Team-BHP - The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170197-tata-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs-167.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drnilswap (Post 4275181)
Price list from Nagpur

The dealers always push the insurance package/ company that is most profitable to them, but they eventually do match the outside quotes.

Himachal STA has been charging a "green/ environment tax" for a couple years now (2% above and over the normal road tax, IIRC). This Road Safety Tax must be something similar. Again revenue for the government, though I am unsure how it works within the GST framework, but that's an off topic issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hickstead (Post 4269137)
If this is the case, then Nexon might sit and fight with already over crowded segment of hatches/cross overs (Baleno, I20, I20 Active, Jazz/WR-V)

Why would that happen? If people are confusing Nexon in the same category as Baleno, i20, Jazz, its their bad...

Quote:

Originally Posted by myavu (Post 4275137)
I am bit confused here. He is comparing Brezza Diesel with Nexon Diesel right? But the car he is driving (as per the numbering system followed in Kochi media drive) is a Petrol Nexon

Whoa !
First the embargo breach, then ACI's TD before official media drives and now the paid reviews. Nexon has showed us all. lol:

I don't understand why the reviewers forget that they have a large number of people following them and they are the ones who have made their channel worthy enough for a company to approach them for a paid review. :Frustrati

Nexon has surely sent some shock-waves in the Industry.

Guys, I'm keen to buy an automatic sub-compact SUV next and the choices are clear to me.

Ecosport (refresh coming next month) or Nexon.

Do we have any update on Nexon Automatic? Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumpmeister (Post 4275197)
Why would that happen? If people are confusing Nexon in the same category as Baleno, i20, Jazz, its their bad...

I think the lines that used to divide the segments before have significantly blurred now. Overlap is bound to happen and subcompact SUVs and hatches/sedans can definitely find space on the same list for many buyers if not all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by myavu (Post 4275137)
I am bit confused here. He is comparing Brezza Diesel with Nexon Diesel right? But the car he is driving (as per the numbering system followed in Kochi media drive) is a Petrol Nexon :eek:

Now it is more evident that it is a paid exercise from Maruti :uncontrol

Can it be due to an editing glitch? I mean he could have very well called the Nexon whatever he wants without having to drive the wrong variant. But this surely should be pointed out on Youtube too for letting him reply and also for viewers to see and decide for themselves.

I've written a nasty comment on that YouTube video. I've also unsubscribed from their channel.

I believe there is going to be a lot of cross-shopping for the Nexon. Right from the premium sub-4m hatches to the 4.3m crossovers, they are all going to come and have a look at the Nexon, them shoppers! I think Nexon has been launched at a sweet sweet spot not just for the sub-4m crossover segment but across multiple segments. It's just right THERE!

I feel, you are going to see people who wanted to buy the Elite i20 end up with the Nexon, as also someone who started out buying a City or a Rapid end up with this piece of jewelry!

Price Chart in Thane (Fortune Motors)

I got time to visit the rather minuscule autoexpo being held at Coimbatore by The Hindu group and a chance to experience the Nexon in person, no test drive though. Seriously a step up for Tata, good quality throughout. Seat comfort is good, especially superb underthigh support in the back seats even! (one of those smaller things I am particular about). Its not so big when you see it in reality. A good view of the road too. Now waiting for the Ecosport facelift and then the real dilemma begins if Ford prices it right! (read right = light on my pocket :P). Anyway final decision boils down to the test drive experience and the ultimate reviews of all - Team-BHP official review!

Incidentally, I tried out the Elite i20 too at the same venue and I felt Nexon was more comfortable though not so premium looking inside as the i20. Rear seat legroom is also far better in the Nexon.

Maruti will not be that pleasant with those following numbers :D

Name:  Nexon vs Brezza.png
Views: 9608
Size:  36.3 KB

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/car-comp...parison-405930

Cheers!

Vinu

A very biased review by Autoportal favouring guess whom? I think the Maruti guys are jittery considering the comparison review was posted a day after the Nexon launch. Considering when Autocar & Motoroctane and others did it much earlier. Who else to turn to for MS than the ever reliable Ashish?

I had a quick TD of the Nexon D and here are my quick impressions:

Exteriors:
Like or hate; either you like it or you find it too loud. I am somewhere in between but I like the boxy shapes a bit more. Rear is too loud for my taste at least.
Looks more of a mutated hatch on stilts
Still has some masculine bits and I guess it will be able to easily catch eyeballs in the company of Brezza or Ecosport or even Duster too.

Interiors:
Driving experience:
Coming to Autoportal review, well, he has to say that Brezza has a better chassis and is the car of the people who call themselves 'keen drivers' (he said exactly this). I completely disagree, Brezza handles better, yes it does. Nothing else it offers over the Nexon except space and a better handling. Ride quality and high speed stability of Nexon is better, city driveability is better, power delivery is more linear and once on boil, the Nexon is a smashing performer.

Going by the sad state of auto journalism in this country, I am really thankful to GTO for giving us Team-BHP.

Apart from Teambhp reviews all other reviews will have to be taken with a pinch of salt, best way is to go test drive the car yourself as i did and experience the transformation that Tata is doing to its cars. Lets not get carried away by these biased and paid reviews. I would like to see lot more bhpians test driving this mini SUV and providing their feedback. If only Tata had launched this as originally planned it would have been in my garage, however have my Ecosport AT which is fine except for the stiff ride which can be annoying at times.

This is not the first time Autoportal has done something like this. In this video-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOBk6UGS5hY

They are comparing the diesel Jetta and the Corolla, though you can clearly see that the Jetta they are driving is the petrol version. Inspite of their growing popularity, I was never a fan of Autoportal. I am glad to see that atleast the BHPians are realising the folly exhibited by their channel.

All these comparisons aside, to be honest I will not be putting my family in any new Maruti Suzuki simple because of the fact that they are so flimsy and I cannot trust their safety credentials. Safety is a feeling and a fact both and although NCAP tests may say they are reasonably secure, I would not trust them with accidents in real life. Rememeber for all its worth, Euro NCAP crash tests are conducted in extremely controlled conditions in exactly the same way every time. The real world is different and given the conditions we have in India and the toll that they have on machinery, I would much rather be in a heavier car feeling safe than in a flimsy car rated safe for controlled crash tests.