Team-BHP - The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170197-tata-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs-165.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillout (Post 4274839)
The car simply glides and noise insulation within the cabin is excellent and may be better than the Creta. At this price point Tata has a clear winner and can easily beat Brezza, Ecosport, Duster and Creta in most departments. Kudos to the Nexon team again

I agree with you here. It's 90 per cent of Creta at 50 per cent price. I, too, feel it will eat into Creta's sales. TM is giving this big car (relatively) at hatchback money. What more can one want? Checked out the demo car here at local dealer and it was excellent for the amount it costs. Interior is soo good. Front is imposing. Couldn't take for a spin as there were others waiting. Too bad, AMT is still some months away.

Was at Concorde today, hoping to get a TD of the petrol. But I'll will have to wait another week at least.

The SA wanted to show me the engine bay, so I played along.,

But was a little surprised to find that the air-intake is placed quite low. Or so it looks like. Let's see if our Official review has caught this point ( if I am correct).

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4274864)
Was at Concorde today, hoping to get a TD of the petrol. But I'll will have to wait another week at least.

The SA wanted to show me the engine bay, so I played along.,

But was a little surprised to find that the air-intake is placed quite low. Or so it looks like. Let's see if our Official review has caught this point ( if I am correct).

Are we expecting a TBHP review based on the Kerala drive? Or is it that the duration/ terrain was deemed unsuitable for a full fledged review and we are now waiting for TaMo or a member to provide a test drive car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by srh (Post 4274900)
Are we expecting a TBHP review based on the Kerala drive? Or is it that the duration/ terrain was deemed unsuitable for a full fledged review and we are now waiting for TaMo or a member to provide a test drive car?

We are waiting for the review from the media drive that happened in KL. The review will be coming out soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil994 (Post 4266581)
Well just like my last visit, came back from this one from the showroom even more impressed.

@Akhil - Nice review. Was this a petrol or diesel one which you test drove?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumpmeister (Post 4274934)
@Akhil- Nice review. Was this a petrol or diesel one which you test drove?

It was the diesel. The petrol TD cars are not available everywhere at the moment!

But came away thoroughly impressed. And as I said earlier, If one enters the showroom with an open mind, it is impossible to not be impressed by the product!

Once my work locations are sorted, will go ahead with the XZ+ Glasgow Grey diesel! clap:

Check out this Photoshoped Nexon XM with a matte black roof and side pillars and sweet wheels. Damm this is HOT:Shockked:
CREDITS: HARIS KARIM from fb group

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 4267653)
And what if a Maruti or Hyundai part squeaks too? It's not like these two cars have no niggles. If one searches here, he will come across these days.

So true, car buyers in India, treat Suzuki & Hyundai and other Japanese manufacturers like luxury car makers as if they cant do no mistake. Essentially, they sell us overpriced cars compared to the features on offer. As BHPians we all know, the kind of portfolio they have for their other markets and what they offer in India. We should be a little less critical of our own homegrown TATA. Every automobile right now has almost the same technology. Just my two cents.

A couple of photo-manipulations :

1. Calgary White with a Seattle Silver top

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-calgarywhiteseattlesilvertop.jpg

2. Calgary White with a Glasgow Grey top

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-calgarywhiteglasgowgreytop.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumpmeister (Post 4274991)
So true, car buyers in India, treat Suzuki & Hyundai and other Japanese manufacturers like luxury car makers as if they cant do no mistake. Essentially, they sell us overpriced cars compared to the features on offer. As BHPians we all know, the kind of portfolio they have for their other markets and what they offer in India. We should be a little less critical of our own homegrown TATA. Every automobile right now has almost the same technology. Just my two cents.

+1 - Couldn't have put it better. The Japanese & Koreans have a different set of rules for India vis-a-vis their other markets. But I feel, not to worry! I can already sense (and I'm sure others can too) a glimmer of things the to come from our home-grown majors - TM & M&M - in the not very distant future.

The rate at which these two are acquiring overseas assets & the capacity TM has demonstrated in assimilating & presenting the newly acquired technology should give pause for thought to all concerned.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to book XM variant soon and upgrade it to suit my needs.

Few questions though

1> Are the tires from XZ+ variant direct fit on XM steel wheels or they need to be upgraded first?
2> Four speakers coming in variant, are they same speakers as in XZ+ variant minus the tweeters or with lower wattage?
3>Do we get AC vents chrome finish at local accessories shop?
4> What is the approx cost for 3M roof wrap ?

Thanks.

I feel the Glasglow Grey and the Calgary White colours look better on the Nexon than the Red/Blue which they have been parading. Maybe they should have also introduced the Arizona Blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumpmeister (Post 4274991)

+1 - Couldn't have put it better. The Japanese & Koreans have a different set of rules for India vis-a-vis their other markets. But I feel, not to worry! I can already sense (and I'm sure others can too) a glimmer of things the to come from our home-grown majors - TM & M&M - in the not very distant future.

The rate at which these two are acquiring overseas assets & the capacity that TM has demonstrated in assimilating & presenting the newly acquired technology (in their current line-up) should give pause for thought to all concerned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4274476)

AutoPortal compares the Nexon with the Brezza.

Very biased review (biased towards Maruti).

You have to be really dumb (or biased) to feel both interiors are at par. Expecting a lot more reviews like this given the money and clout the market leader has.

Actually, no such PR excercise is required as people in this country can't/won't take risks and continue flocking towards Maruti products, come what may :uncontrol