Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2016, 22:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: December 2015 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Kwid has managed to put Renault on the coveted top 20 graph. Quite an achievement I would say. Looks like the "Kwid" tide is sweeping over Lodgy too with MoM increase to 700+ despatches now. Lodgy seems to be gaining momentum slowly and I'm actually seeing a lot more on road. Perhaps, consumers finally waking up to an underrated MPV.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 22:55   #32
BHPian

Attachment 1457837
It is interesting to see Bolero on 7th inspite of 14% fall. Equally surprising is note that the Ecosport and Ertiga have started falling so early in product lifecycle.

Last edited by GTO : 8th January 2016 at 18:01. Reason: Typo
Old 7th January 2016, 22:56   #33
BHPian

A rise in A class and B2 class sales (B1 remaining flat) shows that there is a marked improvement in the quality of cars in this class.

But also sad to say there is a marked reduction in sales in C and D and higher classes.

Increase in overall vehicle costs in all classes has eroded the purchasing power of the general population. Macro economics eventually shows up everywhere

Last edited by acidkill : 7th January 2016 at 23:04.
acidkill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 00:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Looks like the "Kwid" tide is sweeping over Lodgy too with MoM increase to 700+ despatches now. Lodgy seems to be gaining momentum slowly and I'm actually seeing a lot more on road. Perhaps, consumers finally waking up to an underrated MPV.
Lodgy numbers increase is more to do with opening up sales for taxi operators. I see quite a bit of yellow board Lodgys in HYD in recent times.
mrbaddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 09:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
Thanks Aditya for the most awaited thread of the month !!
  • Figo/Aspire not selling in the numbers they deserve is definitely an indication of the unpredictability of the Indian car market. What else Ford needs to do ?
I don't know but after checking out the new Ford offerings, there was no confidence in the product. It may be feature loaded but definitely lacks on the build quality which was USP of the company.

This is my personal opinion, if other buyers looking for products in the same segment and share the same opinion about the duo, the present situation emerges out clearly.

When I checked with the sales personal, he indicated that the maximum enquiries are for 1.5 l mill (which clearly is the differentiator) for other engine options and trim levels there is lack of interest. He also said that people are okay with 2 air bags and 6 air bags make them check about the replacement costs in case of accident and when it is advised that the cost of replacement of multiple airbags can go beyond INR 2 lac and that too it will depend upon several other factors like damage to the body etc. most of the people show disinterest in the complete safety kit.

I must appreciate the technical knowledge of the sales person, but that's about it !

May be something Ford has not done right? May be..

Last edited by i74js : 8th January 2016 at 10:03.
i74js is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 10:57   #36
BHPian

Most awaited thread, good additon by jessie007, which brings out the bosses of respective segments.
I was surprised by the Ertigas share, Citys share (rather downfall of Verna),Rise of Kwid and fall of tatas, vice like grip in the market of Maruti. Amazing market share in a competitive market.Good products by Maruti and Hyundai, making it very difficult for all others.
Old 8th January 2016, 10:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Kwid has managed to put Renault on the coveted top 20 graph. Quite an achievement I would say. Looks like the "Kwid" tide is sweeping over Lodgy too with MoM increase to 700+ despatches now. Lodgy seems to be gaining momentum slowly and I'm actually seeing a lot more on road. Perhaps, consumers finally waking up to an underrated MPV.
Agreed. Lodgy is slowly getting the attention it deserves. Its a product that may not appeal immediately but grows on you steadily. Hopefully Lodgy will be able to improve the figures and sustain in the long run. Kudos Renault!
gautomobile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 11:03   #38
BHPian

Its painful to see TATA motors at 7th Place in Indian Market. They should/must have better understanding of the Indian Market Requirements. YoY TATA sales are going down and its surprising to see that no heads are rolling at the TATA Motors.

Both Storme and Zest are brilliant vehicle by itself and deserves to sell better than these numbers.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 11:11   #39
BHPian

Ciaz is a competent product but I wonder why it's dispatches have dropped so low. Production being slowed to accommodate demand for Baleno?

Coming to Baleno, I agree with some of the Bhpians that it's a temporary spike. The crowd will eventually head towards the i20, unless Maruti surprises us by launching the Baleno Boosterjet in a few days from now. Things would be quiet interesting then.

Good performance by the Kwid. Hope Renault surprises us with better service network as well!

Honda has just a winner: City. Rest all are fine examples of their pricing arrogance.
PS: Am a Honda owner.

Tata and many on this forum believe that they have fine products. I'm sorry to say that Zest and Bolt, though a fine effort, have still some way to go in the quality department. Revotron needs to prove its reliability since the reports from existing Tata owners about their so called "proven engines" are not very encouraging. Tata should understand that reliability and ease of servicing are major factors for customers while buying a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn_out View Post
Would Chevrolet find their brains ? Stay tuned.
My views exactly!
govindremesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 11:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Honda has been hit hard by its competitors, either by offering discounts or by better models
Amaze : I did not see Honda ads in newspapers but Hyundai's Xcent and Marutis Dzire had quite a few discounts/offers ads in newspapers
Mobilio: Again no discounts compared to Lodgy or Ertiga
Jazz : Bettered by Baleno and i20 Elite
City: The only one which did not disappoint
Brio: Tilting more towards enthusiasts, better competition (Figo, Grand i10) might make this car irrelevant soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
We went to check out the City. Discounts offered were "0", even when we mentioned there is no loan requirement and payment will be NEFT'd immediately after PDI is done. Not an inch of bargaining there. We were surprised to find this in the month of December, last week. Not even a follow up call till now.
True. I was talking to Honda for a Jazz automatic and they are not even ready to discuss any discounts citing that Jazz is newly launched. Their sales numbers are on a southward journey ever since launch but they try to project the car as the most latest in the segment. Honda is too proud for their own good and are still with the same "premium" mindset they had a few years back. Competition has moved ahead of them but still they like to bask in past glory
Old 8th January 2016, 11:46   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn_out View Post
*Tata had good products in their Zest, Bolt and Storme, but their sales and service teams are running with their shoe-laces tied up. Time for a major shakeup or getting better staff.
I agree 100% Burn_out. I have been tracking this analysis for past 1 year and quite unable to understand Storme sales. It picks up every now and then and then comes plummeting down for no reason.

Inspite of Tata introducing a new variant with Storme VX Varicor 400 which is quite robust and powerful, the sales figures does not seem to improve for almost 2 months straight now.

They need better marketing strategy and sales and service staff as you mentioned and also need to add some more gizmos to the already legendary product to shake things up a bit.

Not sure about what is so wrong with the Bolt and Zest apart from that they are placed literally closed to each other in terms of price bracket as many BHPians have already stated which is hurting Bolt in a big way right from the start. Otherwise they are damn good products in their segment IMO.

Cheers!
Old 8th January 2016, 12:40   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post

Thats exactly what I faced with my Honda Dealer and is ought to happen when you have a super seller in your kitty. Honda knows that they dont need to drag people to their showrooms to buy the City. Until and unless there is a strong competitor, the situation is going to remain the same.
In my personal experience, this is general Honda attitude and is not specific to a model. I was interested in Mobilio and wanted a test drive. Sales Exec asked me to come to the showroom, and barely 20 min later when I was on the way to the showroom, called me and said the showroom is closing, please don't come. In another instance, I made an appointment with Sales exec to get the Mobilio to my place for a TD. No show, and not even a call to update me. No follow ups. Simply unprofessional conduct and lack of respect for the customer's time. Honda seem to believe that they are doing a favor to the customer by selling him/her a car.
Honda cars are no longer niggle free (see the City 4 gen niggles thread).
Their numbers are reflecting the same.
mustang_shelby is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 13:08   #43
BHPian

Tata needs a huge image makeover. The Zest and Bolt are competent products, but not many people want to risk buying them. Most of my family and several friends, who can seldom differentiate between various models are aghast when I mentioned a plan to upgrade to the Zest. The only reason everyone asks is to show at least one person who is happy with Tata A.S.S. That speaks volumes about the shabby treatment of customers by TATA.
Guru_DTSi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 13:21   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautomobile View Post
Agreed. Lodgy is slowly getting the attention it deserves. Its a product that may not appeal immediately but grows on you steadily. Hopefully Lodgy will be able to improve the figures and sustain in the long run. Kudos Renault!
Absolutely! Lodgy is a very good MPV. My elder brother bought one in Bangalore in May, 2015. We got the top end model and its been an absolute bliss driving it. The ride quality and comfort is pretty good. Not a single rattle, not a single niggle and we have driven it almost 10k kilometers with multiple out station trips. You can actually carry your world in it, as their advertisement says. Kids right away jump to the third row where they play all the games they want and we adults are left to have some peaceful time and enjoy the drive. I own a compact sedan and we switch cars whenever one of us want to take our family for outstation trips. It was money well spent. I don't think it is over priced at all. In Bangalore traffic (people in Bangalore would know what I mean), we consistently get a mileage of 17-18kmpl and on highway at least 21 kmpl. What else does one want from a vehicle!

Last edited by ambujlal : 8th January 2016 at 13:28.
ambujlal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 14:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeep_Kimster View Post
Thanks for the most awaited Sales Figure of last year.

Lets not forget Renault and Nissan are listed as an Alliance company in India.
So combining Renault, Nissan & Datsun figures they are 4th Largest in the Nation in terms of sales.

Almost same as their Alliance Worldwide Ranking as 4th.
Fully agree. At 13k combined sales in the last month, its right up there at No. 4
Very good observation
niranjanprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks