Team-BHP - Cars that should be in India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cars that should be in India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/16409-cars-should-india-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggercool
R there any plans For Suzuki SX4 in near future (price 7-8 lac 4x4 )seems to be nice deal if true

U mean Fiat Sedici ?

I hope they replace the current GRand Vitara XL7 with latest one it really looks like a CRV crusher . .Even the new GRand vitara looks very very promising if launched here at around 12 lacs .

http://www.allnewxl7.com/

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoLyn
Last I Heard Is That Mahindra Is Hooking Up With One Of The Top Suv Manufacturing Company's(Cant Say Which) To Build A Really Top Class Indian SUV.

I think its renault..

Hummmmmmmmer! thats what i wud luv to see sold in India! wud definately signup for the first H3 in india if it were with a Diesel option! Suv's are full swing in India but all new ones coming are above 45-50lk! - VW Toureg, Audi Q7, M Class, X5, Volvo's suv, etc. So something between the price of 25-35lk wud be real nice! the Montero is crap! dun talk of it ;)

mini cooper
evo s and impreza
more diesel cars in mid segment
super bikes

New Honda CRV 2007..
I would like to buy one..if I have that much money..may be between 16-18 lacks..

New Honda Accord 2007...

Spy Pics:-

(source:http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...d=106204?imw=Y)

ugh! The new CRV looks horribly horrible! its like a photoshoped version of the BMW X3! i say rather let the same shape continue for a couple more years instead of getting this ugly duckling!

would like to see the chrysler 300c,ford f-150,audi rs4,mini cooper and superbikes come to india.

Daihatsu/Toyota terios for about 5.5 lakhs competing with ford fusion,swift and getz:

The fastest MPv in the world:

Only if Hyundai had relaeasd this instead of Sonata .... for 17 lacs it would have been a real good buy ..if for 17.

2006 Hyundai Azera

From its BMW 5-Series-styled trunk lid to its cozy, spacious interior, the Hyundai Azera has a lot to offer. This is a very nice car at an extremely attractive price.

A neighbor noted that Hyundai has done its homework with the Azera, which replaces the XG350 as the flagship sedan of the Hyundai line this year.
Azera qualifies as a midsize car and thus competes with the Camry, Accord and Ford Fusion, among others in a crowded field. While the field may be crowded, the interior of the Azera isn’t. It’s spacious and offers great comfort.
Passengers sit in cloth-covered seats (in the SE; the Limited offers leather-faced seats), with excellent leg, head and shoulder room. Even rear seat passengers have excellent legroom. In fact, only the Chevy Malibu and discontinued Ford Taurus offer more rear legroom. Rear passengers also have separate HVAC controls.
For those of you, like me, who are addicted to caffeine, there are two cup holders up front and a pair in the rear in the pull-down armrest.
Besides comfortable seating, the Azera adds interesting features that make it a pleasure to spend time in. For example, there’s a nice shelf below the HVAC system in the center stack that can stow easy-to-reach objects. There’s also a cubby and an ash tray at the bottom of the center stack. Ahead of the shifter is a small “cell phone holder” that’s the right size for, well, cell phones. In the center is a deep console with a 12-volt outlet, with a matching outlet for rear passengers. And there are pockets in the doors with flip-out hard sides.

The console has a nice brushed aluminum finish to hide fingerprints.
Even the sun visors have extensions in case you need extra sun protection.
For entertainment, there’s an interesting audio system that works fine once you figure out how the controls work. The HVAC system cooled the car quickly in some hot summer weather. Sorry, but I didn’t check the heater, but if it’s as good as the cooling, then there’s nothing to worry about.
Under the hood is a 263-horsepower double overhead cam V6 that delivers more than enough power for the Azera, which weighs just over 3,600 pounds. The engine is mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission with a manual shift mode. We never had to use the shift mode in serious driving, but in practice sessions we were able to shift as easily with this one as we have been with others that use the shifter rather than paddles behind the steering wheel. But, the Azera is not a performance car, it’s a comfortable sedan, so paddle shifters aren’t necessary.

We checked under the hood to be sure there wasn’t any other kind of engine, and found the dipsticks and fillers to be easy to locate. A single gas strut held the hood up while we were exploring.
The trunk is listed at nearly 17 cubic feet. I thought it was huge, as did my golfing buddies, who were impressed with how easily their golf bags fit in the rear. The rear seat backs fold 60/40 to increase trunk capacity and provide a longer cargo box.
On the road, the Hyundai Azera is as quiet as anything in its class, and maybe one or two classes up from this price point. Wind noise was well subdued and road noise was at a whisper.
At light throttle, the engine felt as quiet as some V8s, though I thought that the throttle was a bit too sensitive when you tap the gas pedal from a stop. This sensitivity will take some getting used to, but once you have driven it for a week, you will hardly notice it and might even like it. At full throttle, there is a strong growl that is coupled with healthy acceleration. Shifting from the 5 speed automatic was smooth and always seemed to pick the right gear for most driving conditions.
The ride was smooth and quite comfortable on most road surfaces. Handling felt safe and secure, but when pressed into a corner at any kind of speed, the tires begin to protest and the car leaned a bit. The Limited has more performance oriented tires on 17 inch wheels and should do quite a bit better then the 16 inch rubber on our SE tester.
The Azera is no sport sedan, but it can easily pass as a luxury sedan, especially if you opt for the Limited with the leather interior.
The Hyundai Azera does do its job well at an attractive price point. For about $25,000, you get a sedan with dual zone climate controls, an 8-way power driver seat and a 4-way power passenger seat, side air bags for both the front seat passengers AND the rear seat passengers, Traction control and Stability control, even a universal remote transmitter to open your garage door. These are features normally found on cars costing thousands more.
To top it all off, the Hyundai Azera comes with a 10 year, 100,000 mile power train warranty as well as a 5 year, 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. The warranty covers roadside assistance for 7 years with unlimited miles as well as rust through for 7 years with unlimited miles. You can’t complain about that.
© 2006 The Auto Page Syndicate

The Azera is a real nice car and if I recall correctly slightly bigger than MB S series. Since Hyundai is not going to build this in India, it might cost way more than Rs.25L. The Azera is supposed to compete with Toyota Avalon in the US, and so its not a direct competitor for the Accord. The manufacturers should work on the prices and try to reduce taxes as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE-U-
The Azera is a real nice car and if I recall correctly slightly bigger than MB S series. Since Hyundai is not going to build this in India, it might cost way more than Rs.25L. The Azera is supposed to compete with Toyota Avalon in the US, and so its not a direct competitor for the Accord. The manufacturers should work on the prices and try to reduce taxes as well!

Thats what the article had said , around 25000USD similar ro Accord V6 27000USD

In this pic its really looking classy , I wish they start a premium brand like Acura or Infiniti

sentra and versa are good cars which are affordable

Well guys the AZERA really is a great car! A couple of months back, hyundai had a road show here in Hyderabad where they displayed the AZERA and the Tiburon! the AZERA is expected to be launched (if launched) at a 20lk+ pricetag. competing with the Camry and Superb.

I got to drive it for say, just around 300 mts, and its great! powerful, and the features are great inside. Memory Seats, rear windscreen sun curtain is electric powered! that was awesome, press of a button and the sun screen comes up! its very spacious too! the looks are also jus great!

but the price is a big letdown!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar24
There are two cars from Toyota which are very suitable for indian customer needs. The first one is Vios, which can give some serious compitition to NHC and give run for its money. The second one is the Fortuner SUV, its the perfectly suited SUV for Indian taste.

It wont be viable for them to price it below 9 lacs , they did a study on this . Thats the first thing they will do coz thats the first step they have to suceed to upset Honda's succesful run