Team-BHP - 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/164457-2015-volkswagen-vento-facelift-close-look-21.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by antardaksh (Post 3802382)
Hi Raneeth,

Do you remember model number of OEM head unit that came with Vento CL.

Regards.

Hello.
The OEM HU in the Vento CL is RCD 220.

The SA explicitly asked me not to mess with the HU as it may void my gearbox warranty.
He was kind enough to let me know that 15inch alloys will not be an issue with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antardaksh (Post 3811371)
Hi saravcshah,

Did you check if it is possible to replace black strip in the rear bumper with the chrome one that comes with Highline version?
Regards.

Hello Antardaksh

I did ask my SA regarding this.
The chromes on the rear and front ends can be added but the ones on the door handles aren't possible.

He asked me to contact a local aftermarket shop for the chrome inserts.

Hope this helps.

Sorry for the consecutive post but need some urgent advice.

I'm getting Sparco 15inch matte black alloys for 22k.
(Sparco is a part of OZ)

And with that they have offered me cpc2 185/60/R15 for 5k after swapping them with my OE MRF zvtv 185/60/R15.(brand new tyres)

Is the tyre upgrade worth the money ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saravcshah (Post 3811891)
And with that they have offered me cpc2 185/60/R15 for 5k after swapping them with my OE MRF zvtv 185/60/R15.(brand new tyres)

Hi,

I have been talking with various dealers about tyres, buyback for apollo alnac is around 3k, Goodyear/MRF can fetch around 2.2 to 2.5. While looking at the deal please consider total payout i.e. cost of new tyre + cost wheel balancing & alignment - buyback price.

Several forum members have suggested upsize along with upgrade, Michelin P3ST (195/60/R15) and Yokohama S Drive (205/55/R15) have been favourites.

Note: Warranty on suspension(1 year or 10k kms) will be void if we change size from OEM spec.

Better place to discuss this would be Vento Tyre upgrade thread

Regards.

HU can be changed from the dealership itself. You could enquire with them. Won't void warranty if done at the dealership.

Do you have pics of the sparco matte black Alloys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raneeth (Post 3812139)
HU can be changed from the dealership itself. You could enquire with them. Won't void warranty if done at the dealership.

Do you have pics of the sparco matte black Alloys?

Here are the two wheels.
1.Machine black with red lip

2. Matte Black (Sparco)

I'm considering bronze alloys for the white vento. Saw a couple of pictures online, they look lovely on white cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saravcshah (Post 3811404)
Hello.
The OEM HU in the Vento CL is RCD 220.

The SA explicitly asked me not to mess with the HU as it may void my gearbox warranty.

I don't know the context of this information but it doesn't hold true especially if the HU is changed to something like the Blaupunkt 835, which is designed for VW and doesn't entail any wire cutting or splicing. It's a plug and play job and VW themselves offered it in the Vento Konekt edition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarScream (Post 3813156)
I don't know the context of this information but it doesn't hold true especially if the HU is changed to something like the Blaupunkt 835, which is designed for VW and doesn't entail any wire cutting or splicing. It's a plug and play job and VW themselves offered it in the Vento Konekt edition.

The dealership is offering me this unit for 75k
The same is available on snapdeal for 36k
Doesn't make sense to get it from the dealership. They are literally robbing me in daylight.

75k??:Shockked:

Got it for 45k from the Bangalore dealership. Talk to other dealers in your state and escalate if needed. Works!

Hi All,

One of my friends had booked a Vento Highline couple of weeks ago and he has received a VIN for the same. However, the starting pattern for that does not seem to match with what is given in our forum (starts with WVW). His VIN as he received - MEXHxxxxxGTxxxxxx. Has there been any recent change in VW's VIN pattern? Please help. Thanks.

Yes, the pattern has changed recently. The H in MEXH denotes the 8th month and the two digits after that denote the year. That's what I think.

Hey Team,

One of my first posts on the forum. Penning down my tryst with Vento and a strange experience with the dealer.

After months of research and numerous test drives, I finally booked the New Vento Highline TSI in August this year at Volkswagen Whitefield. To be honest, no other car in the segment put a smile on my face as broad as this one did. And this coming from a Honda City owner. I was told that the waiting period will be 4 to 6 weeks. I had to be away on a business trip for 3 weeks and so the wait wasn't excruciating. I landed in town during the week of Ganesh Chathurthi and was told by the dealer that the factory is closed for the festival. Within a day, the floodgates opened and it was smoke everywhere! :D

I waited for 4 days to see if things get better but it was just the opposite. My family got really worried with my choice of brand more than my choice of car. Though the TSI is different and not affected (yet - pending official review of the engines in the petrol vehicles) by the whole scandal, I had lost my trust in the VW brand and was convinced that my Vento would lose out on whatever resale value I had initially calculated for it. I would be forced to keep the car much longer than I had planned and that was a risky proposition considering the gearbox in question is a DSG. With a very heavy heart, I cancelled my booking.

I had taken the test drive of the Vento TSI from Volkswagen Palace Cross because Whitefield had only the Polo GT TSI and had been in touch with the dealer even though my eventual booking was with Whitefield. Recently I came to know that the factory in Chakkan was NOT closed during the week of Ganesh Chathurthi and Palace Cross continued to receive vehicles during that time. They had a TSI available with them in the color of my choosing at the time of conversation though they had quoted the same waiting period. Why would Whitefield tell me otherwise? My Candy White TSI was next in line for delivery. There was no real reason for them to lie. Others here may have faced something similar but is this behavior common with VW Whitefield?

Cheers
Achyu

Quote:

Originally Posted by achyu (Post 3815181)
I had taken the test drive of the Vento TSI from Volkswagen Palace Cross because Whitefield had only the Polo GT TSI and had been in touch with the dealer even though my eventual booking was with Whitefield. Recently I came to know that the factory in Chakkan was NOT closed during the week of Ganesh Chathurthi and Palace Cross continued to receive vehicles during that time. They had a TSI available with them in the color of my choosing at the time of conversation though they had quoted the same waiting period. Why would Whitefield tell me otherwise? My Candy White TSI was next in line for delivery. There was no real reason for them to lie. Others here may have faced something similar but is this behavior common with VW Whitefield?

Cheers
Achyu

Not surprising. Have seen several instances of erratic behavior from VW Whitefield. My personal experience was also not great. They started with a promised 1 month delivery and when I went to check after 3 weeks, they said no car for 3 months ( this was in 2013). Finally bought from Palace cross. Have explained the sequence in detail in my ownership thread.

Also in my opinion, if you love the car you should go ahead with it. The smoky scandal is not expected to touch the petrols and we don't know the impact in India for the affected diesels also. I think it will take a few years for some conclusion to be reached.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3815232)
Not surprising. Have seen several instances of erratic behavior from VW Whitefield. My personal experience was also not great. They started with a promised 1 month delivery and when I went to check after 3 weeks, they said no car for 3 months ( this was in 2013). Finally bought from Palace cross. Have explained the sequence in detail in my ownership thread.

Also in my opinion, if you love the car you should go ahead with it. The smoky scandal is not expected to touch the petrols and we don't know the impact in India for the affected diesels also. I think it will take a few years for some conclusion to be reached.

Hi Rajeev, your ownership thread had been a source of inspiration to me while I was researching Vento TSI. Thank you so much! I completely agree with you that one must go ahead if he/she loves the car. I had always been in love with one other car right from the time it had been launched in 2011. I kept looking the other way thinking it will burn a huge hole in my pocket. Vento TSI looked a great next step for me while moving ahead from the Honda City. It is the best C2 Automatic available today, in my opinion and hence my disappointment while cancelling. But as they say, everything happens for a reason. I listened to my heart this time and went ahead and booked the XUV5OO last week and got the delivery this week :).

I am still waiting for the refund of the booking amount from VW Whitefield. Hope it comes in on Monday, if not by Saturday this week. I think the dealers are more affected by the scandal than the customers but I liked the professionalism that the sales consultant and his manager at VW Whitefield showed amid all the turmoil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by achyu (Post 3815181)
I cancelled my booking.

Hi achyu,

I believe lot of other folks are in the same position as you. Did the dealer offer any freebies to discourage you from cancelling the booking?

Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antardaksh (Post 3815381)
Hi achyu,

I believe lot of other folks are in the same position as you. Did the dealer offer any freebies to discourage you from cancelling the booking?

Regards.

Hey antardaksh, not a thing. On the contrary, they told me that they had no idea when the vehicle will now be available and asked if I could wait for one more month. And Palace cross had a vehicle! On the day I cancelled, I saw a person book a Polo and as we was walking out of the showroom, got a call and promptly walked back and cancelled his booking.

A week before I cancelled, I met a person who was taking delivery of his TSI two months after booking. He was promised delivery in two weeks. Makes me wonder if VW favors certain dealers over others in certain cities.