Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:08   #106
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
You can extend warranty upto the 6th year of ownership. And if your running is high, id suggest picking up the prepaid service (bsi) packs. Complete peace of mind!

Post warranty is difficult to predict... But, on an average, id say, put aside a lac a year for it (excluding mandatory expenses like insurance etc).
Thanks. My running is going to be pretty low - around 500 km a month at the max. According to the Coimbatore dealer, 10 years & 100,000 km BSI pack costs around 2 lakhs for the basic package and 4 lakhs for plus package. Wondering if the basic pack would do or if I need to stretch for the plus pack.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 2nd June 2016 at 11:18.
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:59   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been keenly looking to get the X1 for delivery in August but with the way diesel engines are being banned I am skeptical to get one. I would much rather prefer getting a petrol variant as the NVH will be far better and so will the resale in the future as the lifespan of diesel engines is being limited to 10 years by the govt as per speculations.

I hope BMW takes a proactive steps, like they did with the 320i and gets the petrol CBU X1's in ASAP
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:36   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Should I go with X1 or stretch to the X3? The dealer is willing to offer good discounts on the X3. Just that X3 has many features not available compared to X1 M sport. Any tips/advise guys?
I'd say X1 M sport is a great deal. If you don't need the slightly more space then take the X1. It will be better to drive than the heavier X3 with the 20d engine. Not to mention things like M sport suspension, heads up display.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 20:14   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I hope BMW takes a proactive steps, like they did with the 320i and gets the petrol CBU X1's in ASAP
You should try the new GLC, I haven't driven / seen but it should be little bigger & as with other Mercedes launches makes sense to pick from initial CBU lot.
Old 3rd June 2016, 14:04   #110
BHPian

Just got a quote from my dealer on the BMW X1 for its Basic Service Inclusive Package with Extended Warranty for the X1 sDrive Expidition is as follows:
BMW secure premium: 25,673/-

3 years / 40,000 Kms: 1,62,476/-
3 years / 60,000 Kms: 3,10,410/-
5 years / 60,000 Kms: 4,22,620/-
5 years / 100,000 Kms: 5,72,042/-

Note: For different editions eg, mSport and xDrive only the BMW secure premium is more, rest of the Warranty packages are the same.
eg. BMW secure premium is for 33,487/- for the xLine mSport version of the X1.
Old 3rd June 2016, 14:13   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Just got a quote from my dealer on the BMW X1 for its Basic Service Inclusive Package with Extended Warranty for the X1 sDrive Expidition is as follows:
Don't go for BSI, just extended warranty is enough and is true VFM.

Service bills won't be that high to justify these high prices of BSI.
Old 3rd June 2016, 15:24   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Don't go for BSI, just extended warranty is enough and is true VFM.

Service bills won't be that high to justify these high prices of BSI.
Coimbatore dealer quoted 2 lakhs plus tax for the basic BSI package and 4 lakhs plus tax for the BSI plus for 10 years or 100,000 km. I am wondering if we are going to get service bills lesser than this on the long run - inspite of factoring in the interest on the money paid towards BSI.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 3rd June 2016 at 15:29.
Old 3rd June 2016, 21:30   #113
BHPian

I would like to know the cost of replacing the following for either the old or this X1, I think I might just call the dealer and ask.
1. Front, Rear Brake Pads set.
2. Clutch plate replacement.
3. Paid oil change.
4. Replacing Side view mirrors.

Depending on this I shall make my decision on weather to get the BSI or not.
It might be close to the 3 Series, so any 3 series owners here, would be great to get your inputs.

Thank you.
Old 3rd June 2016, 21:37   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'd say X1 M sport is a great deal. If you don't need the slightly more space then take the X1. It will be better to drive than the heavier X3 with the 20d engine. Not to mention things like M sport suspension, heads up display.

Thanks, this kind of helps clear my doubts. Even space wise X1 is almost 90% of X3, so I guess I won't be losing out on space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You should try the new GLC, I haven't driven / seen but it should be little bigger & as with other Mercedes launches makes sense to pick from initial CBU lot.

The new GLC should be upwards of 65L on road in Bangalore I am guessing for the variant with all features.There won't be discounts as well and so will have to really stretch a lot. But will surely have a look.
Old 4th June 2016, 12:42   #115
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
I would like to know the cost of replacing the following for either the old or this X1, I think I might just call the dealer and ask.
1. Front, Rear Brake Pads set.
2. Clutch plate replacement.
3. Paid oil change.
4. Replacing Side view mirrors.

Depending on this I shall make my decision on weather to get the BSI or not.
It might be close to the 3 Series, so any 3 series owners here, would be great to get your inputs.

Thank you.
I have the previous generation X1.

1. Front, Rear Brake Pads set. --- 90k approx includes all 4 brake pads, discs and sensors. But the prices have increased now.
2. Clutch plate replacement. -- i dont think you will need this. Have no clue about the cost.
3. Paid oil change. -- Around 20-30k includes engine oil and some filters, but this is for the initial kms and later the cost will surely increase.
4. Replacing Side view mirrors. --- The kit will cost you upwards of 70k per side. Only the glass is a steep 35-40k a side. This can be covered under insurance.
bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 21:37   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a test drive of the X1 today:

1. It is only a bit taller (around 3.5 cm) than the previous generation, not a whole lot taller. However it is also wider and overall conveys the sense of beign a larger car than the previous generation X1 and the Audi Q3.

2. The build quality is immaculate, the doors are solid, although a bit lighter than I would have imagined.

3. The interior quality is only just acceptable. Although the fit if very good, the materials do not seem as plush as I would expect.

4. The steering wheel is a joy to hold. Very small for an SUV, but well contoured and has just the right amount of heft.

5. The headroom (both front and rear) is awesome. I test drove the Ford Endeavour, which is two sizes bigger, but found the headroom inadequate.

6. The seating position is a bit low the seat would not go up as much as I liked even in the highest position, however, the visibility is superb, no complaints there. The dash seems low set.

7. There are abundant storage spaces, including a couple of unexpected ones under both the front seats. There is even a mini glove compartment for the driver!

8. The back row space is very good, the seat back can be reclined at a variety of angles it is easy to get comfortable in the back.

9. The boot is very big even after accommodating the space saver spare.

10. The gear shift level looks average and seems only on par with my Ecosport in terms of finish. I would have loved to see the earlier electronic gear lever based on the previous ZF transmission.

11. However, the gear lever is very functional and shift solidly into the drive and into the manual mode. The gear shift paddles in X line and above trims are very well placed.

12. However, the horn is not at all well placed, it is very small in the middle of the wheel and hard to reach and also hard to activate. I think BMW is going to contribute its bit to reduce noise pollution, whether we like it or not as owners!

13. The brakes are very sharp and a couple of times the car came to a stop with a jerk just as I was fiddling with the brake.

14. The engine is smooth and punchy and the car picks up revs very fast. I was at 4000 rpm a couple of times before I knew it.

15. I found the transmission to be fairly smooth shifting in comfort mode and quite quick including downshifts. The sport mode makes a tad more aggressive. The acceleration is very linear but quick. There is no sudden shove in the back.

16. The car is a joy to drive in the city especially overtaking slow moving vehicles and twisting around a bit to do so. It is the perfect size for our crowded streets!

17. Trip computer showed 9 KPL after a lot of aggressive driving and stop/start conditions. I had turned auto start/stop off and was on sport mode most of the time. I am sure one should much better numbers with Ecospro mode and Auto start/stop mode turned on.

I have asked for pictures of the expedition trim to see how much the interiors differ. Most features except sun roof and paddle shifters are present in the Expdition trim, at a price point that is over 6 Lacs lower.

The transmission

Was researching a bit about the Aisin 8-speed gearbox on the new X1. This is a fairly new design, started to get into some Lexus cars in 2014 and then into Volvo Cars (including the new XC90) in 2016. Looks like the Cadillac XT5 2017 model is slated to use it as well.

The reviews of the various cars are fairly positive about the box. AXF8F45 box can handle upto 470 NM of torque, so it seems safe to be paired to the X1's 400 NM max engine output. The box seems to be responsive and very fuel efficient. It works very well in high speed conditions however there are some cases of slight hesitation/jerkiness reported in city conditions.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 22:26   #117
BHPian

A couple of questions

1. Any idea about the official ground clearance. Few websites say 193 mm while the others say 165 mm. Since the official spec sheet doesn't include this piece of info. I am wondering what the exact figure is.

2. I believe the turning radius is 5.7 m - is it not a little too high for the size of the car? Again this info is missing in the official spec sheet

3. Is X1 also prone to hydrostatic lock when driven in rains and stagnant water where other cars can be driven safely?
Old 11th June 2016, 22:40   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
A couple of questions

1. Any idea about the official ground clearance. Few websites say 193 mm while the others say 165 mm. Since the official spec sheet doesn't include this piece of info. I am wondering what the exact figure is.

2. I believe the turning radius is 5.7 m - is it not a little too high for the size of the car? Again this info is missing in the official spec sheet

3. Is X1 also prone to hydrostatic lock when driven in rains and stagnant water where other cars can be driven safely?

As per the dealer, the GC is 165 mm. Not sure where you case across the 193mm figure? That would have been nice if it were true, for Indian conditions.
Old 11th June 2016, 23:32   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
As per the dealer, the GC is 165 mm. Not sure where you case across the 193mm figure? That would have been nice if it were true, for Indian conditions.
Please see http://m.carandbike.com/reviews/excl...review-1283784
Old 17th June 2016, 07:26   #120
BHPian

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Guys I had gone ahead with booking the Msport version 2 weeks back in Mediterranean blue. This after confirming with the dealer on whether the Color was available or not. Now after 2 weeks they come back and say that Msport in India is available only in Mineral White and Estoril Blue. This is just ridiculous. I had looked at Estoril blue in person and didn't like it. How about White? Will it look good in Msport? Thinking of asking more discounts/accessories from the dealer for this confusion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks