Team-BHP - 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/164457-2015-volkswagen-vento-facelift-close-look-23.html)

hi
Im planning to pick up a Vento TSI HL in Mumbai, could any of you who bought the car recently share the price please? The best offer i've got so far is from VW Downtown @12.38 lakhs OTR with mud flaps and matting. The salesmen say that there are no discounts at all on this model but then crumble on hearing competitive rates from other dealers.
I took the test drive at Tornado motors, Andheri W but I've read some pretty good reviews of VW downtown and not so nice ones about Tornado.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by saravcshah (Post 3817972)
So when India switches to Euro 6 by 2020, does that mean I have to throw away my car?

That is exactly the question that is bothering those who are less ignorant. If the NGT like rules are rolled out pan India this is a likely possibility. If you can't re-register the vehicle after 15 years. This is an emerging area of legislation where you can't predict how the wind will blow. My dad never had to bother about what needs to be done with the MARK IV Amby, there were never any other implications of owning a car then other than finance and spares. All these new topics have really caught the law makers in an area where they have no clue. Environment at the cost of economy, a debate that will not settle for a couple of decades to come, and if we know ourselves too well, it will be too late for any legislation to control any damage already made.

Hi all,

Just noticed the new vento Hl plus announced on VW India's twitter feed http://youtu.be/DJcJhr8s0Cw

... With on screen navigation and a whole lot more!

And now I'm wondering why they didn't announce this a month earlier before I took delivery of my HL TDI DSG :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by execve (Post 3822311)
Hi all,

Just noticed the new vento Hl plus announced on VW India's twitter feed

And now I'm wondering why they didn't announce this a month earlier before I took delivery of my HL TDI DSG :(

Don't worry. The Highline Plus is available only for the Manual Variants. Not valid for the TDI/TSI DSG variants. SO you did not miss anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by execve (Post 3822311)
Hi all,

Just noticed the new vento Hl plus announced on VW India's twitter feed

You can retrofit this in your Highline TDI DSG Vento.
They are selling it for 70k.
The dealer just contacted me if I wanted their entertainment package.

It has the following

1.Blaupunkt philadelphia 835 HU
2.Carbon fibre ORVM covers
3.Carbon fibre vinyl finish on the roof
4.Aluminium finish panels around the HU

Hi,

Horn in new Polo/Vento is pathetic. Has anyone replaced this horn with a better one in New Vento?

I believe procedure and parts should be same as posted in the link below by another TBHP member

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3646872

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3668016

Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antardaksh (Post 3825973)
Hi,

Horn in new Polo/Vento is pathetic. Has anyone replaced this horn with a better one in New Vento?

I just took delivery of my new vento. And find the horn equally pathetic. I asked the service manager if fitting an aftermarket horn will void warranty on electricals. He nodded in conformity. However, there's an option to fit a second oem horn in the vw workshop itself. Price quoted for the second horn including bracket and installation is around 2700/-

Hi
I went and did a PDI yesterday for the Vento Tsi HL that i had booked from VW downtown, Mumbai. Spent a pretty penny uber-ing to and from Panvel where the shaman cars stockyard is located. But was glad to see my new ride and giving it a thorough look-see
Happily, everything was just perfect.
Here's a google maps link to the Shaman car stockyard since its not on the map. It's a tad bit difficult to figure.

https://goo.gl/maps/8WwNWHT7t1G2

This was roughly the route taken by me, as per instructions given by the stockyard personnel Mr. Bharat who was very courteous and patient with all the queries I had.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Andh...7!3e0?hl=en-GB

I have 2 questions
1) The stock tyres are Goodyear - 185/60/15R. What do you guys think of its capabilities? I'm mulling about swapping them on delivery, though i'm undecided as to which ones. Please recommend. A balanced mix of performance / comfort / low noise is preferred. I usually potter around in the city, about 10-15 kms max and plan to drive down to kerala / konkan coast once or twice a year. On our roads my speeds are limited to 120, or at least thats the plan :D

2) The SA at the showroom told me that since the soft touch boot switch has been installed in the facelift version, they drill the bumper to install the rearview cam. Is this how they do it now? I'm quite sceptical of that technique since its the outermost point of the car and is susceptible to damage.

Talking about cabin noise, i recorded some audio with the car door open and then shut with the engine running and no radio. Its quite phenomenal the way the car has been sound proofed. Here's a dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qh989dzpe4...20tsi.wav?dl=0
*Iphone recording / fire app

cheers

I'm no tyre guru but I can certainly say that the Goodyear's are hopeless even when compared to the Apollo's. Due to an incident, we had to change two tyres and the guys at the ASS installed those Goodyears. It doesn't grip as well as the Apollo's. I'm waiting to get rid of those tires.

Quote:

Originally Posted by famousshoes (Post 3838582)
Hi

1) The stock tyres are Goodyear - 185/60/15R. What do you guys think of its capabilities? I'm mulling about swapping them on delivery, though i'm undecided as to which ones. Please recommend. A balanced mix of performance / comfort / low noise is preferred. I usually potter around in the city, about 10-15 kms max and plan to drive down to kerala / konkan coast once or twice a year. On our roads my speeds are limited to 120, or at least thats the plan :D

Hi, I don't have hands on experience, but as per the immense reading I did in teambhp, we have three good choices. (I am also going to swap my tires of the GT TSI which has reached yard).
Michellin P3ST - 195/60/15R (Maximum comfort and least noise)
Yokohama S Drive - 205/55/15R (Maximum grip and performance, least comfort compared to continental and P3ST and highest tyre noise)
Continental MCS - 205/55/15R - In between P3ST and S drive.

This is purely from what I understood from reading various threads and not by own driving experience. I am planning for Yokohama S drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrol_power (Post 3838734)
Hi, I don't have hands on experience, but as per the immense reading I did in teambhp, we have three good choices.
Michellin P3ST - 195/60/15R (Maximum comfort and least noise)
Yokohama S Drive - 205/55/15R (Maximum grip and performance, least comfort compared to continental and P3ST and highest tyre noise)
Continental MCS - 205/55/15R - In between P3ST and S drive.

Great shortlist, I was considering the Bridgestone turanza and the MRF Zlo as well. After an exhausting inspection of the various threads I'm tending towards the 195/60/r15 Michelin P3ST. Not as sporty as the S drive but hopefully comfortable, quiet and able to deal with the curve balls i throw it once in a while. Also want to keep the suspension warranty intact till the time i change the struts. Hopefully the michelins wont not void it even though it isn't stock.
Good luck with your S drives, do let us know how it goes. That'd probably be my next change. :thumbs up

I realize this may not be a question some of you may want to think of but I am in a bit of a dilemma between this car and the Polo gt tsi as budget wise I can go for either the Polo or only the comfort line tsi version of the Vento. I am not much of a stickler for space but iny opinion the Polo drives much better and is more flickable than the Vento. Are the highline variants of cars better than mid lines?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90BHP (Post 3845579)
I realize this may not be a question some of you may want to think of but I am in a bit of a dilemma between this car and the Polo gt tsi as budget wise I can go for either the Polo or only the comfort line tsi version of the Vento. I am not much of a stickler for space but iny opinion the Polo drives much better and is more flickable than the Vento. Are the highline variants of cars better than mid lines?

The highline gets a lot of chrome bits, alloy wheels, steering controls, electrically foldable orvms and leatherette seats.

Out of these, I would miss the steering controls and electric foldable orvms. The other stuff enhances the looks and are mostly nice to have features.

If space is not a concern ( now or even few years down the line) then the Polo should work just fine. I had booked the Polo tsi and then switched to the Vento since I needed the rear seat space and boot space. Happy I did that since there have been plenty of situations where the Polo would have been at a disadvantage due to space constraints.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90BHP (Post 3845579)

If space is never an issue, the Polo is the better choice for the very same reasons you have pointed out plus better performance due to less weight. You'll feel bad on those occasions when you really need that boot space though.
Concerning highline and comfortline variants, the highline gets the walnut beige interiors while the comfortline gets Cloud Titanschwarz interiors ( I think that's black interiors- please get that confirmed). On the other hand the Polo GT comes with only black interiors.
The highline variant also feels much more premium due to those aluminium inserts etc( very apparent when you own the highline and then take a look at the comfortline or vice versa)
Like Rajeevraj said, the only compelling reason to take the highline is because of the electrical flooding mirrors and steering controls. I'm not sure if cruise control is present in both the variants though ( again nice to have feature).
Regards
Turbohead

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbohead (Post 3845623)
Like Rajeevraj said, the only compelling reason to take the highline is because of the electrical flooding mirrors and steering controls. I'm not sure if cruise control is present in both the variants though ( again nice to have feature).
Regards
Turbohead

Yes, Cruise Control is present on both. I had the same doubt and checked. Cruise control is very useful in my opinion and I miss it a lot on my Vento TSI.