Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 19:37   #61
BHPian

Re: Mahindra @ Auto Expo 2016

I sooo love what mahindra have done to the tuv.
Looks so elegant and proportionate too in this mod job. They should definitely introduce it as a limited edition or something later on.
The xuv aero concept, might look similar to x6 but kudos to mahindra for even trying such a concept, I think if this vehicle makes it to the production line, it will definitely sit above the xuv in terms of pricing and all.
Mahindra is definitely on a roll and how!
Old 4th February 2016, 19:37   #62
Senior - BHPian

Woohoo - suicide doors on a Mahindra crossover(?). Shall this feature make it to the production car?

The TUV with body kit actually looks better than the regular TUV (sans the protruding front grills)
Old 4th February 2016, 19:39   #63
BHPian

Aero to some reality. Mahindra's answer to the Creta and the Duster. The Tivoli unveiled.
Source: cartoq
http://www.cartoq.com/duster-creta-c...uto-expo-2016/
Old 4th February 2016, 21:11   #64
BHPian

Now that the euphoria has settled down a bit, I think it's time to analyse the Aero concept for what it really is.
The million dollar question : Is it a BMW X6 copy?
Yes! But no more than a Mercedes GLE coupe. I think it's unfair to call M & M a Chinese copy cat just because they attempted something on the SAC body frame. Come on! I applaud Mahindra for having the guts to try something this outrageous. Remember, this is what BMW did initially. They made a 'love it or hate it' contraption and showcased it to the world. I for one loved it! We are a country where coupes and sports cars are a rarity. We have manufacturers fighting it out for the 'Kitna deti hai' championship. Performance always takes a back seat in our market. In such an environment, Mahindra has come up with something like this. Sure! It ain't perfect. The design is too busy at some places, it should definitely lose some weight, I'm still confused about the rear. And if what Autocar said is true, by the time this goes into production, that is 2 years from now, the XUV face would be too familiar(it already is)

Like some already said, it would've been awesome if Mahindra took more cues from the Komodo concept. Simple, graceful lines always trump overdone curves and swooshes IMO.

But when was the last time we had a manufacturer operating in India offer a 210 bhp powertrain and a claimed 0-100 in 6 seconds, in a mainstream product (hopefully at a mainstream price), with various driving modes, in a rebellious body style?
That's what excites the petrolhead in me and that's why I embrace it for what it really is!

Last edited by GKR9900 : 4th February 2016 at 21:16.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 21:32   #65
BHPian

Each and every individual like us has our likings to a car or bike or TV or anything for that matter but at the same time liked by many. I think car companies does not intentionally make ugly cars that makes crowd move away from them. There are many thinking heads in all these companies who put a lot of efforts and money in creating new designs and all these are done after plenty of market research. The Indian mindset is still changing and that is a good sign and it should definitely give us lots of varieties and really makes us spoilt with options. Good luck to all.
Old 4th February 2016, 23:17   #66
BHPian

Wow the Aero looks fantastic. I really don't care if it is inspired by the X6. A good design is a good design. But I think the rear of the car can use more design elements to make it as spectacular as the front.

What I don't like is the dashboard. I don't think taking the xuv dashboard and slapping on some faux carbon fiber and an ipad works. Looks almost like an afterthought to me. Also the integration is awful. A much better integration of a large touchscreen can be seen in say a Tesla model S. And please for heavens sake get rid of that walking stick sized gear lever. It looks so badly out of place.

Interiors is not exactly a traditional Mahindra strength and this car seems to be no exception.

However kudos for a very bold concept. Well done.
Locomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 03:35   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Now that the euphoria has settled down a bit, I think it's time to analyse the Aero concept for what it really is.
The million dollar question : Is it a BMW X6 copy?
Yes! But no more than a Mercedes GLE coupe. I think it's unfair to call M & M a Chinese copy cat just because they attempted something on the SAC body frame. Come on! I applaud Mahindra for having the guts to try something this outrageous. Remember, this is what BMW did initially. They made a 'love it or hate it' contraption and showcased it to the world. I for one loved it! We are a country where coupes and sports cars are a rarity. We have manufacturers fighting it out for the 'Kitna deti hai' championship. Performance always takes a back seat in our market. In such an environment, Mahindra has come up with something like this. Sure! It ain't perfect. The design is too busy at some places, it should definitely lose some weight, I'm still confused about the rear. And if what Autocar said is true, by the time this goes into production, that is 2 years from now, the XUV face would be too familiar(it already is)

Like some already said, it would've been awesome if Mahindra took more cues from the Komodo concept. Simple, graceful lines always trump overdone curves and swooshes IMO.

But when was the last time we had a manufacturer operating in India offer a 210 bhp powertrain and a claimed 0-100 in 6 seconds, in a mainstream product (hopefully at a mainstream price), with various driving modes, in a rebellious body style?
That's what excites the petrolhead in me and that's why I embrace it for what it really is!
It is just a concept so dont let power or performance figures amuse you. 6 seconds to hundred is just not possible with just 210 bhp. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 5th February 2016 at 03:37.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 05:32   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
It is just a concept so dont let power or performance figures amuse you. 6 seconds to hundred is just not possible with just 210 bhp. Take it with a pinch of salt.
I guess I should. Being a concept, did Mahindra use light weight materials to keep the weight in check? Even if the 0-100 timings are overtly optimistic, I pray Mahindra doesn't go for a more conservative tune. 210bhp and some 400Nm torque would ensure the success of this model, me thinks!
Old 5th February 2016, 05:35   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
I guess I should. Being a concept, did Mahindra use light weight materials to keep the weight in check? Even if the 0-100 timings are overtly optimistic, I pray Mahindra doesn't go for a more conservative tune. 210bhp and some 400Nm torque would ensure the success of this model, me thinks!
It is just a concept. I doubt it even drives. As long as it is not on the road or on sale, they can say practically say whatever they like. It has to be a brand new engine if it going to deliver 200 odd bhp and that itself is a huge exercise for any Indian company to do on its own.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 5th February 2016 at 05:37.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 07:25   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
It has to be a brand new engine if it going to deliver 200 odd bhp and that itself is a huge exercise for any Indian company to do on its own.
The existing engine/s aren't M&M's either. It is from AVL, Austria [I know you know this ]

M&M dealers aren't really looking forward to sell the Sangyong brand unless there are more products & spare availability.
Old 5th February 2016, 10:34   #71
Team-BHP Support

Have updated this post with some pictures of the e2o Sport:

Mahindra @ Auto Expo 2016-02-aaa_2232.jpg

And this post with a few pictures of the Tivoli:

Mahindra @ Auto Expo 2016-aaa_2242.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th February 2016 at 10:45.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 13:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Mahindra Electric

It's the Mahindra Reva e2o Sport
If the realistic launch specs are front disc/rear drum with 14 inch alloys , it's enough imo.
Important is to maintain the 200km range, and that superb 0-60 pickup.
Old 5th February 2016, 13:58   #73
Senior - BHPian

After seeing the Tivoli, i realized the idea behind the design for the KUV100. Looks like mahindra's have found like minded designers in Korea as well
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 14:16   #74
BHPian

Quote:
It's the Mahindra Reva e2o Sport:

Given how fun the e2o was to drive, I can only imagine this being a complete hoot!
Note the cross-drilled discs and red calipers:

In this video they mentioned about independent suspension for the e2o Sport. Is this any different from the existing e2o setup? The car as such looks the same in terms of overall design other than few design tweaks. Also do we have any interior pics of the car? I would really like to get those seats in my e2o.
Old 5th February 2016, 14:58   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Modified TUV300 & KUV100

Speaking of modifications, the changes on this TUV really help its otherwise blocky & flat looks:
Mahindra really needs to make this a standard offering on the TUV300. Even if they have to increase the price a bit.

The E2O with 200km range Why not just introduce that as the new standard E2O?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks