17L car to a 34L car
Others say a 34L car is like a 3.4 L car
Some say i am being hard on tata / mahindra.

And below is the interior of a Tata Zest at about 7L. Which i repeat, i am praising

So in short, You still don't think that a revolutionary interior upgrade is is possible for a 17L car??

Last edited by acidkill : 26th April 2015 at 22:10.
acidkill is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 23:25   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
.., and i dare say, Prado-ish in appearance.
Thats the same thought I had as well. I guess there is something about vertical slats and chrome surrounds/streaks on them that manufacturers believe an SUV needs to be synonymous with.

Personally, I believe n-1 looked better.
Old 27th April 2015, 15:35   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Somehow Mahindra always find some body parts in their vehicles to do put something hideous. Looks like there is some particular individual in the design team who puts his trademark gaudy stuff to a properly designed car just before production.
The Walrus tooth, Whiskers and now the odd Fog lamps and DRLS
Well said. Or they have this guy who says, look guys all this is fine. But this is Indian customers we are talking about. Please screw up a little bit for their sake since they like their SUVs to be gaudy....

Lo and behold, whiskers !!
avisidhu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 14:45   #99
BHPian

I might go for the present XUV5OO instead of waiting for the facelift. Will take a decision based on the discounts being offered. I somehow didn't like the facelift except for those DRLs which look really stylish.
Old 29th April 2015, 21:41   #100
BHPian

In view of the facelift launch in the near future, one can expect huge discounts on the present model as dealers would try to clear their stock. You could get lucky if you bargain hard (provided you don't mind settling with the model that is going out). Let us know the discount being offered.
Old 29th April 2015, 22:44   #101
BHPian

I think Mahindra has done a great job with this facelift. I like the toned down face and the integrated DRLs. Good to see that Mahindra is taking customer feedback and incorporating it into this facelift. Removing those silver strips from the central console is testament to that.
Old 30th April 2015, 09:10   #102
BHPian

Certain sources within Bangalore Dealerships are pointing the refresh to be very specific to W10 and a May release. Does that mean the facelift and mechanical improvements if any will not reflect in other variants?
Ironically, there are no pictures of the rear which holds the variant badging. The Purple does indicate it to be a top variant. Adding to that the neighboring cars in the yard are all the existing current generation. Eagerly waiting for the mystery to unfold.

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th April 2015 at 09:24. Reason: Do not use external editors to compose your post.
Old 30th April 2015, 10:54   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
Certain sources within Bangalore Dealerships are pointing the refresh to be very specific to W10 .
That is a typical dealer's reply for every face lift. They do it so that those looking to buy a W6 or W8 can be sold the existing stock without much discount. Also if you were Mahindra would you manage two assembly lines, one for W6/W8 and another for W10. What about spares. It becomes clear once you start thinking from a dealer's perspective

I think the facelift will be across variants.
simonkayar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 12:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you grant me leave, i dare say that you did not read my post at all
And below is the interior of a Tata Zest at about 7L. Which i repeat, i am praising
So in short, You still don't think that a revolutionary interior upgrade is is possible for a 17L car??
Not to beat you down further on your comment . I totally agree that Tata has certainly made significant improvements on Zest compared to all earlier generations and no reason why Mahindra cant do that if they put the right focus and energy on it. However I always wonder how product dev works in automobile industry since I come from semicon world. If I look at XUV as a 17lac product when i was buying, I looked at multiple factors like build quality, engine, safety features, other gizmos, interiors, space and was able to justify the price in my head, ofcourse the interiors were not at that level but then there is always some tradeoffs. I think black looks better and not as tacky as the beige one, if only they had better texture. Attaching a pic of my car. Btw when I had looked at the details of Hyundai SantaFe I hardly see any features that are not present on a XUV W8, so only value add would be better interior quality

Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-20150328-14.22.131.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Thats the same thought I had as well. I guess there is something about vertical slats and chrome surrounds/streaks on them that manufacturers believe an SUV needs to be synonymous with.

Personally, I believe n-1 looked better.
Totally agree with you. SUVs are expected to be butch with some status marque associated with them of power and opulence. I guess that's where the chrome and look comes from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
Certain sources within Bangalore Dealerships are pointing the refresh to be very specific to W10 and a May release. Does that mean the facelift and mechanical improvements if any will not reflect in other variants?
Ironically, there are no pictures of the rear which holds the variant badging. The Purple does indicate it to be a top variant. Adding to that the neighboring cars in the yard are all the existing current generation. Eagerly waiting for the mystery to unfold.
Donot worry at all. You can be assured that facelift will be across the board. What is surely possible is that there might be W10 with few more features over current W8 and few removed from existing W8. This might give better spread of price across variants and also justified price increase on W10
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 13:12   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Will take a decision based on the discounts being offered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInstincts View Post
In view of the facelift launch in the near future, one can expect huge discounts on the present model
I was offered 57K discount on the OTR price for W6 along with side steps worth 13K and side strips worth 7K and rear guard worth 7K as free accessories. These were openly offered, I am sure a little more bargaining I can get a reverse parking camera worth 7K for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
That is a typical dealer's reply for every face lift.
I think the facelift will be across variants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Donot worry at all. You can be assured that facelift will be across the board.
Except for the Prado'ish bonnet look(I prefer the current bonnet character lines) I personally like the facelift, I certainly hope it is across all variants hoping there are a few mechanical and ergonomic enhancements.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks