Team-BHP - Cars that should be in India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cars that should be in India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/16409-cars-should-india-7.html)

Nice find tushky...
Looks great....

By the way..How do you manage to click those spy pics....I mean do you stay near a manufacturing unit or what??
As I think you have clicked many pics of different cars..and that too from different auto makers..Lucky yaar...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRK (Post 433831)
Nice find tushky...
Looks great....

By the way..How do you manage to click those spy pics....I mean do you stay near a manufacturing unit or what??
As I think you have clicked many pics of different cars..and that too from different auto makers..Lucky yaar...

Thanks SRK. but i think lancia is very unknown brand in india.

and i go to ARAI and some secret roads to find these cars.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRK (Post 433157)

3.Daihatsu Terios:
Just look at this car..Its a 4X4 Mini Suv..Perferct for our road with potholes all around...And its a 4 door...so your family can squeeze in it..We really need stuff like these..to tackle our roads and also small enough to move in traffic.

I second that. This car would make sense for India. Small, stylish yet butch (well almost). If toyota can find a small diesel to power that thing, it would rock. Perfect Small Urban Vehicle (SUV) to take on the SX4 hatch if it does make it to India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 433167)
Fiat 206? Wasnt that a Peugeot?
The rear on that car looks really bulky and a misfit, something like the Indigo.

That IS a peugeot alright. The rear might just be a total afterthought. The brief for the new 206 dictated that it look really aggressive to change Peugeot's image as a wimpy car maker. They must have fired themselves up as they designed the hatch/ small convertible. The sedan design exercise would have caught them in their quieter moments.

heres the vehicle i've been lusting after for years !! a lil birdie once told me its coming to a showroom near me soon :) is it true !?

I think Mahindra should think of introducing Things like these...
The pricing should be high enough to only attract only real lovers..

SAAB 9-3. a better rivel for octavia combi?

The jeep wrangler is one of the best jeeps to maneouver on toughest terrains. if mahindra intorduces JEEP, it will be a healthy competition among SUV brands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIP (Post 435813)
heres the vehicle i've been lusting after for years !! a lil birdie once told me its coming to a showroom near me soon :) is it true !?

The jeep wrangler is one of the best jeeps to maneouver on toughest terrains. if mahindra intorduces JEEP, it will be a healthy competition among SUV brands.

Note from the Support Staff: Please avoid quoting large posts in their entirety

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeGoldWing (Post 436659)

i dont really think the wrangler will compete with existing SUVs. it could, but IMO it is a segment that our car market has never seen before. it definitely cant compete with the existing WWII jeeps made by mahindra, nor compete with CRV/Endeavour/Montero etc. It will be an enthusiast brand and the base model wrangler (wrangler X) costs 20k USD (9 lakhs?) and it will be sweeeet to see these babies here selling at say 10-11 lakhs :) ...i'd never come back from the mountains !!!

Quote:

costs 20k USD (9 lakhs?) and it will be sweeeet to see these babies here selling at say 10-11 lakhs :) ...i'd never come back from the mountains !!!
Our taxation system and duties wont let it be priced less then 15lacs atleast.

I wish more MPV's come to India instead of the N number of B and C segment launches. We need more competition to the Innova - Ford S-Max, Renault Scenic etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadival (Post 436951)
I wish more MPV's come to India instead of the N number of B and C segment launches. We need more competition to the Innova - Ford S-Max, Renault Scenic etc.

agreed...mpv's are an integral part of the indian transport scenario.

Ford focus looks a bit like Fiat sienna from side and little like mustang from the front. Pretty good combination and would be great if it hits the indian shores.

How about the GMC Suburbans and Grand Cherokees in India.. Perfect for our roads right?? Ha ha

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 (Post 437488)
How about the GMC Suburbans and Grand Cherokees in India.. Perfect for our roads right?? Ha ha

i would love to buy a cheap cheap suburban...and then run over all these cabbies and rickshaw's...
I want to see a lot more American Brands here...DODGE probably..