Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2016, 17:22   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV

Hyndai's Juke rival on test,
It’s unclear when Hyundai will reveal the production version, although we might see it at a major auto show in North America next year taking into account the crossover is destined to be sold in U.S. likely as a 2018MY!

Quote:
As with previous prototypes, there’s something weird go on with the headlights. The thin upper strip on the driver’s side appears to be missing the entire cluster noticeable on the passenger’s side. Instead, it only has an amber piece mounted in the middle, and that likely serves as the turn signal
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-11.jpg
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-14.jpg
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-12.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 17:30   #32
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Automobile websites are coming up with different speculations about Hyundai's Juke-rival which has been spied testing. Some believe it's based on the i20, others call it an all-new crossover based on the Intrado concept vehicle displayed earlier. Even I initially believed this was a different "top hat" on the Creta platform {which itself is based on the platform that underpins the Soul / i30 (GD) / Cee'd / Elantra (MD) among other vehicles}.

Somehow, I got the feeling that I had seen these test mules much earlier! After a long, close look at the spy pictures, there is no more mystery regarding this vehicle as far as I'm concerned.

Recently, the new i30 was unveiled by Peter Schreyer ahead of the Paris Motor Show:

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-images-31.jpg

At the unveiling, Peter showed a slide containing three vehicles which would be based on the newly unveiled car:

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-images-30.jpg

The one at the left is a coupé-like variant, the one on the right is clearly an estate / station wagon. The one in the middle is the vehicle that has been spied testing:

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-20161014-02.34.03.jpg

Yes, the vehicle caught testing is the crossover version of the new i30!

One may even be tempted to call it an i30 Active (similar to the i20 Active variant family), but it has many more differences - this not just a variant family, but a slightly modified bodystyle that's very closely related to the new i30:

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-hyundaicompactcrossoverspyshots.jpg

The spy pictures make this very clear indeed!

Take a close look at the unmistakable resemblance in the following photos.

----------------------

Camouflaged test mule:

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-2018hyundaisubcompactcrossoverspyphoto-3.jpg

Test mule of the i30 (interestingly, in the same location!):

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-hyundaii30nspyphoto-1.jpg

----------------------

This is a different test mule:

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-hyundaicompactcrossoverspyshots-2.jpg

Similar shot of another i30 test mule:

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-20155901292017hyundaii30elantragtspyphoto1.jpg

----------------------

Another angle of the first mule:

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-2018hyundaisubcompactcrossoverspyphoto.jpg

i30 test mule in a similar angle (in the exact same location!):

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-hyundaii30nspyphoto.jpg

----------------------

Yet another angle:

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-hyundaicompactcrossoverspyshots.jpg

i30 mule in a similar angle:

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-20155901252017hyundaii30elantragtspyphoto1.jpg

----------------------

To me at least, the new Juke-rival from Hyundai is the one which was shown on that presentation slide by Peter Schreyer. It's a crossover version of the new i30, and is very closely related to it!

Image credits: All spy pictures have been taken from Motor1 and the others are from Autocar (UK).

Last edited by RSR : 14th October 2016 at 17:59.
RSR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 07:20   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's i20 based Crossover spied in Germany, draws inspiration from Citroen C4 Cactus.
Quote:
The yet unnamed B-segment crossover SUV borrows styling elements from rivals that are already on the market. The Citroen C4 Cactus inspiration is quite obvious, with a thin strip of daytime running lights at the top and the headlights below that.
Quote:
The only problem here is not with the car itself but with Hyundai and how many cars it's developed to do the same job. Why did they have to make the i20 Active? Why is there another small SUV called the Creta? And how can they come with the Hyundai-Kia overlap?
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-hyundaibsuvprototypespiedwithc4cactusfaceandsleekbody_10.jpg
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-hyundaibsuvprototypespiedwithc4cactusfaceandsleekbody_6.jpg
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-hyundaibsuvprototypespiedwithc4cactusfaceandsleekbody_8.jpg

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/hy...y-112792.html#

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th November 2016 at 07:22.
Old 15th November 2016, 08:28   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Motor India plans to launch entry level SUV by 2019 - Will take on the current market leader from Maruti Suzuki- Vitara Brezza.

As per Hyundai Motor India Ltd MD & CEO YK Koo :
Quote:
We aim to launch an entry level SUV in the first half of 2019. It will be below Creta. So, we will have four SUVs in our product range
Quote:
SUV sales have been growing all over the globe, including China and Europe, and is also going to be a very popular segment in India as well.
Hyundai is currently developing a sub 4-metre compact SUV in order to fill the gap that lies below Creta. It had showcased concept compact SUV Carlino at the Auto Expo this year in February.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th November 2016 at 08:32.
Old 17th November 2016, 14:23   #35
BHPian

The compact SUV concept revealed by Hyundai in the auto expo 2016 looks like an inspiration from KIA SOUL. I have observed this vehicle closely many times in UK. SOUL looks more like a tall boy hatch than SUV. Hope Hyundai makes certain modifications in the design to look butch.
Old 29th November 2016, 13:47   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai compact SUV to debut in 2019.

The compact SUV to be production version of Hyundai’s Carlino concept; code named QXi.
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20161129125353__dsc0790.jpg

Quote:
the Hyundai compact SUV will have both petrol and diesel engine options. The diesel will be the familiar 1.4 litre U2 CRDi unit that powers other Hyundais like the Creta. The petrol version will be a 1.0 litre turbo motor capable of developing 118hp. Hyundai wants to use this motor as the “strong mid-range torque of the turbo will be essential for the compact SUV

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th November 2016 at 13:54.
Old 1st December 2016, 15:18   #37
BHPian

So, will this be the first car from Hyundai stable which will come with the 1.0 L Turbo Petrol engine? If yes, then it's awfully late by which time, Suzuki's 1.0 L BoosterJet would have captured the entire market and would be on the way to becoming India's National Petrol Engine.
Old 1st December 2016, 15:33   #38
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
So, will this be the first car from Hyundai stable which will come with the 1.0 L Turbo Petrol engine? If yes, then it's awfully late by which time, Suzuki's 1.0 L BoosterJet would have captured the entire market and would be on the way to becoming India's National Petrol Engine.
I guess it'll be the first car to feature the 1.0 Kappa Turbo-GDI right from the word go!

The i20/Active and possibly some variants of the (next gen.) Verna & Xcent may get this engine before the Carlino.

The Kappa family of petrol engines is also produced in India, and this belongs to the Kappa family. So it shouldn't be a big deal to manufacture the 1.0 Turbo-GDI here, unlike (say) Ford's 1.0 EcoBoost motor.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 19:34   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

This is Hyundai's B Compact Crossover for Europe/ US to rival Nissan's Juke, Renault's Captur and Opel's Mokka X. The compact will be unveiled in 2017 and go on sale in 2018.
This model is likely not for India!

Based on the i20 platform and sharing its components, the interiors seem inspired by i30.
Quote:
Under the hood you can see headlamp units similar to those of the I20, while the front grille seems to belong to the i30
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-5.jpg
The engine lineup will likely be the turbocharged three-cylinder 1.0-liter gasoline unit in 100 hp and 120 hp. Might also get the new turbo 1.4-liter from the third-gen i30 .
Europe-bound version is slated to get at least one thrifty diesel engine, with our money being on either the 1.4-liter or 1.6-liter CRDi.
Link
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-1.jpg
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-2.jpg
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-3.jpg
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-4.jpg
On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-7.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd January 2017 at 19:49.
Old 15th January 2017, 11:27   #40
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Blistering barnacles! I don't know what it is with these autoblogs, they're steadily descending to the level of the utterly clueless mainstream media morons. Be it seasoned international autobloggers like those at motor1 or even those at a fan site like hyundai-blog, they just don't seem to understand it!

The vehicle in the spyshots has interiors resembling the new i30 because the vehicle in the spyshots IS an i30 under the skin! Think of it as an i30 Active that is not just a variant family, but more like a crossover derivative.

I've been shouting myself hoarse, but to no avail. I even commented on one of those autoblogs that called this crossover as one based on the i20 platform. It IS NOT based on the i20 at all!

Just wait till the actual unveiling, and these international auto bloggers would realise this. The camouflaged crossover in the spyshots is neither an all-new vehicle nor is it based on the i20 platform.

It's like an i30 Active that is more than just a variant family - it happens to be a crossover derivative. The evidence is clearly obvious as shown in comment #32 of this thread. The spyshot of the interiors merely confirms what I've been saying for a long time!

Last edited by RSR : 15th January 2017 at 11:39.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 19:52   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the Compact for Eu and US, rendered, in a segment like the Creta,

On Hyundai's all-new Compact SUV-hyundaisuv.jpg

Source- Autobild
Old 1st February 2017, 20:25   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Kona – the likely name for the compact SUV

To take on Ford's Ecosport and Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza.

Motoroctane.com

Last edited by .anshuman : 1st February 2017 at 21:38. Reason: Source name corrected. Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 21:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

HYN
If this finally transpires, then the Bengali's will be having a hearty laugh. There is an expressway by the same name in Calcutta which connects the city to NH-2 and NH-6 and the word also means "corner" in colloquial Bengali. Am sure a lot of Bengali's will buy the new Hyundai and make themselves comfortable in this Korean "corner"
Old 1st February 2017, 23:29   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai Kona – the likely name for the compact SUV]...
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
If this finally transpires, then the Bengali's will be having a hearty laugh...
Gosh! Am sure this car is not going to be a major seller in Kerala with that name. That pronunciation is associated with a very lame word / meaning in Malayalam. Another one from Hyundai after the "Ex-Creta" episode.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st February 2017 at 23:30.
Old 2nd February 2017, 20:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:

To take on Ford's Ecosport and Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza.

Motoroctane.com
Interesting piece of info. "Kona" is not really an appealing name though, but then whats in a name? What I am really hoping for is that the new C-SUV stays true to the Hyundai’s Carlino concept which was showcased

Frankly speaking I am now way too tired of Hyundai's "Fluidic Design" concept. I mean keep i10, i20, Verna, Creta and Tucson together and look at them. They all look the same to me with slight differences in their heights (No offence meant)

I would love to see the C-SUV looking and behaving like a true blue SUV (albeit a mini) and not another crossover.

Last edited by Nitthari : 2nd February 2017 at 20:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks