Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2015, 15:12   #1
BHPian

Land Rover Discovery Sport CKD assembly commences in Pune

Local assembly of Land Rover Freelander 2’s successor has commenced at JLR’s Pune facility. The new premium SUV is expected to be launched in India in August – September period.

http://www.rushlane.com/land-rover-d...-12154516.html
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 15:15   #2
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Land Rover Discovery Sport CKD assembly commences in Pune

The local assembly of the Discovery Sport has commenced more than 3 months back sometime in April itself. By now, JLR would already be having a handsome number of vehicles ready for dispatch.

I wonder why the launch is being delayed.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 15:44   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The booking has started but the launch is sill atleast a month away, attaching the email i got today from JLR for reference;

Land Rover Discovery Sport CKD assembly commences in Pune-untitled.jpg

Also got this pic in the attachment which looks like the CKD assembled Discovery Sport in India;

Land Rover Discovery Sport CKD assembly commences in Pune-unnamed.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 7th August 2015 at 15:51.
karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 13:44   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised

Land Rover has announced that it will launch the new Discovery Sport in India on September 2, 2015. The company has also announced that it has started accepting bookings for the car.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Land Rover Discovery Sport CKD assembly commences in Pune-new-land-rover-discovery-sport.png
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 14:51   #5
BHPian

It looks like a solid product. Someone going for a Santa Fe would probably think about paying another 10-15 L and getting this. I know I am in the market for a SUV in 6 months and I might stretch my budget for this.

Hopefully it undercuts the X3, Q5 and XC60.
Old 10th August 2015, 15:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
It looks like a solid product. Someone going for a Santa Fe would probably think about paying another 10-15 L and getting this. I know I am in the market for a SUV in 6 months and I might stretch my budget for this.

Hopefully it undercuts the X3, Q5 and XC60.
Should it be in the range of Santa Fe + 10 L then it should rock. But i don't see a chance for this. Still let us hope for the best. This one really looks great and that brownish + Grayish color looks good.
ram_hyundai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 18:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The booking has started but the launch is sill atleast a month away, attaching the email i got today from JLR for reference;

Attachment 1400910

Also got this pic in the attachment which looks like the CKD assembled Discovery Sport in India;

Attachment 1400911
It looks like the Base variant. I'm guessing it would be front wheel driven. I'm not sure if there will be much takers for it
Old 10th August 2015, 19:06   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Crap, I just booked an X3. I wish Tata comes out with pricing and features soon, as I can't wait for too long
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 19:30   #9
BHPian

The JLR Sales Executive had gotten in touch last month and mentioned that prices would start at 55L and would come in 4 trims.

Will try and get the final pricing and update it soon.
rohanGT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 21:40   #10
BHPian

Received a Call from a JLR executive today. The Discovery Sport will be available in 4 trims: SE, HSE, HSE Luxury and HSE Luxury with 5+2 seating.

The HSE Luxury trim will have a 19 speaker music system, AC vents on the B Pillar and a couple of features extra.

According to him the HSE Luxury will be pushing around 72 Lacs OTR Mumbai, HSE Luxury with +2 seating 75 Lacs OTR Mumbai.

The HSE without the Luxury package is a whopping 8 Lac Rs. Less OTR. i.e. around 64 Lacs OTR Mumbai.

Forgot to enquire about the SE trim pricing as I was already appalled by the pricing of the other trims.

This is clearly the opposite of all the hype they were creating about it being a CKD with an expected competitive pricing.
IMO the only thing going for the Discovery Sport is the perceived premiumness of the Land Rover brand over the Germans in this segment.

With its plane jane interiors, substandard equipment in the lower trims and this pricing, the Discovery Sport is a dud for me.
The Mercedes ML/GLE, BMW X3 or even the Fortuner/New Endeavour (as 7 seaters) seem like a much better package to me.
silentscreamers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 21:44   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentscreamers View Post
Received a Call from a JLR executive today. The Discovery Sport will be available in 4 trims: SE, HSE, HSE Luxury and HSE Luxury with 5+2 seating.

The HSE Luxury trim will have a 19 speaker music system, AC vents on the B Pillar and a couple of features extra.

According to him the HSE Luxury will be pushing around 72 Lacs OTR Mumbai, HSE Luxury with +2 seating 75 Lacs OTR Mumbai.

The HSE without the Luxury package is a whopping 8 Lac Rs. Less OTR. i.e. around 64 Lacs OTR Mumbai.

Forgot to enquire about the SE trim pricing as I was already appalled by the pricing of the other trims.

This is clearly the opposite of all the hype they were creating about it being a CKD with an expected competitive pricing.
IMO the only thing going for the Discovery Sport is the perceived premiumness of the Land Rover brand over the Germans in this segment.

With its plane jane interiors, substandard equipment in the lower trims and this pricing, the Discovery Sport is a dud for me.
The Mercedes ML/GLE, BMW X3 or even the Fortuner/New Endeavour (as 7 seaters) seem like a much better package to me.
Poor pricing if true honestly. It shouldn't be priced over the Evoque in terms on customer perception and no way should it be above the Germans and the Volvo.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 13:05   #12
BHPian

Disappointing that the pricing is not in synch with the Freelander 2 that it is supposed to replace (and potentially cheaper as in other markets). Anyone knows what the entry level On Road Price is in Bangalore?
Old 11th August 2015, 16:28   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Disappointing that the pricing is not in synch with the Freelander 2 that it is supposed to replace (and potentially cheaper as in other markets). Anyone knows what the entry level On Road Price is in Bangalore?
Plus the 2.2L Diesel engine is really not that great, the new 2L Ingenium engine is still some time away. God knows how JLR prices the Discovery Sport with the updated engine.

Let's wait till 2nd September and hope that the information I received was wrong and they price it competitively, although it seems highly doubtful at the moment.
Old 11th August 2015, 21:55   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Crap, I just booked an X3. I wish Tata comes out with pricing and features soon, as I can't wait for too long
No worries, in a contest between Discovery Sport, Q5 and the X3, X3 came out as the winner that too with 2L engine.

super.cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 00:05   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Don't think about this in lieu of X3 , you will enjoy Automatic fortuner more than this LR . I will be surprised if they are able to get any 3 digit sales number on this model.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks