Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 20:36   #286
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

I'm the odd guy out but I'd seriously consider one of those with the spare where it belongs in a hatchback (inside the boot and yes, Ecosport is a hatchback). SUV pretensions be damned, I'd take the convenient option any day.

P.S. Isn't this spare-in-the-boot version already available in some export markets?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th June 2016 at 20:37.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 11:43   #287
BHPian

Sales figures for June 2016 from NDTV's CNB

Ford's numbers increased, despite the Figo and Aspire not being popular sellers

Despite its mass market products the Figo and Figo Aspire struggling to gain momentum in their respective segments, Ford India recorded positive sales in May 2016, in both domestic and export operations. Compared to the 7979 units sold in June 2015, Ford India sold 9469 units last month registering a growth of 18.67 per cent. The companies exports grew as well last month by three times with 10,285 vehicles shipped out, as compared to 3452 units last year.

Having witnessed a slowdown in its growth momentum, the American car maker now has a revival plan in place along with an aggressive marketing strategy. The company is working to improve the trust factor among customers and kick started various schemes like the Service Price Promise and the Parts Calculator. Speaking on the positive sales for June 2016, Anurag Mehrotra, Executive Director, Marketing, Sales, and Service at Ford India said, "At Ford, we have continued to maintain a strong growth momentum thanks to our transparent and industry first service initiatives like Service Price Promise and Parts Calculator."

Adding further, he said, "The recent announcements of Seventh Pay Commission, along with the prediction of normal monsoon and scrappage policy are keeping the industry optimistic about future growth." Having launched the Endeavour this year, Ford's next launch will be the much awaited Mustang set to go on sale later this month.
Old 15th December 2016, 09:31   #288
BHPian

Is there any news of a major facelift for the Ecosport in the near future? People in this thread speculated about that a year ago when I asked (in post #187) about any changes in the suspension and steering of the minor facelift being effected in the Indian facelift around that time. We are yet to see the European facelifted version here in India.
Old 21st December 2016, 19:15   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
Is there any news of a major facelift for the Ecosport in the near future? People in this thread speculated about that a year ago when I asked (in post #187) about any changes in the suspension and steering of the minor facelift being effected in the Indian facelift around that time. We are yet to see the European facelifted version here in India.
GaadiWaadi sources report that the 2017 Ford EcoSport facelift will be launched in India in the third week of January, 2017.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 01:18   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
I heard from the ford sales person that new 2017 ecosport will be launched in India around march and available from June 2017 with the marginal price increase
danychris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 16:07   #291
BHPian

https://autoportal.com/news/facelift...2017-9802.html

How true is this?

New Ecosport launch in January, 2017!
yogeshbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 16:12   #292
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Ford EcoSport facelift's India launch in early 2017

Ford India is reportedly planning to launch the EcoSport facelift in the early months of next year, preferably in January 2017. This will mark the biggest change in the EcoSport line-up, ever since its original launch in 2013.

Ford unveiled the facelifted model for the North American markets in November 2016. The India-spec version will mostly be identical to this already unveiled model, though it might get some tweaks to suit Indian customer preferences. The facelifted EcoSport gets most of its changes at the front, which includes a larger grille, new headlamps, a completely revamped front bumper with faux skid plates and larger fog lamps. The side profile is nearly identical to the model it will replace, save for a new set of alloy wheels. At the rear, the EcoSport gets a tweaked pair of taillights and a new bumper with a faux silver skid plate. The American-spec model doesn't get the rear-mounted spare wheel and thus houses the number plate on the tailgate. However, the India-spec model might retain the spare-wheel on the tailgate, especially since it helps in enhancing the EcoSport's SUV character.

On the inside, the facelifted EcoSport will get a redesigned dashboard, new seat upholstery, a new steering wheel and updated Ford SYNC infotainment system.

The India-spec model will continue to be powered by a 1.5-litre diesel, a 1.5-litre petrol and a 1.0-litre EcoBoost turbo petrol engine.

Source: CarWale

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-download.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 29th December 2016 at 16:13.
dZired is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 17:32   #293
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Ford EcoSport facelift's India launch in early 2017

Had the opportunity recently to sit and travel in an EcoSport for a couple of hours and I loved the car except that the front seat foot well felt too narrow for my broad frame and I had to constantly adjust to find a comfortable position which ultimately I never found. But other than that the car was fantastic and hopefully the Nokia phone like keypad layout of the car/telephony/display is replaced by a better design and they get the higher state of tune Figo engines in the new EcoSport.
Old 4th January 2017, 11:52   #294
BHPian

Zauba reports a 1 unit of Ecosport is been imported in November. Does it mean Ford is actually putting Ecosport facelift on a fast track.

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-ecosport.png
Old 5th January 2017, 18:38   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Now, NDTV Auto's sources claim that the EcoSport will receive only feature updates and some technical changes only when it is launched in February 2017, and that there won't be any styling or structural changes to the sub-compact Ford SUV.

The biggest addition to the existing EcoSport will be a new touchscreen infotainment system, which will be available as an option for customers to pre-order while booking their cars through the Vehicle Personalisation options for the EcoSport. A minor price increase can also be expected.

The bigger changes will be reserved for the comprehensive facelift which will arrive sometime during end-2017.

Quote:
This largely includes tech changes and some accessories only and there will be no styling or structural changes on the car. Perhaps most important for Ford, is the addition of a new touchscreen infotainment system option for the EcoSport. The idea is for Ford to keep the car relevant in the face of the massive heat it gets from the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.

The car's major midlife facelift will only get to us much later - with Ford India trying very hard to make it market-ready by Diwali 2017. So despite what you may have read elsewhere, the February launch is not of that overhauled model. The facelift will arrive closer to the end of the year and will also be exported to the US from India. That is when the EcoSport will formally be launched in the US for the first time - as a 2018 model.
NDTV Auto
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 09:28   #296
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Ford EcoSport facelift's India launch in early 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
But other than that the car was fantastic and hopefully the Nokia phone like keypad layout of the car/telephony/display is replaced by a better design and they get the higher state of tune Figo engines in the new EcoSport.
The current EcoSport here, the one with signature headlamp, is already running the 100PS TDCI. Makes a marked difference in the way it drives compared to the older 90PS. The spread of torque is amazing compared to the narrow band earlier.

And spyshots show a touchscreen tablet sticking out of the dash like in the 2017 Fiesta. Not sure which looks good though. I much prefer the cleaner and simpler layout of the current Fiesta, the one which is sold in EU presently over the Nokia facia and the touchscreen. Let's wait to see the latter in person.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 17:28   #297

I enquired about ecosport today at chennai, sales executive said the prices are increased by 1 lakh for a Titanium version. Did Ford increased the pricing for Ecosport?
Secondly I was given a quote for Rs. 50000 for installing 7 inch touch screen infotainment system which will be fully compatible with the microsoft sync, As it is done by their service centers, the vehicle will be still under warranty. Is it worth giving 50000?
Old 7th January 2017, 13:44   #298

I had a chat with Ford Advisor on the new Ecosport launch and here is the discussion we had....

Ford Advisor : Sir, I would like to inform you that prices of vehicles are revised every month , however I can assist you with the current prices of Ford EcoSport .'
May I know which engine option you are interested in Petrol or Diesel?
ME : Engine Option – Diesel
Ford Advisor : Ex-showroom price of New Ford Ecosport 1.5L TDCi Diesel Titanium variant is 960,406 -/INR Chennai
ME : 13:00:38 Does Ford upgrades Ecosport normal screen to touch screen for an additional price for new bookings?
Ford Advisor : Sir, I would like to inform you that 8” Large Touchscreen, DVD Player, Rear View Camera, Satellite Navigation, Door ajar warning display has been included in Titanium+ variant as standard feature.
ME : Is it only for titanium + or even for Titanium?
Ford Advisor : https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecos...ht-box-21.html
Kindly visit above mentioned link regarding the same .
ME : It seems to be navigator. Do we have to fit externally or is it in included in the dashboard?

Ford Advisor : Sir, I would like to inform you that above mentioned features has been introduced in Titanium+ variant only , however 12.7 cm colour touch screen is available as an accessory , which is used for Entertainment: music, movies, photos, Real-time turn-by-turn navigation with graphical map guidance.
I would like to inform you that it will be fitted externally at the dealership .
ME : When we can expect new facelift version to be available at India
Ford Advisor : Sir, I would like to inform you that as of now there is no official update regarding the launch of Ford EcoSport Facelift , However you can visit our official website i.e., www.india.ford.com for further updates.

ME : ok thanks

Last edited by benbsb29 : 7th January 2017 at 13:55. Reason: Edited to improve formatting. Please pay attention to post formatting when posting.
Old 8th January 2017, 15:21   #299
BHPian

Booked Petrol ambiente variant yesterday, dealer had only kinetic-blue in stock. 15k cash discount and 10k accessories discount. I prefer my car in stock condition, hence negotiated with the dealer to give me discounts on the extended warranty. I have taken 3rd and 4th year extended warranty and the on-road price came to 8.4lacs.

Extended warranty prices of Ford is quite expensive. Around 8k for 3rd year and 12k for 4th year. Not sure its worth it, just took it for the peace of mind.
cdmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks