Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2015, 15:49   #226
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Sync has stopped working for me. I am only able to make and receive calls on my phone via sync but am not able to play music via sync from my phone. Any troubleshooting steps will be appreciated?
It is one of the known niggles

Try deleting all phone pairings, and re-pair your phone. If that does not work, disconnect the battery, wait 5 min, and reconnect. Your ECU will be reset to stock (factory) settings and you can pair your phone with Sync again. Be warned that this also deletes the ECU driver profile maps, so the car will feel "different" for the next few hundred kms.

I had this issue crop up a few times until I finally got Ford to change the Audio Control Unit itself.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3678040
hemant.kamat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 20:39   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Changes in 2015 Ecosport

The 2015 EcoSport is a minor upgrade to keep the car relevant in the market as the competition has made life tough for EcoSport. The three big changes in Titanium EcoSport Diesel are as follows:
  • - Stop Start Button
  • - 100 PS of Power
  • - Signature Headlamps

The Titanium Plus gets the following in addition to the features above in 2015 Ecosport:
  • - Automatic Rear View Mirror
  • - Rain Sensing Wipers

Attachment 1439510
Hi

Are those MOMO alloys ? I think so but want to be sure ! Looking awesome What size tyres are you running ?

Would appreciate if you could share the details & price

Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 20:44   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hi

Are those MOMO alloys ? I think so but want to be sure ! Looking awesome What size tyres are you running ?

Would appreciate if you could share the details & price

Thanks
Its the Revenge from MOMO.
Old 9th December 2015, 09:14   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
It is one of the known niggles

Try deleting all phone pairings, and re-pair your phone.
I did try doing this. However only the phone got synced and i am able to make/send/recieve calls/messages But still not able to play music.

Quote:
If that does not work, disconnect the battery, wait 5 min, and reconnect.
I will get this done from Ford when i go for my 1st service.

Also another niggle that is noticed is that the ac in auto mode is not efficient at times. Incase the current temperature indicated in the car is say for ex 28 C and i have set auto at 23 C, the ac seems to be weak in auto mode. I either have to reduce the temperature to 21C or get out of the auto mode by increasing the blower to get a better cooling effects. Any thoughts?
Old 9th December 2015, 12:48   #230
Senior - BHPian

Also another niggle that is noticed is that the ac in auto mode is not efficient at times. Incase the current temperature indicated in the car is say for ex 28 C and i have set auto at 23 C, the ac seems to be weak in auto mode. I either have to reduce the temperature to 21C or get out of the auto mode by increasing the blower to get a better cooling effects. Any thoughts?[/quote]

That is true in most cars. The auto mode may seem insufficient on many occasions - I too turn up the blower - it works fine - this is the Q3 not the Ecosport though - so don't worry IMHO
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 14:37   #231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also another niggle that is noticed is that the ac in auto mode is not efficient at times. Incase the current temperature indicated in the car is say for ex 28 C and i have set auto at 23 C, the ac seems to be weak in auto mode. I either have to reduce the temperature to 21C or get out of the auto mode by increasing the blower to get a better cooling effects. Any thoughts?
The auto AC depends a lot on outside temperature. In my Corolla, I can set it to 24-25 irrespective of outside temperature and the cabin is pleasant.

In case of Ecosport, If I set it to 23 when the outside temperature is 28-29, it cools well. However if the outside temperature is 22-24 and the climate control is at 23C, it starts blowing hot air to compensate for the cooler temp outside. I need to reduce this down to 21-22 to get cool air instead of hot.

Overall AC works well but you do have to fiddle with the temperature based on outside temperature more than in some other cars.

I won't even call this an irritant, it's just a trait of how the AC has been programmed.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 14:50   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
In case of Ecosport, If I set it to 23 when the outside temperature is 28-29, it cools well.
The programming seems to be logical. But In my case, If I set it to 23 when the outside temperature is 28-29, it still does not work well. A gap of 6 C should be sufficient enough though for the AC to work well.
Old 9th December 2015, 15:51   #233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The programming seems to be logical. But In my case, If I set it to 23 when the outside temperature is 28-29, it still does not work well. A gap of 6 C should be sufficient enough though for the AC to work well.
Note that it also depends on sunlight falling on the sensor in front of the dashboard in the centre. The cooling reduces in the shade or cloudy weather vs direct sunlight on the sensor.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 15:51   #234
BHPian

Can anyone tell me where can I buy (or order online) the spare wheel cover of the Ecosport Titantium in Black? Ford accessory store is quoting a bomb.

Thanks!
Old 9th December 2015, 16:02   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Can anyone tell me where can I buy (or order online) the spare wheel cover of the Ecosport Titantium in Black? Ford accessory store is quoting a bomb.

Thanks!
Don't bother with it IMO.
It is pointless and rattle prone. You can't leave it without a lock as it takes 5 seconds to pull it out. Put a lock and then the lock rattles. It also hides the the good looking alloy and is quite heavy, both on the wallet and for the car.
There was a white one on snapdeal for 9K or so but that was a while back. Black may be hard to find online, very rare colour!
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 16:35   #236
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!
Ford is quoting 12-13k for the cover. And Snapdeal is quoting 9.5k. I do not see any point going for it. Incase you must, then pick it up from Ford only as the quality is suspect (Snapdeal) and also the price difference is not much.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 16:54   #237
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!
The one from ford is of better quality. Either pay about 12.5k and get one from ford or give it a pass. Looks do improve. I do not use a lock and touchwood have not had it stolen either.

The price from ford is also about 9k plus 3k for paint. Without paint they too will sell for about 9k but that is pointless. The base unpainted one is not exactly white but greyish.

Rattles if any on the cover can be taken care of using sponge packing. Mine didn't rattle till I was rear ended later I used a sponge.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 17:15   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Don't bother with it IMO.
Quote:
Ford is quoting 12-13k for the cover. And Snapdeal is quoting 9.5k. I do not see any point going for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The one from ford is of better quality. Either pay about 12.5k and get one from ford or give it a pass. Looks do improve. I do not use a lock and touchwood have not had it stolen either.
Thanks for the amazing inputs, gentlemen.

I would like to know that in case I drop the idea of going for a spare wheel cover, does it leave it more susceptible to being stolen? My only reason for investing in it is to avoid any curious pair of eyes drift towards the spare wheel holder. I read about anti-theft wheel nuts somewhere.

A friend came up with an idea of getting the wheel cover tailor made by any seat cover shop. Is this feasible?

Also, I was looking to invest in a chrome kit as it complements the Black colour totally. Ford accessory making me frown, again. Any alternatives?
Old 9th December 2015, 18:04   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the amazing inputs, gentlemen.

I would like to know that in case I drop the idea of going for a spare wheel cover, does it leave it more susceptible to being stolen? My only reason for investing in it is to avoid any curious pair of eyes drift towards the spare wheel holder. I read about anti-theft wheel nuts somewhere.

A friend came up with an idea of getting the wheel cover tailor made by any seat cover shop. Is this feasible?

Also, I was looking to invest in a chrome kit as it complements the Black colour totally. Ford accessory making me frown, again. Any alternatives?
I am more worried that someone may steal the spare wheel cover than the actual wheel! With a lock though,it does do some protection but the anti theft nuts are enough IMO. The cover does protect the tyre from vandals who would want to puncture it.
I've seen an ecosport with a fabric cover, one like in a Tata siera. Looks completely out of place and hideous.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 12:54   #240

I too got myself a prefacelift Ecosport Titanium. Bought it in Nov'2015. Its make is end of July 2015. I started with Figo and Aspire but have been hung on Ecosport for sometime and wife said why not buy this by adding few lacs. Read this thread and decided to drive new and old versions back to back. The power difference at lower band was negligible to me as I knew the torque is bumped by just 1nm. The new one is slightly peppier in terms of pickup. Coming from Zen this was good enough jump in power for me and anyway I was getting good deal on prefacelift and decided that is worth it.

The total cost of car comes about 10.3 Lacs which is slightly cheaper than new Trend+ and as said earlier Titanium old gets more features than new Trend+.
As part of deal I got insurance free, Extended warranty(under corporate disc), car exchange of 18K, Cash Discount of 20K. Not a bad deal.

What say you guys!

Only Essential pack taken and extended warranty taken from dealer. Was keen on camera but the inbuilt display works fine for me for now.

And this is the car
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-20151129_093427.jpg  

Phoneix is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks