Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2015, 21:05   #211
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Pleased to inform you all about the arrival of my New Drive - Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi Titanium +, on 5th Nov'15. Yes the Face lifted one.

Traveled immediately from Chennai to Hyd on 7th early morning. Hence Couldn't upload the photos.

Regards,
Maverick
Maverick79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 22:01   #212
BHPian

^^
Hearty congratulations to you. I have had the privilege to drive a pre-facelift model. The mid range power delivery is amazing. Since you traveled on the highway I would like to ask you how are highway manners for the new one, since the torque range has been increased over the previous one. If you can compare the ride quality and stability factor wrt say for example any sedan in its price range.
Your two cents please.
Drive safe.
Old 12th November 2015, 10:22   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
^^
Hearty congratulations to you. I have had the privilege to drive a pre-facelift model. The mid range power delivery is amazing. Since you traveled on the highway I would like to ask you how are highway manners for the new one, since the torque range has been increased over the previous one. If you can compare the ride quality and stability factor wrt say for example any sedan in its price range.
Your two cents please.
Drive safe.
1.5 Tdci 100 PS Drive
Now for the diesel owners the biggest change of the 2015 EcoSport is whats under the hood. An extra 10 PS of power. Now before I begin the comparative let me state that the 100 PS 1.5 Tdci motor is one of the most refined diesel motors present in Indian cars. The engine loves to be revved and is extremely refined. So much so that it sets the benchmark in refinement for its segment. Like with all cars in this segment you do have to wait for the turbo to spool and you dont get any push in your seat feeling. However it has a very strong mid range.

The motor is fairly silent at idle and builds speed quickly. In addition you can run the car in 4th gear from speeds as low as 20 kmph and as high as 120kmph without bothering to change the gear.

Coming to the extra 10 PS of power over its predecessor. I feel the actual usable power or feel remains the same. You may shave of .5 seconds to a ton in a drag but in all real life scenarios both the current tune and the previous tune of engine were good. So the old owners have nothing to worry. But given the vehicle is built like a tank (heavy doors) the extra 10 PS is welcome. For that matter, car demands 140 PS.

In a nutshell the EcoSport retains most of the driving characteristics of Fiesta (sans steering feel) and provides the SUV looks that make heads turn. The car is getting old, but yet remains very relevant and will continue to sell 3000 units per month for years to come.

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-fourth.jpg

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-signature-lamp.jpg

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-first-pic.jpg

Last edited by aseem : 12th November 2015 at 10:26.
aseem is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 19:56   #214
Senior - BHPian

Changes in 2015 Ecosport

The 2015 EcoSport is a minor upgrade to keep the car relevant in the market as the competition has made life tough for EcoSport. The three big changes in Titanium EcoSport Diesel are as follows:
  • - Stop Start Button
  • - 100 PS of Power
  • - Signature Headlamps

The Titanium Plus gets the following in addition to the features above in 2015 Ecosport:
  • - Automatic Rear View Mirror
  • - Rain Sensing Wipers

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-black-roof-1.jpg
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 18:23   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
^^
Your two cents please.
Drive safe.
Hi Chintu,
Thank you.
I received my ride with an ODO showing 117 kms. So I didn't push it to any levels what you asked above.
Didn't cross 100 kmph mark at all.
The running in was mentioned as 1600 kms, Just finished that while I was some 25 kms away from Chennai while returning.

Regards,
Maverick79
Old 23rd November 2015, 13:19   #216
BHPian

Need insights on selling EcoSport

Hello People,

Which is the best place to sell a car online in Bangalore and get a reasonable price?

Can anyone please help with the process? Is teambhp classifieds safe and effective?

It is a top of the line (Titanium+) Diamond White diesel 2014 EcoSport sparingly used (just <5K KM). Also has Ford fitted reverse parking camera, illuminated scuff plates, rear spoiler (all fitted by Ford at delivery).

It is as good as new. 100% scratch-free! This is for a friend of mine who is not able to post as he is a new member here.

Please help with tips/insights.

Thanks a lot :-)

Last edited by pc1686 : 23rd November 2015 at 13:22. Reason: Sentence structure
Old 24th November 2015, 20:32   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
30k Cash Discount and 5k Discount on Finance.
Hey Buddy. I just booked the facelift EcoSport TDCI Titanium which I am getting for Rs.11,78,000 On Road before any discount.

Now after showing interest the guy is giving me Rs 8000 cash discount, 3rd yr extended warranty as loyalty bonus I am exchanging my old Ford Figo TDCI titanium (Rs2,00,000 including bonus as per the condition condition) so getting additional 25000 exchange bonus. Also going for the ford finance with their 7.99% interest rate. All this given by Ford India as per website.

Now after haggling a bit more I got myself the basic accessories worth Rs. 4500 free and reverse camera on IRVM worth Rs 12,000 free.
So is this a good deal or can I get some more as you said you got 30k cash discount.
Any inputs appreciated. Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 22:00   #218
BHPian

Sorry I mixed up the amounts.
The OTR price for Ecosport TDCI Titanium is 11,35,914 and not 11,78,000.
Attached are the calculation and price list I got from the dealership. Please suggest.

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-img_20151124_214021.jpg
Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-img_20151124_214114.jpg

@Mods: Not able to edit my previous post so please merge this with that. Sorry
Old 27th November 2015, 09:21   #219
BHPian

Just wanted to share the list of accessories/extras which ecosport newbies can go for based on my experience i.e.
a) High quality cleaning cloth (http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00O...ilpage_o07_s00)
b) Branded wax polish (http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B006...ilpage_o07_s00)
c) Car Cover - Standard Ford
d) Fire Extinguisher (http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00O...ilpage_o08_s00)
Easily fits in the Door cubicles.
e) Mud Flaps - Standard Ford
f) Floor mats - Standard Ford
g) Boot mat - Standard Ford
h) Vinyl Seat Cover - Standard Ford
i) 3M Anti Rust Treatment ( 5 Year Warranty ) + 3M paint protection
j) Team BHP Stickers
k) Noodle type mats (http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00Q...ilpage_o05_s00)
The quality is quite good though the measurements are not exactly accurate. I have put this on top of the standard floor mats and they are quite usefull.
l) Steel DOOR SCUFF PLATES (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-...342855410.html)
These are of good quality and cost 1000 bucks for 4 as compared to 2000 for 2 by Ford.

Future accessories list :
a) Reverse Camera.
Though reverse sensors are fine, i think reverse camera is a must considering the size of the vehicle and the rear window.
b)Powerful headlamps and DRL's
For city driving, the headlamps are fine. For those who do highway driving late evenings/nights, it is a must.
dpkbehera is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 16:16   #220
BHPian

Ecosport beats S Cross consecutively for the second month (Nov 15) sales and is catching up fast with Mahindra TUV 300. Nice to see it perform steadily and consistently month after month year after year. From the avg of 3500, they should be targeting 4500 in sales which should not be difficult incase they are able to keep the OTR between 10 and 11L. Also a well refined petrol engine with a better FE and a diesel automatic can add additional numbers. Would be keen to know the breakup in sales in terms of Petrol, Ecoboost and Diesel.
Old 7th December 2015, 12:33   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
Sorry I mixed up the amounts.
The OTR price for Ecosport TDCI Titanium is 11,35,914 and not 11,78,000.
Attached are the calculation and price list I got from the dealership. Please suggest.
Any updates on your booking mate? Were you able to get any more discounts? Do let us know.

I'm planning for a new car in next 2-3 months and Ecosport is a strong contender. Am a bit confused as to if I need to wait for the Brezza launch. GC is very high on my priority list, but leaning towards Ford owing to the safety kit and strong build.
Old 7th December 2015, 22:39   #222
Senior - BHPian

Just booked an Ecosport Titanium 1.5 AT. Delivery expected in a week's time. Colour is Diamond white. OTR is 10.68 (including extended waranty). I narrowed down on ECosport in my hunt for an automatic.

considered the Creta and the XUV

Breta ruled out because of tinny build quality, soft suspension and the fact that it has a six month waiting list.

XUV- was never too keen on XUV. the only reason i considered it was size since my current car is a Safari storme and an injury has forced me to abandon driving manuals. Im not a great fan of the XUV's styling and was a wee bit apprehensive on buying a first gen product (auto tranny in XUV) from Mahindra, given their not so stellar record on electronics niggles on the XUV so far.

So at the end of the day, decided to compromise on space a bit since 80 percent of my driving is solo, and save some moolah in the process and get the Ecosport.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 00:11   #223
BHPian

Congrats Himanshu. Any discounts or freebies that you were offered? Delivery in a weeks time is pretty good. Do check on the VIN and a thorough PDI - as reported on another thread , ford plant chennai is also one of the flooded facility with the recent rains.

Also as an ex driver of the safari beast, how would you think Ecosport fares in comparison ? I know it's not an apple to apple comparison, but wanted to know your opinion.

Cheers
TurboTurtle

Last edited by turboturtle : 8th December 2015 at 00:15.
turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 10:49   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
Congrats Himanshu. Any discounts or freebies that you were offered? Delivery in a weeks time is pretty good. Do check on the VIN and a thorough PDI - as reported on another thread , ford plant chennai is also one of the flooded facility with the recent rains.

Also as an ex driver of the safari beast, how would you think Ecosport fares in comparison ? I know it's not an apple to apple comparison, but wanted to know your opinion.

Cheers
TurboTurtle
Thanks

I am getting a discount of 40K. My vehicle is already in transit and hsould reach the dealership by tomorrow so unlikely that it will be a flood impacted vehicle. Plus, given that I have some good contacts in ford India, I have ensured that i get a pristine piece.

Teh ecosport will surely not bea match for the Safari in many ways, most crucially the commanding feel and the intimidation factor on the road. I will need to do some serious mental readjustment, but at this stage, my priority is an automatic since i cant drive a manual anymore. The heavy clutch in the Safari was an absolute no no.....As they say, the only constant in life is change, so change it is....I can just pray that it is for the better
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 12:08   #225
BHPian

Sync has stopped working for me. I am only able to make and receive calls on my phone via sync but am not able to play music via sync from my phone. Any troubleshooting steps will be appreciated?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks